Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Power cut important clarification required  (Read 31976 times)

Online Richard Smith

Re: Power cut important clarification required
« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2018, 05:43:44 PM »
Advertisement
My take is that mention of a brief power cut at some point stimulated imaginations.

Hine - comment regarding lack of phone activity was taken to mean power cut - this was just around time of shooting -no cut

Truly and Baker - a minute or so after - Truly calls for elevators - no response as both most likely have gates open on 5th floor - no power cut - see next

Truly gets to 5th floor and no west elevator - still power at 3-4 minutes

Sawyer - about 4 minutes he goes up passenger elevator at front of TSBD - stays a few minutes and returns down to entrance

Just after this Mooney and Adams likely report same brief event - short loss of power

I think the power may have been cut briefly following the entry of the fire brigade. This is just a proposal as I don?t have that timing in front of me.

No one in their right mind would take the elevators for speed. They were slower than the stairs. The east elevator however did have the advantage of being totally controllable by the operator.

I agree with most of this.  But why would the fire department cut the power?
« Last Edit: February 24, 2018, 05:45:39 PM by Richard Smith »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2018, 05:43:44 PM »

Online Royell Storing

« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2018, 05:55:04 PM »
Sawyer takes the front elevator up and down just a few minutes after the assassination.  I believe Bugliosi puts his first trip up at 12:36.  That elevator is functioning fine.  Baker and Truly are taking another elevator from the 5th to 7th floor at about the same time.  So there is confirmation that the elevators are working.  The Hertz sign is on at 12:30.  There are various films and photos that show lights on in the building.  No power outage.

I have No faith in the Hertz Sign. Photo(s) can be doctored and from that point the Mandella Effect takes over. This has happened repeatedly in this case whether it be an intentional act or Old Guard Researchers endlessly/erroneously repeating hearsay. The Mis ID of assassination eyewitness Mumford being a case on point. If you believe that Truly and Baker were going Up that TSBD stairwell roughly 1+ minute following the Kill Shot, then you would then have to also believe they were doing so in Pitch Black if there were a power outage at the TSBD. I believe that either/both of these individuals would have mentioned having to navigate through the dark while in pursuit of a possible shooter. Officer Baker did have his gun drawn as he and Truly went Up the stairwell. This verifies his apprehension regarding the situation he was actively involved in.   

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2018, 06:11:37 PM »
      I have No faith in the Hertz Sign. Photo(s) can be doctored and from that point the Mandella Effect takes over. This has happened repeatedly in this case whether it be an intentional act or Old Guard Researchers endlessly/erroneously repeating hearsay. The Mis ID of assassination eyewitness Mumford being a case on point. If you believe that Truly and Baker were going Up that TSBD stairwell roughly 1+ minute following the Kill Shot, then you would then have to also believe they were doing so in Pitch Black if there were a power outage at the TSBD. I believe that either/both of these individuals would have mentioned having to navigate through the dark while in pursuit of a possible shooter. Officer Baker did have his gun drawn as he and Truly went Up the stairwell. This verifies his apprehension regarding the situation he was actively involved in.

So you believe the conspirators doctored a photo clearly showing the Hertz sign functional at 12:30?  Is there no limit to their power (no pun intended)?  I can't exactly follow your point on Baker.  Are you claiming he had his gun drawn because it was dark on the stairs due to a power outage and not because he had heard shots fired from within the building and was in pursuit of an active shooter?  Or are you claiming because neither Baker nor Truly mentioned that it was dark that this means the power was on?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2018, 06:11:37 PM »

Online Royell Storing

« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2018, 07:57:33 PM »
So you believe the conspirators doctored a photo clearly showing the Hertz sign functional at 12:30?  Is there no limit to their power (no pun intended)?  I can't exactly follow your point on Baker.  Are you claiming he had his gun drawn because it was dark on the stairs due to a power outage and not because he had heard shots fired from within the building and was in pursuit of an active shooter?  Or are you claiming because neither Baker nor Truly mentioned that it was dark that this means the power was on?

Point is, if the power had been out and Officer Baker knew he was chasing a killer/shooter, (which he did because he had his gun out), there is No Way he enters into and attempts to navigate his way through a Pitch Black stairwell he has Never been inside previously.
Yeah, either/both would have mentioned this alleged Black Out situation when they told the WC their story.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2018, 07:59:50 PM by Royell Storing »

Online Royell Storing

« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2018, 08:08:04 PM »
Because armed Policemen are afraid of the dark?

There is a difference between Dark and Pitch Black. Plus, Officer Baker is completely unfamiliar with the building/stairwell. Cops are smart. Nobody wins if you place yourself in a situation like that. You or a completely innocent person, (Styles/Adams), could get shot.  Do Not use the Pitch Black Stairwells until flashlights/temp lighting of some kind is supplied.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2018, 08:08:04 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2018, 01:10:53 PM »

So you believe the conspirators doctored a photo clearly showing the Hertz sign functional at 12:30?

Duh!....The Hertz sign WAS running on time because it did NOT run on AC.....    The sign was operated from a battery bank that was kept charged by a battery charger that as operated by the AC.

If the clock had been operating on AC it would have been susceptible to power failures and would require frequent adjustments due to  frequency drift.     The DC power supplied by the battery bank was a constant steady supply of  unwavering power.

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2018, 02:48:00 PM »
Point is, if the power had been out and Officer Baker knew he was chasing a killer/shooter, (which he did because he had his gun out), there is No Way he enters into and attempts to navigate his way through a Pitch Black stairwell he has Never been inside previously.
Yeah, either/both would have mentioned this alleged Black Out situation when they told the WC their story.

So you are saying the power was not out since we know Baker and Truly did go up the stairs?  I think they would have gone up anyway, but we are in agreement that the power was not out which is the point under consideration here.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2018, 02:48:00 PM »

Online Royell Storing

« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2018, 03:49:19 PM »
So you are saying the power was not out since we know Baker and Truly did go up the stairs?  I think they would have gone up anyway, but we are in agreement that the power was not out which is the point under consideration here.

Yeah. I believe the power was On because: (1) Baker and Truly made No Mention of having to navigate a Pitch Black stairway in their WC Testimony, (2) Officer Baker would Not have entered a Pitch Black Stairway he had Never used before, & (3) Truly was ahead of Baker leading him Up the stairwell. How would Baker have been able to See/Follow Truly in a Pitch Black Stairwell?