Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Trump supporters and conspiracy theory - Part 2  (Read 290497 times)

Offline Rick Plant

Re: Trump supporters and conspiracy theory - Part 2
« Reply #5520 on: July 09, 2022, 10:21:10 AM »
Advertisement
A far right wing conspiracy theorist admitted to being a liar but is still continuing to promote their lie. This is what the right wing media and the Republican party does to Biden all the time. They make up lies and keep pushing them to their rabid base.

Person behind viral anti-Biden tweet admits it's misinformation — but is keeping it up 'because it's Biden'

A viral tweet that falsely claimed President Joe Biden put a Medal of Honor backwards around the neck of a Vietnam veteran is staying up even though its creator acknowledges that they are spreading misinformation.

As CNN's Daniel Dale reports, the tweet in question used grainy footage of Biden awarding the veteran the Medal of Honor to falsely claim that he placed it on backwards, even though clearer footage shows that the medal was placed correctly.

"The post that generated more than 2.9 million video views was published on Twitter on Wednesday by an obscure account that has sharply criticized Biden and promoted conspiracy theories," notes Dale. "Anti-Biden commentators with six-figure followings then amplified that account's inaccurate tweet, some of them adding their own assertions about how the video supposedly demonstrated that Biden is declining."

Dale tracked down the person who made the viral tweet and they acknowledged that "it's the way the medal is and it's not backwards."

However, the person also said they would not be deleting the tweet "because it's Biden and he deserves the scrutiny."

Read More Here:

https://www.cnn.com/2022/07/08/politics/fact-check-biden-medal-of-honor-backwards/index.html

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #5520 on: July 09, 2022, 10:21:10 AM »

Offline Rick Plant

« Reply #5521 on: July 09, 2022, 11:35:08 AM »
Trump firm must provide records to Congress: court rules Mazars has 'uniquely pertinent information'

Former President Donald Trump suffered yet another defeat in court on Friday as he lost an attempt to keep his financial records from Congress.

"A federal appeals court ruled Friday that a House committee is entitled to a wide array of records on former President Donald Trump’s finances and business practices, but the court further narrowed aspects of the subpoena the Democrat-controlled House issued to Trump’s accountants in 2019," Josh Gerstein reported for Politico. "If the decision from the D.C. Circuit Court of Appeals stands, Trump’s former accounting firm Mazars will have to give the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee five years of records on potential inaccuracies in the financial statements of Trump or his business and a little more than two years of records related to the lease with the federal government for the former Trump International Hotel in Washington."

Trump could appeal to the full D.C. court of appeals or try taking his case straight to the Supreme Court.

"Mazars will also have to provide records from 2017 and 2018 on transactions between the Trump Organization and any foreign, local or state government or official," Politico reported. "Two years ago to the day from Friday’s ruling, the justices issued an opinion rejecting Trump’s sweeping claims of executive privilege but declared that lower courts did not do enough to scrutinize the House panel’s purported needs for the information and whether the subpoena was tailored to those needs."

D.C. Circuit Chief Judge Sri Srinivasan was joined by Judge Judith Rogers in the majority opinion.

“President Trump has uniquely pertinent information that cannot reasonably be obtained from any other source,” Srinivasan wrote in a 67-page opinion. “Still, the Committee’s emoluments-related objectives cannot possibly justify the breadth of documents encompassed by the subpoena. ... We thus narrow the subpoena in several respects.”

Read More Here:

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/07/08/house-subpoena-trump-financial-records-00044826

Offline Rick Plant

« Reply #5522 on: July 09, 2022, 03:53:39 PM »
Mike Flynn's 'demented behavior' dissected by former Army colleagues: 'I think he's having mental-health problems'

Michael Flynn's former associates are baffled by his behavior since around the time he linked up with Donald Trump.

The retired U.S. Army general was seen last week pleading the Fifth Amendment when asked by the House select committee whether he believed in the peaceful transfer of power, but former close associates watched in horror as chanted, "lock her up," during the 2016 Republican National Convention, reported The Atlantic.

