Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: James Files Truth or Fantasy?  (Read 3806 times)

Offline John Tonkovich

Re: James Files Truth or Fantasy?
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2020, 12:46:15 AM »
Advertisement
Edward Jay Epstein, email to Barb Junkkarinen (24th April, 2001)
In brief, NBC retained me as a consultant for their planned story on Files. I hired the detective firm of Jules Kroll. JK established from telephone records Files was in Chicago, not Dallas, on November 22,1963. We then placed a call to Files from Dick Clark's office (DC was producer), and I interviewed Files about Kroll findings. He said he had a twin brother, who no one knew about, and whom he met shortly before November 22, and who he murdered after November 22. He said it was his twin brother in hospital with his wife, not him. His wife, however, said there was no twin, and Kroll confirmed there was no twin. My view then and now is that Files invented the story for the money it would earn him.
Thx. This thread=waste of bandwidth.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2020, 12:46:15 AM »

Offline Denis Pointing

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2020, 02:05:50 AM »
Thx. This thread=waste of bandwidth.

Agreed, I can't believe people are still asking about James Files!! Tom P. must be laughing his ass off up there.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2020, 02:11:18 AM by Denis Pointing »

Offline John Tonkovich

« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2020, 03:22:44 PM »
Agreed, I can't believe people are still asking about James Files!! Tom P. must be laughing his ass off up there.
I certainly hope so!  I do miss that guy. What a brain. And what a life he led.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2020, 03:22:44 PM »

Offline Denis Pointing

« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2020, 04:08:54 PM »
I certainly hope so!  I do miss that guy. What a brain. And what a life he led.

Absolutely incredible guy. He certainly knew his stuff. We were as close as you can get over the internet, I would have liked to have met him in person. Obviously, I didn't agree with his final conclusion, that Oswald was part of a conspiracy, but that didn't matter. Tom, was very underrated and his work never got the respect it deserved. Strange, the two people I respected most in the JFK community, Tom and Gary Mack, were both CT's.

Offline John Tonkovich

« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2020, 02:40:22 PM »
I had the pleasure of knowing Tom for several years, strictly through email and snail mail. Do wish I had called him.
Tom personally interviewed many of the key individuals involved in this historic event.
He also sent me some pictures of his HALO jumps, including a snapshot of his altimeter at 20,000+ feet. : ) 

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2020, 02:40:22 PM »

Offline Denis Pointing

« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2020, 04:51:25 PM »
I had the pleasure of knowing Tom for several years, strictly through email and snail mail. Do wish I had called him.
Tom personally interviewed many of the key individuals involved in this historic event.
He also sent me some pictures of his HALO jumps, including a snapshot of his altimeter at 20,000+ feet. : )

Tom would never 'talk' too much concerning his military career, just a few bits n pieces, I knew he was in Nam of course and he told me a couple of stories about that but not much. I always enjoyed it when some fake wannabe at the ED forum would boast about his 'military career' or exaggerate his expertise in firearms. Tom would rip em a new one in a few sentences. lol I learnt a lot from Tom. Tell me John, did you ever get the impression Tom knew more about black op's than he was willing/able to admit?
« Last Edit: October 26, 2020, 04:52:57 PM by Denis Pointing »