Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Trump supporters and conspiracy theory - Part 2  (Read 290672 times)

Offline Rick Plant

Re: Trump supporters and conspiracy theory - Part 2
« Reply #5744 on: August 18, 2022, 06:44:29 PM »
Advertisement
Morning Joe calls out GOP senators for provoking the next Timothy McVeigh with lies about IRS agents

MSNBC's Joe Scarborough blasted Republican lawmakers for putting a target on IRS agents' backs with incendiary rhetoric.

The recently passed Inflation Reduction Act allocates nearly $80 billion to the Internal Revenue Service, and some leading Republicans have spread false claims that 87,000 armed agents will be hired target middle-class taxpayers -- and the "Morning Joe" host called out their lies as dangerous.

"If you are an IRS agent, you're far less safe today than you were a couple days ago," Scarborough said. "[Sen.] Chuck Grassley went on 'Fox and Friends' and suggested IRS agents would come with AR-15s loaded to people's homes in Iowa. It's extraordinarily reckless. Kevin McCarthy, the head of the Republican Party in the House, is saying the same thing, spreading the conspiracy theories."

"This is -- you know, this sort of talk is what led to Oklahoma City," Scarborough added. "It's what led to Timothy McVeigh. After it happens, it's too late to pull back and say, 'Oh, let's be responsible,' after it happens."

Scarborough said that sort of talk had already motivated an Ohio man to attack an FBI field office near Cincinnati, which led to his fatal shooting hours later by police, in response to the search warrant executed at Donald Trump's private Mar-A-Lago resort.

"This is, again, this is what we were warming about the inflammatory rhetoric about the search, the legal search," Scarborough said. "We kept warning. Sure enough, a guy tries to break into an FBI office, field office in Ohio, break through the glass with a nail gun, shatter the glass, then go in and slaughter FBI agents with his AR-15. It's too late, Republicans, after the next Oklahoma City happens. That's why I had said, Chuck Grassley, I mean, somebody, maybe Mitch [McConnell] can't say something to Chuck Grassley about this, but somebody in the Republican Party needs to pull back on this, just like Mike Pence pulled back on the radical, reckless talk regarding FBI agents and defunding the FBI and calling them the gestapo."

"Again, I've just got to say this, this doesn't happen just online, contained online with some crackpots," he added. "I've got mainstream Americans, two in the same day, talking about civil war and revolution and overthrowing the U.S. government because IRS agents are coming to their house with AR-15s. i mean, this is the stakes."

Watch the video below:

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #5744 on: August 18, 2022, 06:44:29 PM »

Offline Rick Plant

« Reply #5745 on: August 18, 2022, 09:48:32 PM »
Manhattan DA may have ‘the sleeper case’ against Trump after CFO’s guilty plea: fraud prosecutor

The lead prosecutor for special counsel Robert Muller's investigation offered an analysis on MSNBC after Trump Organization executive Allen Weisselberg pleaded guilty to fifteen charges on Thursday as part of a plea agreement that will result in a five-month sentence to Rikers Island Prison Complex.

MSNBC's Katy Tur interviewed NYU Law professor Andrew Weissmann, who served as chief of the fraud section at the Department of Justice prior to his appointment to Mueller's team. He had also previously served as general counsel for the FBI.

Weissmann noted Georgetown Law professor Paul Butler had listed the state and federal investigations Trump is known to be facing.

Weissmann said, "I think the sleeper case here is the Manhattan D.A.'s office. You know, I think that it isn't getting enough attention and there are a lot of telltale signs in that case that the Manhattan D.A.'s office is not done with Weisselberg or Donald Trump in the way that it's particularly crafted."

Tur asked Weissmann to, "expand on why you think that this is so intriguing."

Weissmann noted that Weisselberg will have to testify at the Oct. 24th trial of the Trump Organization.

"It seems very, very hard to testify truthfully in that case and not implicate Donald Trump," the former prosecutor explained. "We're not talking about a huge company like Exxon or JPMorgan, we're talking about a small family-owned company and the scheme was so rampant with signatures by Donald Trump himself, I think that he has very reputable lawyers who are going to tell him if you want your five-month deal, you have to be truthful in front of the judge who is ultimately going to sentence you."

