Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Trump supporters and conspiracy theory - Part 2  (Read 290605 times)

Offline Rick Plant

Re: Trump supporters and conspiracy theory - Part 2
« Reply #5464 on: June 29, 2022, 01:08:47 PM »
Advertisement
WATCH: Aide says Trump wanted to let armed supporters into rally, ’They’re not here to hurt me’

Cassidy Hutchinson, a former aide to Trump White House chief of staff Mark Meadows, testified on June 28 as the House committee investigating the Jan. 6 attack presented its findings to the public.

Hutchinson told Rep. Liz Cheney, R-Wyo., that former President Donald Trump was “angry about the extra space [on the Ellipse] and wanted more people to come in” to hear his speech on the day of the Capitol attack.

The committee played video of Hutchinson’s deposition in which she detailed why was Trump was upset — that people with weapons weren’t being let into his rally.

“I overheard the president say something to the effect of, you know, ‘I don’t f-ing care that they have weapons, they aren’t here to hurt me,’” Hutchinson said in the recording, saying he urged them to take the magnetometers away.

Hutchinson then testified she twice attempted to tell Meadows, while he was sitting in a vehicle, that law enforcement at the Capitol needed help defending the building but both times he shut the door when she went to open it.

About 20 to 25 minutes later when she finally told him, Hutchinson said Meadows had a “lack of reaction.”

Hutchinson testified that she had a conversation with former White House counsel Pat Cipollone in which he urged her to relay to Meadows that going to the Capitol on Jan. 6 would be “legally a terrible idea for us.”

“In the days leading up to the 6th, we had conversations about obstructing justice or defrauding the electoral count,” she said.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #5464 on: June 29, 2022, 01:08:47 PM »

Offline Rick Plant

« Reply #5465 on: June 29, 2022, 03:19:17 PM »
Trump 'nervous' and 'blindsided' about Cassidy Hutchinson's testimony before Jan 6 committee: report

Former President Donald Trump was bracing for an explosive day of testimony from Cassidy Hutchinson, a former White House aide and assistant to chief of staff Mark Meadows, CNN reports.

Hutchinson had previously testified to the Jan. 6 committee that Trump approved of death threats against then-Vice President Mike Pence that were chanted by rioters at the U.S. Capitol.

A person close to Trump who spoke to CNN said the former president is nervous about Tuesday's hearing, which will feature live testimony from Hutchinson and "present recently obtained evidence."

"He definitely wasn't expecting a twist like this," said the person close to Trump.

"The former President and his allies are planning to cast Hutchinson as a junior aide who had little influence inside the West Wing, despite her proximity to both the then-President and his then-chief of staff," CNN reports. "Hutchinson served in the Office of Legislative Affairs prior to becoming a top aide to Meadows and was an eyewitness to several key episodes leading up to January 6, in addition to witnessing some of Trump's real-time reactions that day."

Read the full report over at CNN.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/06/28/politics/trump-blindsided-january-6-hearing/index.html

Offline Rick Plant

« Reply #5466 on: June 30, 2022, 07:07:44 AM »
Messages shown by J6 Committee look like 'textbook witness tampering': CNN's Elie Honig

At the end of Tuesday's hearing, the House Select Committee investigating the January 6th Capitol riots revealed that some of its witnesses had received messages encouraging them to not offer incriminating information about former President Donald Trump.

According to one witness's sworn testimony, they were told that they would "continued to stay in good graces in Trump World" as long as "I'm doing the right thing, I'm protecting who I need to protect."

Reacting to this, CNN legal analyst Eli Honig said this tactic reminded him of some of the things he saw while working as a federal prosecutor at the United States Attorney's Office for the Southern District of New York.

"A lot of people have observed that that's how a mob boss talks," said Honig. "I have prosecuted actual mob bosses here in New York City, that is how they talk... What else is mob-like about this, it wasn't the boss, it wasn't Donald Trump conveying that message directly to Cassidy Hutchinson, it was some unnamed intermediary. That's how they do it."

Honig said that whoever sent the message will not be immune from legal scrutiny, however.

"If we can prove who said that, that is textbook witness tampering, obstruction of justice," he said. "So DOJ ought to be taking a look at this. The other things to remember, we were asking a few days ago why the emergency hearing? Why this unscheduled hearing suddenly appearing? I believe it's because they feared if somebody got in Cassidy Hutchinson's ear, a simple well-placed sentence could have knocked her off path, intimidated her."

Watch the video below:

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #5466 on: June 30, 2022, 07:07:44 AM »

Offline Rick Plant

« Reply #5467 on: June 30, 2022, 07:14:37 AM »
These far right wing radical Trump supporters are fascist lunatics. 

Million MAGA March speaker: 'We will not stop until The Handmaid's Tale is a reality -- and even worse than that'

In a video clip captured by Right Wing Watch, the host of the Red Elephant podcast, who spoke at the so-called "Million Maga March" in November of 2020, promised his followers that he and his followers will make the dystopian "Handmaids Tale" novel by Margaret Atwood a reality in the wake of the Supreme Court's 6-3 Dobbs ruling overturning Roe v Wade.

As the ADL reported, Vincent James was one of the many speakers at the event in Washington, D.C, where "Attendees and speakers, including a number of extremists, expressed support for President Trump, who continue to insist, without evidence" that the 2020 election was stolen.

James, whose YouTube account was shuttered due to inappropriate content, is now moving on from election fraud claims to attacking women and boasting he is part of a "Christian Taliban" movement.

In the video (which can be seen below) he claims, "This is the era of Christian nationalism," before turning to the recent events at the Supreme Court.

"Christian nationalism is on the rise and people are thirsty for it, hungry for this!" he claimed. "And we are the Christian Taliban and we will not stop until The Handmaid's Tale is a reality, and even worse than that to be honest."

"There was this article from The Atlantic that was like [Justice Sam] Alito is on a mission to roll back the rights of women and roll back the past hundred years of rights that were given to women," he continued. "Yes, that is what we're doing and it's only going to get worse for you from here."

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2022/06/roe-overturned-supreme-court-samuel-alito-opinion/661386/

If there was any doubt about the far-right's agenda, white nationalist Vincent James makes it explicitly clear: "We are the Christian Taliban and we will not stop until The Handmaid's Tale is a reality, and even worse than that.

Watch: https://twitter.com/i/status/1541796574325506053

Offline Rick Plant

« Reply #5468 on: June 30, 2022, 07:23:05 AM »
Rudy Giuliani botches attack on Cassidy Hutchinson: 'She was never present when I asked for a pardon'

Former Trump attorney Rudy Giuliani on Wednesday tried to attack the credibility of January 6 committee witness Cassidy Hutchinson -- but he made a statement that appeared to be self-incriminating.

Hutchinson, a former top White House aide with unique access to Trump and the inner workings of the West Wing, testified at the sixth June hearing of the House committee probing the attack on the US Capitol.

An executive assistant to Trump's chief of staff Mark Meadows, she was a central figure in the White House around the period of the insurrection on January 6 last year.

Writing on Twitter, Giuliani took issue with Hutchinson's claim that he sought a pardon from former President Donald Trump.

"The January 6 Witch Hunt Cabal has now exceeded even its prior fraudulent," he said. "The last witness was a reckless liar. Contrary to her false testimony she was never present when I asked for a pardon."

The former New York mayor then added, "Actually, I told the President I did not want or need one."

Despite Giuliani's claims, however, we do know that he was directly involved in the process of lobbying Trump to pardon allies for their actions leading up to the January 6 Capitol riots.

The January 6 committee earlier this month revealed it had obtained an email from attorney John Eastman sent directly to Giuliani in which he explicitly said, "I’ve decided that I should be on the pardon list, if that is still in the works.”

Other Trump allies who allegedly sought pardons include Reps. Matt Gaetz (R-FL) and Scott Perry (R-PA), who were also deeply involved in trying to stop the certification of the 2020 election.

AFP

Cassidy Hutchinson stands by 'all' of her explosive testimony as Republicans lash out to defend Trump

Republicans have been lashing out at former Trump White House aide Cassidy Hutchinson after her bombshell testimony before the House Select Committee Investigating the Jan. 6 Attack on the U.S. Capitol.

On his Truth Social platform, without providing any evidence, Trump claimed Hutchinson "made up phony and completely outrageous stories" and falsely claimed Hutchinson had been "caught in a ridiculous lie." He also called her a "phony social climber."

But the attacks are complicated by Hutchinson's history.

"Worked for Steve Scalise, Ted Cruz & Mark Meadows. Cassidy Hutchinson was fully dug-in and a true believer. So there’s a lot of nervousness out there tonight. The lame attempts to discredit her testimony demonstrate the levels of anxiety," argued civil rights attorney Sherrilyn Ifill.

Yet the attacks continued, as was noted by select committee member Adam Kinzinger (R-IL).

"Watching the desperation of Trump world to discredit the brave Cassidy Hutchinson reminds me of…. Everything Trump does when he is busted and cornered," Kinzinger wrote.

On Wednesday, Hutchinson addressed the attacks in a statement issued through attorneys Jody Hunt and William Jordan, CNN's Jake Tapper reported.

“Ms. Hutchinson stands by all of the testimony she provided yesterday, under oath, to the Select Committee to Investigate the January 6th Attack on the United States Capitol," the statement read.

Some Trump White House officials believe Hutchinson's testimony.

"Cassidy Hutchinson is my friend," wrote former Trump White House director of strategic communications Alyssa Farah Griffin.

"I knew her testimony would be damning. I had no idea it’d be THIS damning," she wrote. "To anyone who would try to impugn her character, I’d be glad to put you in touch [with the select committee] to appear UNDER OATH."

Former Trump White House chief of staff Mick Mulvaney said, "I know her. I don't think she is lying."

Watch Tuesday's hearing:

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #5468 on: June 30, 2022, 07:23:05 AM »

Offline Rick Plant

« Reply #5469 on: June 30, 2022, 07:36:59 AM »
Republicans found Hutchinson's testimony 'devastating' as right-wing media turns on Trump: report

Cracks are emerging in Donald Trump's political coalition following explosive testimony from former White House aide Cassidy Hutchinson before the House Select Committee investigating the Jan. 6 Attack on the U.S. Capitol, according to an analysis broadcast on CNN.

"Happening now," CNN's Wolf Blitzer began, "former President Trump's risk of criminal prosecution may be rising right now after a former White House aide's explosive public testimony about his erratic behavior Jan. 6 and his role in inciting violence. A senior House Republican is now predicting indictments." That official has yet to be named.

For analysis, Blitzer interviewed CNN special correspondent Jamie Gangel following an appearance by former acting White House chief of staff Mick Mulvaney, who said he feared Mark Meadows was "completely incompetent or having a nervous breakdown" on Jan. 6.

"Jamie Gangel, behind the scenes, do Trump allies realize how damming this testimony was?" Blitzer asked.

"Don't think you have to go behind the scenes," Gangel replied. "We just heard Mick Mulvaney there. Also the New York Post, a traditional ally of Trump headline, 'Tyrant Trump.' "The Washington Examiner, also conservative, unfit for power again.

The hits on Trump from Murdoch papers continues:

The editorial in The Washington Examiner pushed back against Trump attempting a 2024 comeback.

"Former White House aide Cassidy Hutchinson’s Tuesday testimony ought to ring the death knell for former President Donald Trump’s political career. Trump is unfit to be anywhere near power ever again," the editorial board wrote. "Trump is a disgrace. Republicans have far better options to lead the party in 2024. No one should think otherwise, much less support him, ever again."

Trump proven unfit for power again
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/editorials/trump-proven-unfit-for-power-again

Gangel had further reporting.

"I spoke last night, today, to many Republican sources," she said. "They all said to me that the testimony was devastating and they felt that Cassidy Hutchinson, from the person they dealt with when she was in legislative affairs, had been someone who was very loyal to Trump, a true believer."

"That said, they also said that they're concerned that this may not be getting through to the Trump base," Gangel noted. "We'll see that in the polls."

Watch:

Offline Rick Plant

« Reply #5470 on: June 30, 2022, 07:58:35 AM »
‘Desperately’: Trump ‘wanted to walk into the House with an armed mob’ says Yale historian

The revelations from former Trump White House aide Cassidy Hutchinson are being called "bombshells" and, according to a former advisor to the U.S. House Select Committee on the January 6 Attack, a "cluster bomb."

But one Professor of History and American Studies at Yale University, Dr. Joanne Freeman, is urging Americans to focus on an important part of Hutchinson's testimony.

"People are focusing on the drama of [Donald Trump] trying to grab the steering wheel to force his car to go to the Capitol," Dr. Freeman writes. "But far more revealing -- and alarming -- is the fact that he wanted to walk into the House with an armed mob."

"Again: think COUP."

Freeman, the author of "The Field of Blood: Violence in Congress and the Road to Civil War," adds: "Hutchinson testified that there was discussion about having him enter the House chamber."

Hutchinson also testified that Trump and Meadows knew the rally-goers and insurrectionists were armed, some heavily. And he demanded the "mags," the magnetometers, or "metal detectors," be removed.

“I don’t f***ing care that they have weapons, they’re not here to hurt me.," Trump allegedly said, according to Hutchinson. "They’re not here to hurt me. Take the f***ing mags away. Let my people in. They can march to the Capitol from here, let the people in and take the mags away.”

"Today we saw 1/6 was a plot to overturn the election w/*deliberately incorporated* violence," she says.

"That was wild," Freeman said after the hearing ended.

Dr. Joanne Freeman
@jbf1755

This was gripping revealing testimony describing an attempted coup supported by multiple WH insiders.

I can't shake the image of DJT entering the House accompanied by an armed mob--which he desperately wanted to happen--enough to grab the steering wheel & attempt assault.

https://twitter.com/jbf1755/status/1541859749569994757

Hutchinson did in fact testify there were discussions about Trump walking into the House chamber, which would be yet another violation of centuries of precedent: the President cannot just show up; he must be invited.

Aaron Rupar
@atrupar

Hutchinson on what Trump wanted to do when he got to the Capitol on January 6: "There were discussions about him having another speech outside the Capitol before going in. I know that there was a conversation about him going in the House chamber at one point."

