Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Trump supporters and conspiracy theory - Part 2  (Read 295878 times)

Offline Paul May

Re: Trump supporters and conspiracy theory - Part 2
« Reply #384 on: July 20, 2020, 03:16:08 PM »
Advertisement
The US should have been uniquely prepared for the coronavirus pandemic — but Trump failed every test: analysis

Travis Gettys

The coronavirus pandemic has spun out of control in the United States — which should have been uniquely prepared to face the deadly infection.

A comprehensive review ranked the pandemic preparedness of 195 countries in October, and the Global Health Security Index Johns Hopkins Center for Health Security and the Nuclear Threat Initiative ranked the U.S. at No. 1 with an 83.5 score on a scale of 100, reported the Washington Post.

“I just never expected that we would have such a lack of federal leadership, and it’s been deliberate,” said Beth Cameron, who helped lead the review for the Nuclear Threat Initiative.

Cameron helped write a pandemic response plan under President Barack Obama while serving as senior director for global health security and biodefense on the White House National Security Council — which was disbanded after President Donald Trump took office.

“In a national emergency that is a pandemic, spreading between states, federal leadership is essential,” Cameron said, “and if there was any doubt about that, we ran that experiment from March and April until now. It failed. So we have to run a different experiment.”

The U.S. has made almost every mistake possible since the pandemic arrived, but experts say the biggest miscalculation was the decision by some governors to throw open the doors to their economy while the virus was still spreading at high rates.

“We didn’t have the stick-to-itiveness, the determination, to carry through what we started in March, April and May, and now the virus is taking advantage of that,” said Francis Collins, director of the National Institutes of Health.

“If we’d had really strong guidance from local, state and national leaders, maybe we could have sustained the determination to get the curve all the way down to zero,” Collins added. “Now, we’re on the upswing, and I don’t quite see the top of the upswing yet.”

The shutdowns of March and April effectively crushed the pandemic in most parts of the country, but that success gave many Americans the perception that the virus was less contagious and fearsome as they’d been warned.

“We just let our guard down,” said Ohio’s Republican Gov. Mike DeWine. “Some people when they heard, ‘Hey, Ohio’s open,’ what they mentally processed is, ‘It’s safe. We can go out and do whatever we want to. It’s back to normal.’”

The virus has been smoldering in Ohio for two months, but DeWine now fears those embers will burst into runaway transmission like what happened in Florida.

“Florida a month ago is where Ohio is today,” DeWine said. “If we don’t want to be Florida, we’ve got to change what we’re doing. Everybody’s got to mask up.”

But masks have become a controversial political issue, and that has undermined efforts to restart the economy.

“If you could have written a prescription four months ago, a manual — ‘This is what you must do to deal with a virus’ — and if people could just follow the manual, we would be over this, like other countries are over it,” said New York’s Democratic Gov. Andrew Cuomo. “I think it exposed a fundamental weakness in this country. We have a divided country.”

“It was science denial meets government incompetence,” Cuomo added.

Those divisions fall at the feet of the president, historians say.

“You look at the Great Depression and how Roosevelt made a concerted effort to unite the country — the fireside chats, the New Deal,” said James Grossman, executive director of the American Historical Association. “That is the instinctive reaction of almost every president in crisis. Even if you don’t succeed, you try to convince people that they’re all in this together. This presidency is the exception and anomaly.”

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #384 on: July 20, 2020, 03:16:08 PM »

Offline Paul May

« Reply #385 on: July 20, 2020, 04:05:42 PM »
A staggering 51.3 million Americans have filed for unemployment over the past 17 weeks during the pandemic. Think about that.

Offline John Tonkovich

« Reply #386 on: July 20, 2020, 04:32:12 PM »
Mr. Griffiths:
The U.S. deaths are at 143,000, as of today, July 20th. As Mr. Crow posited, a week ago, U.S. deaths will be at 150,000 by month's end. Deaths, hospitalizations and cases continue to rise.
Texas, Georgia, Florida and California are the worst hit states, I believe. ( Please correct me if I am wrong.)
Your attempts at "minimization" - aka "what aboutism" - are rather transparent, and insult the dead.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #386 on: July 20, 2020, 04:32:12 PM »

