Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: The Dale Myers Blog  (Read 10074 times)

Offline Jerry Freeman

Re: The Dale Myers Blog
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2020, 06:12:44 AM »
Advertisement

You are ignoring the common problems with people’s memories. The most probable explanation is that the actual order of events in time are:
[Joe Elliot makes up his own order of events in spite of Johnny Brewer's testimony and his later in life of even polishing the yarn even more.]
Dealey Plaza was, by road, just within 3 miles of the Texas Theater, and the shoe store. Plenty close enough to rise the suspicions of a casual witness to anyone acting suspiciously just over an hour after the Dealey Plaza shooting.
Then by that token--- between the Oswald room and the Tippit shooting there should have been at least someone else who saw a fugitive acting suspiciously.
If there is one lesson a student of this event should know, and there is no excuse for not knowing
Can someone else interpret that?

Of course, some CTers hate the true heroes because they besmirch the reputation of their true hero, Oswald.
A really unnecessarily callus statement...showing the type of maturity Dale Myers spoke of...

Forum trolls---- Discussions that begin innocently enough; then quickly disintegrate into...[whatever]those forums are a colossal waste of time.

Mr Elliot: who were the people with Brewer in the shoe store?***
Also, the radio broadcast story is patently false, but still promulgated by Mr Brewer.
At 1:30 CST the entire planet was waiting to hear news of the presidents condition...6 minutes later the public announcement came on all radio stations. 
It was yet another 20 minutes before the policeman was announced shot and a while later after that before he was reported killed.
A link here***Elliot doesn't seem to care anyway-------------------
https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=16235&search=two_men+from+IBM+JCB#relPageId=9&tab=page
« Last Edit: July 26, 2020, 06:18:44 AM by Jerry Freeman »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2020, 06:12:44 AM »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2020, 06:17:34 AM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2020, 06:28:00 AM »
What a raging hypocrite. Myers is one of the worst offenders of namecalling to anyone who dares to question one of his pronouncements.

Recently on Facebook, Myers claimed that the Seaport Traders order was received on March 13. When I asked him to substantiate that, he cited Michaelis’s testimony. When I pointed out that *nowhere* does Michaelis say that, he just doubled down and insisted that he was right.

So, you’re right, Joe. Myers has nothing to learn. Like most of his fellow evangelists, he thinks he has all the answers already.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2020, 06:36:36 AM by John Iacoletti »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2020, 06:28:00 AM »

Offline Joe Elliott

« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2020, 08:27:48 AM »

Mr Elliot: who were the people with Brewer in the shoe store?
Also, the radio broadcast story is patently false, but still promulgated by Mr Brewer.

Mr. Tonkowhich

I don’t know if anyone else was in the shoe store. Mr. Freeman brought up the question but did not provide any answer. Go ask him.

Lots of stories that people tell are false. Often because people’s memories are unreliable.

And what motive does Mr. Brewer have to lie and say he was alert because he heard a policeman was shot when he could have said he was alert because he heard the President was shot?

Offline Joe Elliott

« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2020, 09:48:52 AM »

[Joe Elliot makes up his own order of events in spite of Johnny Brewer's testimony and his later in life of even polishing the yarn even more.]

Making up my own order of events? Aren’t we all in agreement that the following events happened in the following order: 1. Brewer hears that the President had been shot. 2. Brewer sees Oswald duck into his store. 3. Brewer sees Oswald duck into a theater. 4. Brewer hears that a police officer had been shot?

Am I “making up a scenario”? That Mr. Brewer confused the announcement about the President with the announcement about Officer Tippit. Yes. As are you, that he must have been lying.

You push the notion that when Mr. Brewer said he heard over the radio that a policeman was shot, he was lying.

I, on the other hand, am suggesting that he was mistaken. Because witnesses are often mistaken.

Why is one hypothesis “speculating” while another isn’t?

You never seem to have even considered the hypothesis that Mr. Brewer might have been mistaken. You should have at least brought up that possibility and state the reasons why you reject that hypothesis. By failing to do so, you give the impression that you don’t consider obvious alternatives, until they are pointed out to you.

Could I be wrong? Yes. But why would Mr. Brewer lie? Surely, he must have heard over the radio that the President had been shot. Does his saying he heard a policeman was shot, and that was why noticed that Oswald ducking into buildings make him sound more heroic than to say it was the announcement about the President that made him more alert?

Then by that token--- between the Oswald room and the Tippit shooting there should have been at least someone else who saw a fugitive acting suspiciously.

I don’t think there were any police cars with sirens on driving pass Oswald until after the Officer Tippit shooting. So, I don’t know why he would be ducking into buildings between his boarding house and the Officer Tippit shooting site.

If there is one lesson a student of this event should know, and there is no excuse for not knowing
Can someone else interpret that?

You truncated my statement to make it seem incoherent. It would be like I quoted you as saying “Can someone else that?” instead of “Can someone else interpret that?”.

Let’s look at my original sentence.

If there is one lesson a student of this event should know, and there is no excuse for not knowing, is how unreliable witness’s memories are. You can’t just lump all witness’s who remember some detail wrong as liars, members of the conspiracy to murder or cover up the murder of the President.

Let me explain this so that maybe even you can understand. There is one thing that everyone should be able to figure out. It is that witness’s memories are unreliable. We know this because so many of the Dealey Plaza witnesses disagree with each other. There is no other reasonable explanation. I guess one can say that a lot of witnesses lied just for the hell of it, but I don’t see how that speculation is more likely to be true. We should expect this to be true of witnesses at Dealey Plaza. And of witnesses elsewhere, like in a shoe store. People’s memories are just unreliable.

Of course, some CTers hate the true heroes because they besmirch the reputation of their true hero, Oswald.
A really unnecessarily callus statement...showing the type of maturity Dale Myers spoke of...

More callus than calling Mr. Brewer a liar without at least bringing up the possibility that he remembered some of the details wrong, just like many other witnesses?

At 1:30 CST the entire planet was waiting to hear news of the presidents condition...6 minutes later the public announcement came on all radio stations. 
It was yet another 20 minutes before the policeman was announced shot and a while later after that before he was reported killed.

Not the entire planet. Oswald wasn’t.

Yes, but how does all this tell us that Mr. Brewer’s false statement made three months later was a lie and not an honest mistake. And what would be the reason for him to lie?

If one believes that three shots were actually fired, how does a witness statement that only two shots were fired make him a liar? How do we know the witness couldn’t have been mistaken?

A link here***Elliot doesn't seem to care anyway-------------------
https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=16235&search=two_men+from+IBM+JCB#relPageId=9&tab=page

If a memory can be mistaken after 3 months, it can even more likely to be mistaken after 30 years. None of us helps us determine if Mr. Brewer was lying or mistaken.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2020, 10:19:21 AM by Joe Elliott »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2020, 09:48:52 AM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2020, 03:41:29 PM »
1) Brewer hears Kennedy has been shot
2) Brewer hears that a patrolman has been shot
3) Brewer hears sirens
4) Brewer sees a man duck into his lobby

What would you do if you were in Brewer's shoes?

;)
« Last Edit: July 26, 2020, 03:53:29 PM by Bill Chapman »

Offline Gerry Down

« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2020, 03:51:04 PM »
1) Brewer hears Kennedy has been shot
2) Brewer hears that a patrolman has been shot
3) Brewer hears sirens
4) Brewer sees a man duck into his lobby

Brewer has nothing to lie about: Ask yourself: What would you do if you were in Brewer's shoes?

;)

I'd say Brewer had a police radio. In other words, illegally listening in on police communications. Lots of peopel do this.

That was the "radio" he heard the report on that a police officer had been shot.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2020, 03:51:04 PM »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2020, 03:57:23 PM »
I'd say Brewer had a police radio. In other words, illegally listening in on police communications. Lots of peopel do this.

That was the "radio" he heard the report on that a police officer had been shot.

illegally listening in on police communications.

Not according to "Richard Smith"