Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Power cut important clarification required  (Read 31983 times)

Online Royell Storing

Re: Power cut important clarification required
« Reply #40 on: February 26, 2018, 05:14:22 PM »
Advertisement
...and Sawyer taking the front elevator without issue a few minutes after the assassination.

Different shaft; would work independently of freight elevators.

That adds another person to the conspiracy in the TSBD.  A pretty big risk

Not if he's already in.

The purpose is unclear

Think a little harder.

BTW, my comment was purely technical, but can you name a TSBD witness who said they experienced an intermittent problem with the freight elevators on other occasions?

By the time the front elevator was used, Oswald had probably already departed the TSBD. This Front Elevator time frame was also several minutes after the Hine testimony/time frame. If Hine is talking about a power outage as the JFK Limo approaches the TSBD/Passes by, this would be an important issue. A possible power outage at the TSBD several minutes After the assassination serves No Purpose.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #40 on: February 26, 2018, 05:14:22 PM »

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #41 on: February 26, 2018, 06:14:50 PM »
Why do you ignore that Baker and Truly took the freight elevator by addressing the fact that Sawyer took the front elevator?

I don't. You introduced Sawyer.

Sawyer's trip up and back down the front elevator is just another example that the power was on in the building.

Showing you (surprise) entirely missed my point, being, there would have been separate breakers for each elevator.

Baker and Truly's trip demonstrates the same along with the fact that the freight elevator was working fine.

But...

Mr. MOONEY - It was a push button affair the best I can remember. got hold of the controls and it worked. We started up and got to the second. I was going to let them off and go on up. And when we got there, the power undoubtedly cut off, because we had no more power on the elevator. [...]

What is your time frame for when the freight elevator was not operational?

Refer to MOONEY quote above, then expand if possible.

And why be coy and ask me for an explanation for why the power would be cut off to that elevator?

Oh...you understand it might be to trap someone escaping on the upper floors or, worse, inside the elevator.

This is not my theory.

Fine. Neither is it mine.

It sounds complicated and risky without any obvious benefit.  If you have some insight, let us know.

The benefit is obvious as I've explained, trapping the patsy, but complicated to get right I agree.

Again, my initial post was purely technical simply to illustrate that it should have been possible to cut out the elevators individually. There was no need to cut power to the whole building as indicated by other poster(s).

So your theory is that Oswald was supposed to be trapped in the elevator coming down?  And the conspirators turned off the power to an elevator going up for some reason even though Oswald wasn't in the elevator?  In fact, they do this with a police officer in the elevator?  LOL.  And some conspirator hung around in the building after the assassination while the DPD was there turning the power off and on to the elevator?  Then managed to escape unnoticed.  That was quite a plan. Who was supposed to explain why the patsy was trapped in the elevator because its power had been turned off had this plan worked?

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #42 on: February 26, 2018, 07:39:13 PM »
Your half brain running rampant again?

Who was supposed to explain why the patsy was trapped in the elevator because its power had been turned off had this plan worked?

Was MOONEY required to explain why the power was undoubtedly cut off (and came back)?

LOL.  Your theory is that OSWALD (i.e. the assassin) would be captured because he was trapped in the elevator.  Don't you think someone might be interested in how the presidential assassin was caught and why his elevator was not functioning?  And understand how this is different from Mooney who no one would care about?  Whew.  I thought some others here were not too bright but this one is a keeper.  I noticed you ignored everything else like why they cut the power to an elevator going up when they were trying to trap someone coming down in your fantasy but I can understand why you ran from that. 

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #42 on: February 26, 2018, 07:39:13 PM »

Offline Michael O'Brian

« Reply #43 on: February 26, 2018, 07:56:22 PM »
The Hertz clock does not appear to be on in the Bronson clip.

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #44 on: February 26, 2018, 08:04:18 PM »
Or was ill-timed.

Mr. MOONEY - It was a push button affair the best I can remember. got hold of the controls and it worked. We started up and got to the second. I was going to let them off and go on up. And when we got there, the power undoubtedly cut off, because we had no more power on the elevator. So I looked around their office there, just a short second or two, and then I went up the staircase myself. And I met some other officers coming down, plainclothes, and I believe they were deputy sheriffs. They were coming down the staircase. But I kept going up. And how come I get off the sixth floor, I don't know yet. But, anyway, I stopped on six, and didn't even know what floor I was on.

Who were those deputy sheriffs?

Who were those deputy sheriffs?

Ya mean the ones that were dressed in light colored khaki?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #44 on: February 26, 2018, 08:04:18 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #45 on: February 26, 2018, 10:55:51 PM »
The point is that she is referring to the "lights" on the phone being out because there are no incoming calls.  Not the power.

You don't know what she's referring to -- you're making an assumption.  All she said was "the lights all went out".

If you believe this alleged power outage has nothing to do with a conspiracy and is just some type of coincidence, then you are at odds with your fellow nuts who clearly are claiming this proves a conspiracy.   That is the entire point of the OP.

No, that's another Richard Smith strawman.  The OP just asked if there was a power cut or not.  You're the one injecting yourself into the conversation with your usual irrelevant rants about fantasy conspirators.

Baker and Truly took the elevator just a couple of minutes after the assassination.  The power is on to the Hertz sign at 12:30.  There are films of the lights on in the TSBD.   The power outage is simply a CTer fantasy. It didn't happen.

So your contention is that a power cut had to effect the entire building and to have happened prior to 12:30 for it to have happened at all?  Have you heard of these things called electrical circuits?
« Last Edit: February 26, 2018, 11:03:52 PM by John Iacoletti »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #46 on: February 26, 2018, 10:59:40 PM »
If you believe that Truly and Baker were going Up that TSBD stairwell roughly 1+ minute following the Kill Shot, then you would then have to also believe they were doing so in Pitch Black if there were a power outage at the TSBD.

What gives you the idea that the stairwells had electrical lighting in the first place or that they would be pitch black and not illuminated by the ambient light from the different floors?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #46 on: February 26, 2018, 10:59:40 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #47 on: February 26, 2018, 11:05:06 PM »
If the clock had been operating on AC it would have been susceptible to power failures and would require frequent adjustments due to  frequency drift.     The DC power supplied by the battery bank was a constant steady supply of  unwavering power.

Richard doesn't know how the Hertz clock was powered.  He just makes this crap up as he goes along.