“He spent a lot of time deployed, maybe too much, as it turns out,” said James Clapper, former director of national intelligence. “He spent a lot of time in Iraq and Afghanistan chasing terrorists, and I think that, to some extent, that consumed him.”

A high-ranking officer who worked closely with Flynn in the field agreed with that assessment, saying his time in the war on terror seems to have set him off balance.

“If you spend years hunting terrorists and honing this killing machine,” some people “get unhinged by all that."

Stanley McChrystal, the retired lieutenant general and Flynn's longtime commander and mentor, has been said by friends to be horrified by his statements at the RNC, but he declined to be interviewed by I, and so did Keith Kellogg, another retired lieutenant general and his colleague at the White House.

“Out of the respect for our service together," McChrystal said, "and years of closer friendship, I’m now just going to stay silent."

But the high-ranking officer told the magazine that Flynn may have always had a conspiratorial and extremist mindset that his uniform kept hidden.

“The uniform constrains people’s political and emotional qualities,” that officer said. “You can misjudge a person because they are constrained by the job and the uniform," but when he's out of uniform "the personality that may have been constrained comes out.”

Clapper said his termination by former president Barack Obama humiliated Flynn.

“Getting terminated a year early ate at him,” Clapper said. “He had a grievance, and it just, it was corrosive with him, and he became a bitter, angry man and just latched on to anybody who was opposed to Obama and the Obama administration. That’s my armchair analysis of what happened.”

Numerous sources for the report speculated Flynn had experienced cognitive decline or a psychological disorder, but only one -- Gen. Barry McCaffrey -- agreed to go on record.

“I think he was having mental-health problems," McCaffrey said.

“As people get older, in particular, and as circumstances push in on them,” he added, “every year there’s some fairly small number who have mental-health problems … So yeah, some of them go bad. But Flynn went bad in one of the most spectacular manners we’ve ever witnessed. You know, it wasn’t just bad judgment. It was demented behavior.”

Read More Here:

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2022/07/michael-flynn-conspiracy-theories-january-6-trump/661439/

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #5522 on: July 09, 2022, 03:53:39 PM »

Offline Rick Plant

« Reply #5523 on: July 10, 2022, 12:40:24 AM »
'Two deranged people': Trump's growing alliance with Sarah Palin

According to a report from the Guardian, Donald Trump is headed up to Alaska this weekend where he will headline a fundraiser for former half-term Gov. Sarah Palin (R) to boost her run for an open House seat.

As the Guardian's David Smith wrote, it is extraordinary that the former president is traveling such a long distance for a GOP nominee he has endorsed, but there are indications that each has a need for each other as they try and re-launch their politcial careers.

As the report notes, Trump needs a guaranteed win in the midterm elections -- which Palin could provide in conservative Alaska -- to bolster his credibility as a kingmaker, and the former Alaska governor is trying to raise her national profile once again after being shunted off into the political wilderness.

According to Brown University political scientist Wendy Schiller, a Palin win would thrust her into the spotlight to the detriment of other far-right lawmakers.

“She’ll become literally the queen bee of the radical-right women in the party and she’ll get all the media attention. That’s not going to sit very well with people like [extremist congresswoman] Lauren Boebert," Schiller explained.

According to the report, "Trump will also use the Alaska rally to throw his weight behind Kelly Tshibaka, a Republican challenger to the incumbent senator Lisa Murkowski, who voted to convict the former president at his second impeachment trial following the January 6 insurrection. But there is little doubt that Palin will grab the headlines," before adding the former GOP campaign consultant Steve Schmidt -- who plucked Palin from out of obscurity to be the late Sen. John McCains running mate in his presidential bid -- is less than impressed with the partnership between the two headline-hogging former office holders.

Telling Smith, "It’s a rather tedious affair at this point," he added, "The fulminations of two deranged people are newsworthy only in the sense that there’s an open question around whether citizens of a democratic republic are potentially apathetic enough to allow such people a return to political power when their previous associations with it ended in such profound disgrace.”

