Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: DiEugenio Says Nobody Should Read This Article About Oliver Stone's "JFK" ...  (Read 3461 times)

Offline Michael T. Griffith

Re: DiEugenio Says Nobody Should Read This Article About Oliver Stone's "JFK" ...
« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2020, 08:09:53 PM »
Advertisement
Oliver Stone's JFK could and should have been much more accurate. The movie gets a lot of things right, but it gets a lot of things wrong. Its general thrust is certainly correct, but many--not all, but many--of its supporting details are wrong. It is most unfortunate that Stone chose to trust people such as Fletcher Prouty. Dr. David Wrone tried to tell Stone that the script contained numerous factual errors that could be corrected without reducing the movie's power and thrust, but many of the errors that Wrone identified in the script were never fixed.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2020, 08:10:35 PM by Michael T. Griffith »

JFK Assassination Forum

Re: DiEugenio Says Nobody Should Read This Article About Oliver Stone's "JFK" ...
« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2020, 08:09:53 PM »

Offline Michael T. Griffith

« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2020, 12:57:39 AM »
It is very ironic that Oliver Stone's movie JFK was the reason I became interested in the JFK assassination. At the time, I was even more conservative than I am now. I had no use for JFK. I had even less use for Oliver Stone's politics. I could not have cared less that JFK had been assassinated. I believed that Oswald shot JFK and that Oswald was a Soviet agent (because Reader's Digest told me so). I viewed JFK conspiracy theorists as left-wing extremists.

When I saw the movie JFK, I thought to myself, "Even if JFK was a rotten president, we can't have elements in the government executing a president because they don't like his politics."

Of course, later I learned that JFK was not the left-winger that I had been led to believe he was.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2020, 12:58:40 AM by Michael T. Griffith »

Offline Gerry Down

« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2020, 01:26:17 AM »
It is very ironic that Oliver Stone's movie JFK was the reason I became interested in the JFK assassination. At the time, I was even more conservative than I am now. I had no use for JFK. I had even less use for Oliver Stone's politics. I could not have cared less that JFK had been assassinated. I believed that Oswald shot JFK and that Oswald was a Soviet agent (because Reader's Digest told me so). I viewed JFK conspiracy theorists as left-wing extremists.

When I saw the movie JFK, I thought to myself, "Even if JFK was a rotten president, we can't have elements in the government executing a president because they don't like his politics."

Of course, later I learned that JFK was not the left-winger that I had been led to believe he was.

There seems to be conspiracy theorists on both side. The left say rich oil men killed Kennedy and the right say the marxist Castro killed Kennedy.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2020, 01:26:17 AM »