Online Royell Storing

« Reply #387 on: July 20, 2020, 04:41:50 PM »
  You HATERS need to hold your water with regard to the Corona Positive Tests numbers. We are beginning to get some solid numbers via MLB players that are returning to action after having Tested Positive for Corona. At least 1/3 of these MLB'ers that tested Positive are being labeled Asymptomatic. They NEVER felt sick/NEVER had Any symptoms what-so-ever on Any Day/At Any Time. This 1/3+ is a HUGE Number. On top of that, in order to rejoin their team, a player that tests Positive for Corona needs 2 Consecutive NEGATIVE Tests with a day off/lag day in between the 2 Negative tests. Many of these returning MLB Players are chronicling having registered a Negative Test followed by a Positive Test followed by a Negative Test...etc. Could be issues with the Tests being administered across this country. Also, like the flu, there may be Many Strains of Corona. Some Corona Strains being far more severe than others + the general physical health/age of the patient involved. The Positive Numbers currently being registered could be impacted by a simple case of Bad Tests/Testing. You notice we are Never given Asymptomatic Numbers regarding individuals that test positive? A Large number/% of Asymptomatic patients would make the general public wonder what is going on. Again, this is ALL New. Nobody, including Fauci and Birx Know with certainty what we are currently enduring.

Offline Paul May

« Reply #388 on: July 20, 2020, 04:50:39 PM »
Why is Trump dead in the water? Joe Biden is not widely loved, but he’s significantly less loathed than Trump. Political scientist Michael Tesler notes that you can see the gap even among the two candidates’ supporters: 80 percent of Biden supporters have a very unfavorable view of Trump, while only 53 percent of Trump supporters have a very unfavorable view of Biden.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #388 on: July 20, 2020, 04:50:39 PM »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #389 on: July 20, 2020, 04:56:46 PM »
  You HATERS need to hold your water with regard to the Corona Positive Tests numbers. We are beginning to get some solid numbers via MLB players that are returning to action after having Tested Positive for Corona. At least 1/3 of these MLB'ers that tested Positive are being labeled Asymptomatic. They NEVER felt sick/NEVER had Any symptoms what-so-ever on Any Day/At Any Time. This 1/3+ is a HUGE Number. On top of that, in order to rejoin their team, a player that tests Positive for Corona needs 2 Consecutive NEGATIVE Tests with a day off/lag day in between the 2 Negative tests. Many of these returning MLB Players are chronicling having registered a Negative Test followed by a Positive Test followed by a Negative Test...etc. Could be issues with the Tests being administered across this country. Also, like the flu, there may be Many Strains of Corona. Some Corona Strains being far more severe than others + the general physical health/age of the patient involved. The Positive Numbers currently being registered could be impacted by a simple case of Bad Tests/Testing. You notice we are Never given Asymptomatic Numbers regarding individuals that test positive? A Large number/% of Asymptomatic patients would make the general public wonder what is going on. Again, this is ALL New. Nobody, including Fauci and Birx Know with certainty what we are currently enduring.

Who gives a damn about test results? The more people that test negative or asymtomatic the better, but that's not the problem. The problem is the selfish creeps who refuse to wear masks and might be infecting other people. The only way to stop that from happening is to take restrictive measures. For the Republicans it's a matter of money over people's health. That's what it comes down to.

I say screw the money. If I ultimately lose my business because of covid-19, so be it. I can always start a new business later or make money in one way or the other. It might not be pleasant or easy to do, but it's a hell of a lot better than the alternative, because what I can never start again once I lost it is my life!
« Last Edit: July 20, 2020, 05:00:19 PM by Martin Weidmann »

Online Royell Storing

« Reply #390 on: July 20, 2020, 05:00:44 PM »

Let me know when You see any "Asymptomatic" numbers posted.
  What kinda business you got on that Spanish Island out in the Mediterranean? Selling Coconuts?   HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #390 on: July 20, 2020, 05:00:44 PM »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #391 on: July 20, 2020, 05:10:10 PM »
  Let me know when You see any "Asymptomatic" numbers posted.
  What kinda business you got on that Spanish Island out in the Mediterranean? Selling Coconuts?   HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

You think there are coconuts on Spanish Islands? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA That just shows how little you really know!

And who said anything about me having a business on a Spanish Islands?.... You really are clueless....