Read More Here:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2022/jul/09/sarah-palin-comeback-trump-alaska-republicans

Online Jerry Organ

« Reply #5524 on: July 10, 2022, 01:32:36 AM »
He's on a mission from God: Pennsylvania GOP candidate Doug Mastriano's war with the world

Appears to have gotten out-of-hand with the rise of Billy Graham. Americans thinking they're the Hammer of God and "exceptional". People outside of America laugh at the narcissism and hubris. Unfortunately, it's like Tony Soprano and comes with excessive wanton force.

As a kid, I would watch the Billy Graham crusades on TV and thought his message was doing good. The parts where he associated America with God didn't resonate with me; I guess I thought it was mere rhetoric. Someone indoctrinated in the American school system would take it to heart.

We can see the harm it's done now with the One Percent, the racist Republican Party, Trump and Texans electing the likes of Ted Cruz. They got the Middle Class carrying the burden of taxation and the poor bearing the blunt of inflation. Like Tony Soprano's usage of his "Crew".

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #5524 on: July 10, 2022, 01:32:36 AM »

Offline Rick Plant

« Reply #5525 on: July 10, 2022, 02:37:31 PM »

Appears to have gotten out-of-hand with the rise of Billy Graham. Americans thinking they're the Hammer of God and "exceptional". People outside of America laugh at the narcissism and hubris. Unfortunately, it's like Tony Soprano and comes with excessive wanton force.

As a kid, I would watch the Billy Graham crusades on TV and thought his message was doing good. The parts where he associated America with God didn't resonate with me; I guess I thought it was mere rhetoric. Someone indoctrinated in the American school system would take it to heart.

We can see the harm it's done now with the One Percent, the racist Republican Party, Trump and Texans electing the likes of Ted Cruz. They got the Middle Class carrying the burden of taxation and the poor bearing the blunt of inflation. Like Tony Soprano's usage of his "Crew".

Pat Robertson and the rest of these phony preachers have brainwashed a lot of people. The GOP is now a radical religious cult that pushes dangerous conspiracies promoting violence as a means to gain power. Nuts like Marjorie Taylor Greene and Lauren Boebert are part of the QAnon cult. And you have the right wing media that recycles lies and conspiracies 24/7.         

Offline Rick Plant

« Reply #5526 on: July 10, 2022, 02:41:28 PM »
Trump's legal problems set to explode over the next few weeks: report

According to a report from the Daily Beast's Jose Pagliery, Donald Trump and his family are about to enter what the journalist called a "summer of legal hell" as a multitude of his legal problems -- both civil and criminal -- come to a head.

While much of the focus of the former president's legal travails has been on the House select committee Jan 6th hearings attempting to prove that Trump had a hand in the seditious insurrection, as well as the special grand jury in Georgia looking into his attempts to subvert the 2020 election results, the former president is also facing several depositions he must endure tied to lawsuits he and his family are facing.

With former Trump fixer Michael Cohen joking, "I don’t suspect that he’s going to have the free time he has had in the past to play any golf,” Pagliery detailed what the former president is facing over the next two weeks -- and beyond into Labor Day.

"During the week of July 18, Trump and two of his adult children will face tough questions from the office of New York Attorney General Letitia James. Trump, Don Jr. and Ivanka will be asked about the roles they had in personally overseeing the way the family company vastly inflated the monetary value of its properties to land inappropriate bank loans and minimize tax payments," he wrote. "Then, the very next week, the Trump Organization faces trial for the way Trump appears to have directed his security guards to attack protesters who were calling him out for his infamously racist rant about Mexicans when he launched his presidential run in 2015."

Ivanka, Don Jr and Eric are also on the spot at the beginning of August as attorneys will grill them "seeking to prove that the family knew a crappy business phone was a dud but still hawked it as a business opportunity on their Celebrity Apprentice television show. The former president is the final deposition scheduled in the case, which will drag him into a closed-door interview on Aug. 31," adding that new never-seen-before footage from the show is expected to be released.

The report notes that the Georgia investigation being conducted by Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis is expected to be wrapping up at the end of August which could lead to an indictment based upon Trump's call to Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger where the former president demanded he find enough votes for him to win the state's Electoral College votes in the 2020 presidential election.

Pagliery wrote, "Of course, it’s entirely possible “ol’ Donny Trump” gets out of all these jams once again. Trump has an incredible record when it comes to avoiding legal and political culpability," before adding, "But the convergence of so many cases against Trump during the next few weeks means any one of these issues could become a real problem for the former president. And just when things couldn’t seem to get any worse, the Manhattan District Attorney’s Office is expected to take the Trump Organization and its former CFO to trial for dodging city, state, and federal taxes by coming up with a payment scheme that included off-the-books luxury apartments, a flashy car, and tuition at an exclusive school for his grandkids."

Read more here: https://www.thedailybeast.com/donald-trumps-summer-of-legal-hell

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #5526 on: July 10, 2022, 02:41:28 PM »

Offline Rick Plant

« Reply #5527 on: July 11, 2022, 11:41:17 AM »
Lindsey Graham advised to plead the 5th in Georgia election fraud investigation

According to a former federal prosecutor, there is enough evidence of criminality in a phone call that Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC) made to Georgia election officials that he should consider invoking his Fifth Amendment privilege against self-incrimination when he appears before a Georgia grand jury investigating Donald Trump.

Appearing on "The Sunday Show" with host Jonathan Capehart, Glenn Kirschner said the South Carolina Republican may be put in an awkward position if he loses his battle to duck a subpoena as he has vowed to do.

"Glenn, you are the former federal prosecutor here," Capehart began. "How much legal danger is Senator Lindsey Graham in with this investigation?"

"So there are two data points that I think are on either side of that question, Jonathan," he replied. "One, I believe [Fulton County DA] Fani Willis said look, we're not looking at Lindsey Graham as a subject or target of the investigation, just a witness. That's one side. It seems to suggest that she just wants information that he can provide about what Donald Trump did."

"On the hand, [Georgia Secretary of State] Brad Raffensperger has gone on record as saying that these phone calls from Lindsey Graham seem to suggest that I would, I should try to toss out legally cast ballots, as a prosecutor," he continued. "I hear that and I think, Lindsey has a self-incrimination right there; there are arguments on both sides of that."

"Wow," host Capehart exclaimed. "I mean, if a sitting senator claim's 5th amendment right here, which is his right, that would be pretty amazing."

Watch below:

Georgia Trump grand jury witness bluntly claims Giuliani committed a crime in MSNBC interview

Appearing on MSNBC's "The Katie Phang Show" on Sunday morning, a witness who spoke before the special grand jury in Georgia that is hearing evidence about Donald Trump's attempt to subvert the 2020 presidential election results agreed with the host that former New York City mayor Rudy Giuliani committed a crime when he tried to assist the former president in his endeavors.

Georgia State Sen. Jen Jordan (D) -- who is currently running to become Georgia's attorney general -- was in the hearing as Giuliani, acting on Trump's behalf, pitched Georgia lawmakers on his case that the election was stolen despite knowing better.

While not getting into specifics about what she told the grand jury, Jordan was more forthcoming about her opinion on Giuliani's criminality.

"As we mentioned, you testified before the special grand jury about the December 3rd, 2020 Georgia Senate Judiciary Subcommittee hearing. where Rudy Giuliani and others were spreading conspiracy theories about voter fraud in Georgia. Did Giuliani commit a crime before your very eyes?" host Phang asked.

"In my opinion he did," Jordan replied. "But obviously that's not necessarily from me. That's what's significant about this special grand jury proceeding, they are gathering all of the evidence, they are pulling it all together, right? They are trying to kind of draw the line and see who was involved, what was said, what was done. What were the intentional acts that moved this conspiracy forward."

"From my perspective, what we watched in that state Senate hearing was really the scheme that [Trump attorney] John Eastman had put together," she continued. "I call him the architect of anarchy. The scheme he put together was really the implementation of that scheme on the ground."

Watch: