Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: The Dale Myers Blog  (Read 10075 times)

Offline Joe Elliott

Re: The Dale Myers Blog
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2020, 05:02:36 PM »
Advertisement

CTers always make a big deal about motive. And motive is important. They often falsely claim that Oswald had no motive. But he did. Many people have murdered famous people. To become historically significant, maybe famous. But in some cases, being historically significant is good enough, and they don’t mind, or can’t avoid, being captured. But in some cases, they would like to escape, maybe get to a foreign country, before claiming their fame.

After murdering President Lincoln, Booth tried to escape. Before proclaiming his act, making himself a historically significant person, Booth tried to stay anonymous and escape, to get to a foreign country where he would be safe. He was deluded. The South was not about to become a foreign country. It was about to surrender. If by some miracle he makes it to Mexico, with a broken leg, there is no hope there. No country in the world was going to harbor the murderer of President Lincoln.

So, there is historical precedent for someone to murder a President, to stay hidden, to stay anonymous, at least until they get over the border.

But now, its time for CTers to step up. To show that they are logically consistent. And answer the question: What is the motive for Mr. Brewer to lie?

He could give Statement 1:

I heard that the President was shot. This made me extra alert. So, when I saw a man act suspiciously and sneak first into my shoe store, as police cars with sirens approached, and then a couple of minutes later sneak into a theater, again, as police cars with sirens approached, I decided to check this out.

Or he could give Statement 2:

I heard that a police officer was shot. This made me extra alert. So, when I saw a man act suspiciously and sneak first into my shoe store, as police cars with sirens approached, and then a couple of minutes later sneak into a theater, again, as police cars with sirens approached, I decided to check this out.

Question 1:

What is Mr. Brewer’s motive for lying? How does Statement 2 serve him better than Statement 1?

My guess is that, as usual, CTers will dodge this question.

If there is no motive, then the logical conclusion is that Mr. Brewer was not lying. That he mis-remembered a detail, like so many of our other witnesses.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2020, 05:02:36 PM »

Offline John Tonkovich

« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2020, 05:20:35 PM »
Mr. Tonkowhich

I don’t know if anyone else was in the shoe store. Mr. Freeman brought up the question but did not provide any answer. Go ask him.

Lots of stories that people tell are false. Often because people’s memories are unreliable.

And what motive does Mr. Brewer have to lie and say he was alert because he heard a policeman was shot when he could have said he was alert because he heard the President was shot?
Mr. Elliot: it's Tonkovich

Who were the other  people in the show store?
The FBI made no effort to identify them?
As to Mr. Brewer's motivation? That's what we're trying to find out.
He heard nothing on the radio about the Tippit shooting. Because there had been no such broadcast at that time.  Who cares about the falsehoods in his testimony?
Why was he suspicious of Oswald? Why play junior G-man?

Offline Joe Elliott

« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2020, 05:48:17 PM »

Mr. Elliot: it's Tonkovich

Mr. Tonkovich: It’s Elliott. With two ‘l’s and two ‘t’s.

What other people? Do we have any record of other people in the store at that time, besides Mr. Brewer and Oswald?

I assume Mr. Brewer probably took a few seconds to lock up his shop before following Oswald into the theater. Did he lock up some other people in his shop over the next few minutes while he did this?

As to Mr. Brewer's motivation? That's what we're trying to find out.

No. That is what you have not been able to figure out. You can’t even think of a possible motive for Mr. Brewer to lie.

He heard nothing on the radio about the Tippit shooting. Because there had been no such broadcast at that time.  Who cares about the falsehoods in his testimony?

I don’t care about false testimony. I don’t care about a witness saying there was only two shots fired at Dealey Plaza. I don’t care about a witness saying the limousine stopped when we know from the film evidence that this statement is false. I only care if someone can provide some sort of motive for the lie. If that can be done, then maybe the false testimony is a lie, not a false memory. But until someone can come up with a plausible motive, I’m going to chalk it up to the usual “false memories” problem which is so common with witnesses.

You can briefly check out the following website on “false memories”:

http://www.scholarpedia.org/article/False_memory#:~:text=False%20memory%20refers%20to%20cases,memory%20in%20question%20is%20wrong.

Why was he suspicious of Oswald? Why play junior G-man?

He saw Oswald duck into his store and then duck into a theater within a couple of minutes. Both times with police cars approaching with sirens.

Lot’s of people played junior G-man. We had a car salesman pursue Oswald just after Officer Tippit was shot. We have a mob of people who, went they saw a lot of police cars converge on the Texas theater, assume it had something to do with the assassination. One man wanted the police to allow him to enter the theater and search with a shotgun. There is nothing unusual about Mr. Brewer’s actions. Many others were acting as “junior G-men’.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2020, 05:48:17 PM »

Offline John Tonkovich

« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2020, 06:01:02 PM »
Mr. Elliott:
Mr Brewer mentioned that there other people in the store. IBM employees.
"We were listening to the transistor radio...".

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2020, 07:58:07 PM »
Mr. Tonkovich: It’s Elliott. With two ‘l’s and two ‘t’s.

What other people? Do we have any record of other people in the store at that time, besides Mr. Brewer and Oswald?

I assume Mr. Brewer probably took a few seconds to lock up his shop before following Oswald into the theater. Did he lock up some other people in his shop over the next few minutes while he did this?

No. That is what you have not been able to figure out. You can’t even think of a possible motive for Mr. Brewer to lie.

I don’t care about false testimony. I don’t care about a witness saying there was only two shots fired at Dealey Plaza. I don’t care about a witness saying the limousine stopped when we know from the film evidence that this statement is false. I only care if someone can provide some sort of motive for the lie. If that can be done, then maybe the false testimony is a lie, not a false memory. But until someone can come up with a plausible motive, I’m going to chalk it up to the usual “false memories” problem which is so common with witnesses.

You can briefly check out the following website on “false memories”:

http://www.scholarpedia.org/article/False_memory#:~:text=False%20memory%20refers%20to%20cases,memory%20in%20question%20is%20wrong.

He saw Oswald duck into his store and then duck into a theater within a couple of minutes. Both times with police cars approaching with sirens.

Lot’s of people played junior G-man. We had a car salesman pursue Oswald just after Officer Tippit was shot. We have a mob of people who, went they saw a lot of police cars converge on the Texas theater, assume it had something to do with the assassination. One man wanted the police to allow him to enter the theater and search with a shotgun. There is nothing unusual about Mr. Brewer’s actions. Many others were acting as “junior G-men’.

'He saw Oswald duck into his store and then duck into a theater'

A kind of 'duckduckgo'
(Techies will get it)

And I've asked people before to tell us what they would do if they were in Brewer's shoes.

;)
« Last Edit: July 26, 2020, 08:06:13 PM by Bill Chapman »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2020, 07:58:07 PM »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2020, 09:11:22 PM »
Mr. Tonkowhich I don’t know if anyone else was in the shoe store. Mr. Freeman brought up the question but did not provide any answer. Go ask him.
The answer was provided in reply # 9. I suppose links that are provided are just glanced at [if that much] Stop deliberately mis-spelling names.

Offline Joe Elliott

« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2020, 11:39:03 PM »

The answer was provided in reply # 9. I suppose links that are provided are just glanced at [if that much]

Mr. Elliott:
Mr Brewer mentioned that there other people in the store. IBM employees.
"We were listening to the transistor radio...".

Mr Brewer mentioned that there other people in the store? IBM employees. Ah. Mr. Brewer mentioned that there were other people in the store, who were IBM employees. Now I understand.

I’m not interested in 30-year-old memories. CTers are so desperate to discredit Mr. Brewer that they don’t stick to the most reliable (but not infallible) memories of 3 months after the event, but go to statements made 30 years after the event. I wish CTers would be more honest, and state up front, that they are commenting on statements made 30 years after the event and not sticking to the earliest testimony, which is available. If Mr. Brewer goes to a nursing home, I suspect they will try to get more statements from him and bring them up on this forum.

But, ok, let’s look at the 30-year-old memories. He recalls two friends from IBM visiting the store. The president had just been assassinated, but they decided not to watch events on TV but decided to listen on the radio down at the shoe shop with their friend. This sounds unlikely. So, I suspect it is a false memory. He didn’t recall them being there in 1964 but in 1994 he does. It sounds like a false memory. The kind honest (and dishonest) people generate all the time over the years.

And again, the question you always keep avoiding. Both Mr. Freeman and Mr. Tonkovich.

Question 1:

What is Mr. Brewer’s motive for lying?

Does it make him sound more heroic that he was chatting with two friends from IBM during the hour he helped track down Oswald? More heroic that it was the announcement of a shooting of a police officer and not that of the President that made him more alert and caused him to focus on Oswald? I don’t see how.

I have to agree with you on this point. The failure of the FBI to even try to identify these witnesses is inexcusable. Any competent investigating body would have hired a psychic who would have informed them that thirty years later, the Mr. Brewer would remember a couple of other witnesses who were with him. And this would have allowed them to check Mr. Brewer’s story. And if they re-interview the witnesses 30 years later, they may have discovered that the three of them were listening to John Denver singing “Country Roads” over the radio when Oswald ducked into the store.

Stop deliberately mis-spelling names.

Mr. Tonkovich misspelled my name. Its ok for CTers to misspell LNers names but not vice versa.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2020, 11:43:46 PM by Joe Elliott »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2020, 11:39:03 PM »

Offline Joe Elliott

« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2020, 11:53:34 PM »

'He saw Oswald duck into his store and then duck into a theater'

A kind of 'duckduckgo'
(Techies will get it)

And I've asked people before to tell us what they would do if they were in Brewer's shoes.

;)

I don’t know what other people do when they suddenly find themselves in someone else’s shoes but I find it best to change shoes immediately, because they are either too tight or too loose. Plus, there is an old Twilight Zone program called “Dead Man’s Shoes” which shows what can happen if you don’t follow this advice.

Its obvious what Mr. Brewer should have done. Write down, as soon as possible, with all the details, everything that happened from the time he first saw Oswald to the time Oswald was taken out of his sight in the theater. That way, he could avoid (maybe) being called a liar down through the years. You’re are taking a chance if you don’t do this and just rely on memory.

And most importantly of all, take the time to pick out for himself some steel toed boots before leaving the shop so he can really kick Oswald in the butt when he finds him. Now that would have been heroic.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2020, 12:11:35 AM by Joe Elliott »