Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Power cut important clarification required  (Read 32407 times)

Offline John Iacoletti

Re: Power cut important clarification required
« Reply #104 on: March 03, 2018, 12:03:40 AM »
Advertisement
Again, the power used by the Ford sign that was in place in 1953 is not particularly relevant to the Hertz sign.  But do you think it worked on batteries?  If not, then there was electrical power that came through the TSBD.  Walt and John disputed that point with no evidence whatsoever.

Wrong Richard.  You said it was necessarily tied to the building's power with no evidence whatsoever.  That's what I disputed.

The sign was atop the TSBD.  How do you think the electricity got there?

Straight from a pole to its own meter.  Do you think the TSBD wanted to pay Hertz's electric bill?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #104 on: March 03, 2018, 12:03:40 AM »

Online Royell Storing

« Reply #105 on: March 03, 2018, 03:19:23 PM »

Why on Earth would the TSBD who is: (1) Paying Minimum Wage to its' employees, and (2) Renting out office space to generate income,  PAY/$$$ for the electricity to light that Massive Power Sucking Hertz Sign?

Offline Chris Douglas

« Reply #106 on: March 03, 2018, 05:29:24 PM »
At the very least Hertz rented the space from the TSBD, making it likely that Hertz paid the actual electric bill.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #106 on: March 03, 2018, 05:29:24 PM »

Online Royell Storing

« Reply #107 on: March 03, 2018, 05:40:14 PM »
At the very least Hertz rented the space from the TSBD, making it likely that Hertz paid the actual electric bill.

What do you wanna bet that the Monthly Rental Space for the Hertz Sign was LESS than the Monthly Electric Bill ???

Offline Chris Douglas

« Reply #108 on: March 03, 2018, 05:55:26 PM »

What do you wanna bet that the Monthly Rental Space for the Hertz Sign was LESS than the Monthly Electric Bill ???

I honestly wouldn't know. But after reading what it took/takes to light the sign up, it wouldn't surprise me if the bill to light it was substantially higher.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #108 on: March 03, 2018, 05:55:26 PM »

Offline Tim Nickerson

« Reply #109 on: March 04, 2018, 01:42:13 AM »
Really Tim,

When a similar sign by Ford used so much power that it could light up an entire city block?

You think that's plausible? Did you read what Tom Scully wrote in another thread?

I'm not sure why Tom posted it in another thread, but what he says makes a lot more sense than the notion that the sign would simply be plugged into the regular power supply of the TSBD. But no doubt, you'll disagree, right?

I do think it's plausible, yes. That's not to say that Tom's scenario is not also plausible. I'm only going by my own experience. I believe that the sign would have been powered off of the TSBD supply. It would have had a meter in-line to measure it's usage. In the facility where I'm currently employed, we used to have five electrical meters that we took the readings from at the end of every month. There's now only three. A 120 volt meter and a 600 Volt meter were removed. If I'm on shift at the time, I take the readings from the three remaining meters. Two of the three are for units attached to our building but not considered part of it. They get their power from us and we charge them for it. The third is for one of our own pieces of equipment. It uses a lot of power and they want to keep track of just how much.

Offline Tim Nickerson

« Reply #110 on: March 04, 2018, 01:45:28 AM »
The same goes for water usage for one of the attached units. We have a meter that records their usage.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #110 on: March 04, 2018, 01:45:28 AM »

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #111 on: March 05, 2018, 02:54:54 PM »
Wrong Richard.  You said it was necessarily tied to the building's power with no evidence whatsoever.  That's what I disputed.

Straight from a pole to its own meter.  Do you think the TSBD wanted to pay Hertz's electric bill?

Of course the TSBD would not want to pay the Hertz electric bill.  But that adds absolutely no support to your implication that the sign had an independent power source.  Talk about an assumption. Hertz could have contracted to pay the TSBD owner whatever the estimated monthly electrical cost of the sign.  Look this is easy.  Whether the sign had an independent link to power or received its power via the same source as the TSBD, the power to both would have gone off if there was an external power outage to that location.  I believe that is exactly what Tom concluded. Like the power going off to a city block.  Can you compute that fact? 

Now if we are narrowing things down to someone pulling a circuit switch inside the building, then of course it would be possible to cut the power to specific parts of the building without turning the sign off.  In that situation, we are left to look to the specific facts to reach a conclusion.  For example, if the claim is that the power was cut to specific elevators, we have multiple examples of those same elevators being in operation in the same time frame.  Baker and Truly take the freight elevator.  A freight elevator comes down to the first floor because we know Mooney takes it from the first floor to the second floor etc.  Once the freight elevator reaches the second floor and those who work in the building get out, Mooney can no longer operate it.  He attributes this to a power outage but it is just as plausible that he simply can't figure out the quirks of this elevator once those who work in the building exit.  It is not a normal passenger elevator that entails just pushing a button.  It is an old freight elevator in a warehouse.  But the outage premise becomes even more absurd if attributed to some type of planned conspiracy event which must entail a conspirator hanging around in the TSBD long after the DPD have entered the building search for the assassin.  This person would be manipulating the internal circuit boxes at great risk for no apparent reason instead of doing the logical thing and making tracks.  It just doesn't add up as part of a conspiracy narrative.  If you are not alleging the power outage was part of any planned conspiracy, then it doesn't matter much whether it happened or not.  If you want to entertain this as a random outage that had no direct connection to the assassination, then it is unimportant except as a matter of historical curiosity.