Watch: https://twitter.com/i/status/1541842966070890496

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #5470 on: June 30, 2022, 07:58:35 AM »

Offline Rick Plant

« Reply #5471 on: June 30, 2022, 08:25:15 AM »
What Cassidy Hutchinson’s testimony means for criminal prosecution of Donald Trump

Former White House senior aide Cassidy Hutchinson revealed some new information to the House Select Committee investigating the attack on Congress and the attempt to overthrow the election.

One question being asked by the New York Times, however, is whether the information she gave was enough to aid in a potential criminal prosecution of former President Donald Trump.

Among the things she told the committee was that as Trump went onstage Jan. 6 to speak to the rally crowd he knew that there were people in the audience with weapons, including guns. Instead of trying to deescalate the crowd, she said that he wanted the supporters brought closer and allowed in even if they had weapons that wouldn't normally make it through metal detectors.

"Legal experts said the testimony provided more evidence to support a possible criminal prosecution, as it suggested that Mr. Trump was aware of the potential for violence but went on to urge his supporters to head to the Capitol," wrote the Times analysis.

Trump then called on the crowd to "fight like hell" and told them that he would lead them to the Capitol in a powerful march.

"And after this, we're going to walk down, and I'll be there with you, we're going to walk down, we're going to walk down," he said, repeating the phrase. "Anyone you want, but I think right here, we're going to walk down to the Capitol, and we're going to cheer on our brave senators and congressmen and women, and we're probably not going to be cheering so much for some of them. Because you'll never take back our country with weakness. You have to show strength and you have to be strong. We have come to demand that Congress do the right thing and only count the electors who have been lawfully slated, lawfully slated."

The Times pointed that the Justice Department said that it doesn't have an explicit investigation focusing on Trump. There is, however, evidence that the DOJ is moving swiftly on the fake electors' scandal. Meanwhile, Trump legal adviser John Eastman was raided by federal agents, including FBI agents, who took his phone to turn it over to the Justice Department Inspector General. That is an indication that there's an internal investigation happening over the role some lawyers like Jeffrey Clark played in the attempt to overthrow the election.

Meanwhile, the Justice Department has captured many of those who came after Congress on Jan. 6 and interviews with them reveal that they're placing the blame squarely on Donald Trump. Some said that Trump called them to Washington and to the Capitol for Jan. 6.

"Ms. Hutchinson’s testimony could place Mr. Trump into a conspiratorial relationship with members of the mob, lawyers said, suggesting that he pushed them into action even though he was aware that they presented an immediate threat," wrote the Times.

Hugo Lowell, reporter for The Guardian, explained that Hutchinson's comments "marked a new degree of apparent consciousness of guilt among Trump’s closest advisers – in addition to that of at least half a dozen Republican congressmen and the Trump lawyer John Eastman – or fear that they might have committed a crime.

He went on to explain that "in raising Giuliani’s interest in a pardon, Hutchinson also testified that Trump’s former attorney may have also been central to a crime with respect to his seeming knowledge of what the far-right Oath Keepers and Proud Boys groups were planning for January 6."

The idea that the White House knew about the involvement of the Oath Keepers and Proud Boys "raised the spectre that the former president's then-attorney [Giuliani] was broadly aware of the intentions of two far-right groups." Many of the groups' members have since been arrested and charged with seditious conspiracy.

Harvard Law School professor Laurence Tribe urged the DOJ to be forthcoming about its intentions to dodge the implications of politicization.

Laurence Tribe
@tribelaw

A word to the wise: I definitely don’t favor leaks from DOJ, but the sooner it becomes publicly clear that the criminal investigation has reached Trump, the harder it’ll be for him, by officially announcing his candidacy, to claim that his indictment would be a political act.
https://twitter.com/tribelaw/status/1542192059251040256

Founder and executive director of Protect Democracy Ian Bassin noted that the idea of attempting to intimidate witnesses is a potential criminal offense for Trump. If the people relaying the message to Hutchinson and the other witness are investigated for being part of that it's unclear if they will implicate the president.

Ian Bassin
@Ianbassin

Rep. Cheney now sharing evidence of witness intimidation. New potential criminal charges against Trump and others. This is serious Mafia stuff.
https://twitter.com/ianbassin/status/1541857431751258112

Sol Wisenberg, a former deputy to special counsel Ken Starr, told the Times that it's clear Trump has criminal culpability.

Peter Baker
@peterbakernyt

Did Trump commit a crime? "This is the smoking gun," Sol Wisenberg, a former deputy to Ken Starr, tells me about today's hearing. "There isn’t any question this establishes a prima facie case for his criminal culpability on seditious conspiracy charges."

https://twitter.com/peterbakernyt/status/1541860388433760258