Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Power cut important clarification required  (Read 32517 times)

Offline John Iacoletti

Re: Power cut important clarification required
« Reply #72 on: February 27, 2018, 09:28:16 PM »
Advertisement

(1) You do Not think they used Lighting for their filming of this re-creation? (2) On top of that, this "Production" needed at least 3 Takes. Do some research before popping off.

Who's the one popping off?  You can't even bluff your way through an argument.  Put up or shut up, Royell.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #72 on: February 27, 2018, 09:28:16 PM »

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #73 on: February 27, 2018, 09:42:05 PM »
Doesn't appear to be illuminated or pitch black in the Secret Service reconstruction film.

In the Secret Service reconstruction film the lighting in the stairwell seems to alternate between pitch black and being illuminated perhaps they found the switch for your ambient lighting?

JohnM

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #74 on: February 27, 2018, 09:46:50 PM »
In the Secret Service reconstruction film the lighting in the stairwell seems to alternate between pitch black and being illuminated perhaps they found the switch for your ambient lighting?

While we're on the subject of switches, where were the switches for these alleged stairwell lights located?  Also, why doesn't the Secret Service man seem to be as concerned about traversing the "pitch black" stairway as Royell insists Baker and Truly would have been?
« Last Edit: February 27, 2018, 09:56:06 PM by John Iacoletti »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #74 on: February 27, 2018, 09:46:50 PM »

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #75 on: February 27, 2018, 10:01:14 PM »
While we're on the subject of switches, where were the switches for these alleged stairwell lights located?

You can't always rely on an elevator as Truly and Baker discovered on the 22nd so when the staff in the building are going home when it's dark and the elevators are not accessible how do they traverse the stairs or was everybody expected to be out of the building before sundown?

JohnM

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #76 on: February 27, 2018, 10:20:08 PM »
You can't always rely on an elevator as Truly and Baker discovered on the 22nd so when the staff in the building are going home when it's dark and the elevators are not accessible how do they traverse the stairs or was everybody expected to be out of the building before sundown?

Not sure I'm following you.  Are you assuming that "ambient light" means sunlight?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #76 on: February 27, 2018, 10:20:08 PM »

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #77 on: February 27, 2018, 10:25:29 PM »
Not sure I'm following you.  Are you assuming that "ambient light" means sunlight?

Ok you are working on a high floor and you finish up and it's dark outside, you turn off the lights on your floor and then what, you stumble down the stairs?
And on top of that you need to rely on everyone on the floors below to equally leave on their lights and just pray that nobody closed one of the stairwell doors which as I've shown in film and photo can be closed.

JohnM
« Last Edit: February 27, 2018, 10:33:09 PM by John Mytton »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #78 on: February 27, 2018, 10:56:20 PM »
Ok you are working on a high floor and you finish up and it's dark outside, you turn off the lights on your floor and then what, you stumble down the stairs?
And on top of that you need to rely on everyone on the floors below to equally leave on their lights and just pray that nobody closed one of the stairwell doors which as I've shown in film and photo can be closed.

Gotcha.  Those are reasonable questions.  I don't know enough about the TSBD building work schedules (or even how the lighting on the various floors was controlled) to know if this would be an issue or not.  That doesn't have a whole lot to do with the issue of whether Baker and Truly would have had a problem seeing where they were going in the stairway during the day if the power had been out during that time.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #78 on: February 27, 2018, 10:56:20 PM »

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #79 on: February 27, 2018, 11:58:09 PM »
Gotcha.  Those are reasonable questions.  I don't know enough about the TSBD building work schedules (or even how the lighting on the various floors was controlled) to know if this would be an issue or not.  That doesn't have a whole lot to do with the issue of whether Baker and Truly would have had a problem seeing where they were going in the stairway during the day if the power had been out during that time.

The  warehouse staff worked till at least 4:45 and in winter on a dark overcast day I wouldn't want to be relying on any outside lighting.

Mr. BELIN. What were his hours of work to be?
Mr. TRULY. His hours were from 8 in the morning until 4:45 in the afternoon. His lunch period was from 12 to 12:45.

As for the light switch I don't know what this controlled but it appears to be a light switch and its location is close to where you enter this floor.

As for the stairwells being fully enclosed, I don't think they are.

In this clip from Ruby & Oswald which was filmed in the actual TSBD it suddenly dawned on me that there is no door leading up to the 2nd floor, and blah blah blah I know it's a decade later and according to you probably irrelevant, but nonetheless let's see where this goes.

The 6th floor stairwell leading down appears to have no door.

From these angles photographed not long after we see the 2nd floor stairwell going down also appears to have no door and what is also visible is a different type of light fixture that presumably lights up the sign and the stairs leading down to the first landing.

JohnM

« Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 12:07:36 AM by John Mytton »