"So i think it would be very hard not to implicate Donald Trump," Weissmann continued. "But the second thing that I found really telling is there was no coverage provision here. And what i mean by that is a typical defendant asked the government I will plea to x, y and z but I need to know this is it, I'm not going to get charged again. So what you normally see is the defendant pleading but the government putting on the record that this covers a whole host of potential crimes. In this case what you would have expected to see is something that said that this covers any and all crimes that Allen Weisselberg may have committed as part of the Trump Organization. That was not in there."

"That is not something that — these are such good lawyers that he has, we're not dealing with sort of the run-of-the-mill people that you see in sort of Trump world, these are really first-rate lawyers — they clearly had to have asked of that," he continued. "To me, that is a tell that there is more that the Manhattan D.A.'s office has up their sleeve."

"Time will tell whether I'm right, but it is striking to me that there wasn't that coverage language," Weissmann concluded.

Watch:

Offline Rick Plant

« Reply #5746 on: August 19, 2022, 12:13:55 AM »
Kyle Griffin @kylegriffin1

Manhattan DA Alvin Bragg on the Weisselberg plea: "This plea agreement directly implicates the Trump Organization in a wide range of criminal activity and requires Weisselberg to provide invaluable testimony in the upcoming trial against the corporation."

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1560378504428093440

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #5746 on: August 19, 2022, 12:13:55 AM »

Offline Rick Plant

« Reply #5747 on: August 19, 2022, 06:01:53 AM »
'The Feds are just getting started': How Trump faces 'an entirely new situation'

On Thursday, Maggie Haberman of The New York Times took to Twitter to explain why the new FBI investigation former President Donald Trump faces is more serious than anything he's ever dealt with before — even his two impeachments.

"This is an entirely new situation," wrote Haberman. "It’s not clear where it leads, but DOJ was never going to indict a sitting president, Republicans were aligned with Trump during his first impeachment (he was out of office for the second and still most Senate Rs voted against)."

"Several Trump advisers have commented, 'we’ve been here before,'" Haberman added. "But these are different circumstances, even if the outcome is not clear."

Haberman's analysis came in response to a report from POLITICO that a key Justice Department official that the FBI investigation is just in its early stages.

"At Thursday’s proceedings, the Justice Department’s top counterintelligence official, Jay Bratt, repeatedly emphasized that the investigation into the former president’s handling of classified White House records 'is in its early stages,'" said the report. "Magistrate Judge Bruce Reinhart, who authorized the search on Aug. 5, ordered prosecutors to propose redactions to the affidavit by next week, indicating that he was skeptical of the Justice Department’s arguments to keep those documents under seal. He set a deadline of next Thursday for prosecutors to propose redactions to the affidavit. 'I’m not prepared to find the affidavit should be fully sealed,' Reinhart said."

The investigation concerns boxes of highly classified documents that the former president took with him to his Mar-a-Lago resort in Palm Beach, Florida. Among the documents the FBI searched for are reportedly some containing nuclear weapons secrets.

https://twitter.com/maggieNYT/status/1560384599288594433

Nicholas Wu @nicholaswu12

NEW- Trump demanded answers about the basis for the FBI search of his residence and calling for a swift end to the investigation. Instead, he got few new details about the probe and a piece of unwelcome news to boot: the feds are just getting started.

https://twitter.com/nicholaswu12/status/1560384069548007424

Offline Rick Plant

« Reply #5748 on: August 19, 2022, 10:47:11 AM »
Well, once again the right wing media and right wing politicians are easily proven to be the liars that they are.

These lying right wingers are telling their gullible base that "Americans are outraged" that the FBI searched Criminal Donald's Mar a Lago home for top secret classified documents.

First of all, Criminal Donald lost the election to Joe Biden in a blowout.

The majority of Americans want Criminal Donald to go to prison for his crimes.

So, why would they be "outraged" when Criminal Donald stole top secret nuclear documents that he has no business having in his possession? 

It's just another pathetic attempt by the right to prop up this criminal to their gullible right wing base.

As you can see in this poll, the majority of Americans approve of the search, the investigation, and disapprove of Criminal Donald stealing top secret classified information to illegally stash at his home.

Let's look at some reality. 55-57% of Americans are against Criminal Donald. There is no way the majority of Americans who want Criminal Donald arrested, indicted, and charged with treason are going to vote for Republicans in the 2022 midterm elections who are lying, covering up, and trying to protect Criminal Donald from his treasonous crimes. Those are the facts.

What's shameful is that 22% of MAGAs support treason.             

Notable general public support:

DOJ's MAL investigation:

55% approve
31% disapprove

DOJ's search warrant:

54% approve
36% approve

If Trump held docs on nuclear weapons, views on his actions:

22% approve
57% disapprove

Economist/YouGov
https://docs.cdn.yougov.com/jf179lebaq/eco

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #5748 on: August 19, 2022, 10:47:11 AM »

Offline Rick Plant

« Reply #5749 on: August 19, 2022, 10:56:05 AM »
All of these Trump endorsed candidates are freaks and weirdos. They believe in the QAnon conspiracy theories and pledge a loyalty oath to Trump to push his bogus election fraud lies.

The Republican Party used to stand for something but it has been taken over by these lunatics who believe in total insanity like JFK returning from the dead. These loons have no business being in government making laws that affects our lives based on their insane conspiracy theories.

Trump endorsee is not 'mentally stable' and has 'no chance' of winning: GOP governor

Republicans are set to lose control of a governor's mansion in the 2022 midterms, the state's GOP incumbent governor predicted during an interview with a local radio station.

Maryland GOP Governor Larry Hogan appeared on WGMD’s "The Talk of Delmarva" with Mike Bradley as he visited the Eastern Shore on his way to the Maryland Association of Counties Summer Conference in Ocean City.

Hogan said Trump-endorsed GOP nominee Dan Cox had “no chance whatsoever” of beating Democrat Wes Moore in November, The Washington Post reported.

“He’s not, in my opinion, mentally stable,” Hogan told Bradley.

“He wanted to hang my friend, Mike Pence, and took three busloads of people to the Capitol," Hogan said.

Hogan has previously referred to Cox as a "QAnon whackjob."

"Cox’s campaign is seen as a long shot in Maryland, where registered Democrats outnumber Republicans by a 2-to-1 margin," The Post reported. "And Hogan’s repeated attempts to paint Cox, a first-term delegate and a relative unknown across the state, as unfit to replace him will likely dampen Cox’s efforts to lure the Democratic voters and independents he would need to win."

https://www.wgmd.com/gov-larry-hogan-visits-eastern-shore-ocean-city/

Offline Rick Plant

« Reply #5750 on: August 19, 2022, 11:12:06 AM »
This is who Wyoming just voted for. Another MAGA extremist QAnon loon that worships Donald Trump as a cult leader.

Harriet Hageman

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #5750 on: August 19, 2022, 11:12:06 AM »

Offline Rick Plant

« Reply #5751 on: August 19, 2022, 11:16:28 AM »
Trump Org could be ‘extinguished’ and he could lose liability protections for his properties: tax expert

Donald Trump may lose his Trump Organization empire following the disposition of a legal case in Manhattan.

Longtime Trump Organization Chief Financial Officer Allen Weisselberg pleaded guilty on Thursday to 15 charges stemming from a tax avoidance scheme at the former president's company.

Weisselberg attorney Nicholas Gravante Jr. told The New York Times, "rather than risk the possibility of 15 years in prison, he has agreed to serve 100 days."

CNN's Erin Burnett interviewed Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist David Cay Johnston about Weisselberg agreeing to testify in the Trump Organization trial. Johnston, who has taught taxes at Syracuse Law, is one of the few journalists who has obtained parts of Trump's tax returns.

"What happens to the Trump Organization, to the real estate company here, when this is all said and done?" Burnett asked.

"Well, it's possible in this case or the Letitia James civil case, that the Trump Organization at the top will be extinguished," Johnston replied.

"Donald can still own his properties, but own them directly and the liability shield from having a corporation goes away," he explained. "So something horrible happens, his liability personally goes way up. This is bad news for him."

"Now that Weisselberg has confessed that he's a thief, a felon, a serial felon, there may be difficulty with banks and trying to get any new financing," Johnston noted.

Watch: