Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Trump supporters and conspiracy theory - Part 2  (Read 296751 times)

Offline Rick Plant

Re: Trump supporters and conspiracy theory - Part 2
« Reply #6160 on: May 11, 2023, 10:58:20 PM »
Advertisement
And that's what Trump and Republicans want, they want the economy to crash, so they can blame President Biden going into election season. Republicans do not care about Americans or America, they only care about having power. We all saw that when Trump and the Republican party attempted a coup to illegally keep Trump in power over the will of American voters after Trump lost the 2020 election in a blowout. 

'Devastating': CNN's Tapper says Trump's demands would trash U.S. economy

During his town hall at St. Anselm College in New Hampshire on Wednesday, former President Donald Trump advocated for the the U.S. to default on its debt — something he called unthinkable when he was president himself. And he advocated for slashing government funding as the only option of preventing this, something that would be almost equally devastating to the economy.

Speaking to political analyst David Chalian on Thursday, CNN anchor Jake Tapper laid out just how catastrophic this is — and how damaging it is for Trump to even talk about it.

"There was, policy-wise, a lot of things that he said yesterday that were stunning," said Tapper. "One of them was when he said something very different about the U.S. defaulting on its loans than he used to say when he was president. When he was president, the government should never default on loans, always raise the debt ceiling. Congress voted to do so when he was president with no spending cuts. That's not his position now. Take a listen."

"I say to at Republicans out there, congressmen, senators, if they don't give you massive cuts, you are going to have to do a default," said Trump in a clip.

"First of all, he never pushed for massive cuts when he was president, not once," said Tapper. "Second of all, that would be, according to every, every respected expert, left, right and center, devastating to the U.S. economy. This is going to make it more difficult for Speaker McCarthy to come to some sort of deal with President Biden."

"No doubt," said Chalian. "President Trump said it's just psychological, perhaps, the impact, despite what every economic expert said, so you're right to point that out. But, yes. This is going to give comfort to some of the hardliners in McCarthy's conference as he is trying to negotiate a deal to avoid the first U.S. default ever, to avoid catastrophe to our economy, and now Donald Trump has given cover for those hardliners to hold Kevin McCarthy's feet to the fire. That makes the negotiating more difficult."

Watch:

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #6160 on: May 11, 2023, 10:58:20 PM »

Offline Rick Plant

« Reply #6161 on: May 12, 2023, 05:24:22 AM »
The so called CNN "town hall" with Criminal Donald was a total joke from top to bottom. The audience was packed with his own supporters and now we learn that audience members were instructed before it started that they were not allowed to boo him. It was revealed that audience members, which is his own base, even got bored with the whole charade. 

So, CNN made sure it did everything possible to give Donnie preferential treatment to make him look better on television. As it turns out, only 1% of Americans tuned in to watch this spectacle which resulted in poor ratings. Even his own rabid supporters didn't even bother to see this "town hall" with him ranting like a lunatic. And CNN is supposed to be "the liberal media" that right wingers rant about. Have you ever seen a mainstream network go this far out of their way to make a Democrat look good for a "town hall"? Of course not, that's why the "liberal media" claim is only a myth used by the right.

Donnie is washed up and on his way to prison for his numerous crimes, but what we can take away from this, is CNN was banking on huge ratings from the MAGA cult and they didn't get it. And once again proves that Donnie has lost his popularity amongst his own base. Otherwise, the ratings would have been astronomical if he was popular.             

This entire debacle was a disaster for CNN but was even worse for Trump who showed his own base what a lunatic he still is.   

'They weren't going to boo an answer': Trump town hall audience reportedly only allowed to applaud

Donald Trump's town hall hosted by CNN in New Hampshire sparked criticism for its content, but also for the reactions from the audience. Now it has been reported that the spectator reactions were controlled, and that, while applause were allowed, booing wasn't.

Trump on Thursday took to Truth Social to defend CNN amid the backlash, which saw the news network being accused of platforming someone who tried to destroy it. Among other things, viewers complained that CNN had reportedly stacked the audience with 400 voters defined as sympathetic to Trump.

But those voters may not have been as sympathetic as they sounded, according to a conversation between Puck News senior political correspondent Tara Palmeri and Matthew Bartlett, who served at the U.S. Department of State.

"On CNN, it sure looked like Trump won over the crowd during his town hall interview with Kaitlan Collins," it reads. "But the reality was different in the room—and in the state of New Hampshire."

When asked about whether there were ground rules for the audience, the individual present stated that the network "did some warm up with the audience ahead of time." That included the floor manager guiding spectators on how to respond, and how not to respond, according to the interview.

"The floor manager came out ahead of time and said, Please do not boo, please be respectful. You were allowed to applaud. And I think that set the tone where people were going to try their best to keep this between the navigational beacons, and that if they felt compelled to applaud, they would, but they weren't going to have an outburst or they weren't going to boo an answer."

Bartlett went on to say that, while he doesn't know how it looked on camera, he does feel "as if [Trump] lost the audience" when talking about his tweets and other subjects.

Read More Here: https://puck.news/inside-the-trump-cnn-thunderdome

Offline Rick Plant

« Reply #6162 on: May 12, 2023, 09:48:29 AM »
Judge orders Trump to attend lecture on how not to violate evidence disclosure rules

Donald Trump was ordered by a Manhattan Supreme Court Judge to submit to a meeting giving him instructions on how to comply with an order restricting him from using evidence in his criminal case to attack witnesses, reported the Associated Press on Thursday.

"Judge Juan Manuel Merchan scheduled the hybrid hearing — the former president on a TV screen, his lawyers and prosecutors in court — to go over the restrictions with Trump and to make clear that he risks being held in contempt if he violates them," reported Michael R. Sisak. "The case is continuing in state court even as Trump’s lawyers seek to have it moved to federal court. U.S. District Judge Alvin Hellerstein, who is considering the transfer request, issued an order this week setting paperwork deadlines and a hearing for late June."

"Merchan, still in charge while that drama plays out, agreed to instruct Trump on the rules by video, rather than in person, after a prosecutor reminded him last week that bringing Trump to court would present mammoth security and logistical challenges," said the report.

Trump faces 34 charges of falsifying business records relating to an alleged hush payment to adult film star Stormy Daniels. The former president has denied doing anything illegal and has repeatedly attacked District Attorney Alvin Bragg, even posting an image of himself facing down Bragg while holding a baseball bat. He has also attacked Judge Merchan himself, accusing him baselessly of being biased.

"Merchan issued what’s known as a protective order on Monday, days after a hearing where he urged Trump’s lawyers and prosecutors from the Manhattan district attorney’s office to reach a compromise regarding the Republican’s access to and use of evidence turned over by prosecutors prior to trial," said the report. "That kind of evidence sharing, called discovery, is routine in criminal cases, and is intended to help ensure a fair trial. Prosecutors sought the order soon after Trump’s arrest, citing what they say is his history of making 'harassing, embarrassing, and threatening statements' about people he’s tangled with in legal disputes."

This is one of several legal problems Trump is facing. He faces multiple other criminal investigations. He was also just found liable for $5 million in damages for sexual abuse and defamation against writer E. Jean Carroll, and may even be sued again for continuing to lie about her.

Read More Here: https://apnews.com/article/trump-criminal-hush-money-video-hearing-03930ae00505487803f8338fe8840ba7

'That's a serious crime': ex-prosecutor says people 'hardly ever forget' showing confidential docs

A legal expert believes Donald Trump may have walked into additional jeopardy at Wednesday night’s town hall, at which the former president described his handling classified documents at Mar-a-Lago as lawful.

Trump said in response to a question from host Kaitlan Collins over whether he showed the documents to anyone, “Not that I can think of, let me just tell you, I had the absolute right to do whatever I want with them. I have the right.” Former Manhattan Assistant District Attorney Rebecca Roiphe during an appearance on MSNBC’s Alex Wagner tonight called the statement "significant."

“Well, that's pretty significant,” Roiphe said.

“It's not an admission, but it's also not a denial, and I think that's really important, because that's a serious crime and it is something that you would remember. I mean, people hardly ever forget whether or not they showed, you know, a highly classified document to a bunch of other people.

“It would provide important evidence to Jack Smith if you were trying to bring that case," she added.

“This is why defense attorneys do not want their clients to go out and talk, because the thing is, you don’t fully know what the prosecution knows yet. You don’t know what’s in the government’s hands, so you’re playing a game where you don’t have all the information and you’re locking yourself in, and you don’t want to do that and this is one of those situations."

“Obviously, he's been reading the same reports that you have. He’s concerned that they may have some information that he doesn’t have so he can’t directly say, you know, ‘it didn’t happen’ if it happened. That is difficult and that’s bad…that’s why you don’t want your client out there in this his town hall giving all these statements.”

Watch:

Trump faces backlash from GOP senators over his CNN town hall comments

Donald Trump's event with CNN on Wednesday brought out a lot of critics from the left. Still, according to CNN's Capitol Hill correspondent Manu Raju, some Republican lawmakers are taking issue with some of the comments too.

Asked about the former president's appearance, specifically about Trump's reluctance to say if he thought Russian President Vladimir Putin was a war criminal, Sen. Todd Young (R-IN) said, "I think President Trump's judgment is wrong in this case. President Putin and his government have engaged in war crimes. I don't believe that's disputed."

He explained that he's concerned about Trump's position on Russia and Ukraine in particular, and it's one of the reasons Young says he won't support Trump.

When asked about other reasons he doesn't support Trump for the GOP nomination, Young said simply, "Where do I begin..."

Raju said that Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC) believes Putin is a war criminal and tried to explain away Trump's comments by saying that the former president is trying to stay neutral in the fight between Ukraine and Russia as "a way to ensure peace there."

Trump was about $120 billion off in his numbers about Ukraine aid, CNN's fact-checking found. Ironically, the Trump wing of the GOP has been fighting against helping Ukraine, with some reportedly even taking Russia's side. On Wednesday, Trump called Putin's invasion "a tremendous mistake." He wouldn't answer whether Putin was a war criminal, saying such a brand would make brokering peace harder. But the International Criminal Court wants to hold a trial to answer that question.

Sen. Thom Tillis (R-NC) was bothered by Trump's claims about Jan. 6, which Trump still maintains is being blown out of proportion. The former president repeated the claim that House Speaker Nancy Pelosi was responsible for security at the Capitol on Jan. 6, which is false, CNN's fact-check explained.

Trump's claim that the day was filled with love and only a few people got out of hand was also called out as false by the CNN fact-check team.

"This statement is false. Hundreds of rioters have been charged with violence toward police on January 6. Trump downplaying the violence and equivocating the insurrection with social justice protests fails to recognize the severity of the attack on the Capitol," the report said.

"Anybody who crossed into the Capitol under the circumstances I witnessed firsthand, it's hard for me to have a positive predisposition towards them," said Tillis.

Off camera, Sen. John Thune (R-SD) told Nicky Robertson, "It looks like a lot that the Democratic campaign ads were being written last night."

Watch:

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #6162 on: May 12, 2023, 09:48:29 AM »

Offline Rick Plant

« Reply #6163 on: May 13, 2023, 04:20:35 AM »
Like I said, Criminal Donald is the gift that keeps on giving....keep talking Donnie!   

Donald Trump 'gave Jack Smith what he wanted' during his CNN outburst: Morning Joe

MSNBC host Joe Scarborough kicked off Friday's "Morning Joe" by focusing on comments Donald Trump made about the government documents he was hoarding at his Mar-a-Lago report during his CNN town hall on Wednesday, with Scarborough asserting the former president gave more ammo to special counsel Jack Smith.

During his conversation with CNN moderator Kaitlan Collins, the former president argued with her about the legality of taking the documents that led to the FBI showing up with a warrant with the case subsequently handed to Smith.

According to the "Morning Joe" host, remarks by Trump made during his 70-minute CNN appearance will eventually hurt him when it comes to winning another presidential election as well as financially and legally.

"[Trump] sounds like a superpower Dr. Evil had out of 'Austin Powers' or something. It really showed his arrogance," Scarborough said of Trump's comments. "It'll hurt him legally and also politically, where he says, 'I can do whatever I want with classified documents.'"

"What does that sound like?" he continued. "I can do whatever I want to do because I'm a star with women, he says, Where he says he can sexually abuse women because he's been a star -- he said that -- 'Fortunately or unfortunately' there in the deposition. He doubled down on the 'Access Hollywood' tape. All of that, all of that is obviously going to hurt him."

"Also, he exposed himself, most likely, to another defamation suit from E. Jean Carroll because he can't help himself," he added. "It's probably going to cost him another $3, 4, 5 million because a jury of his peers -- this is straightforward, he defamed her once again."

"Yeah, so that town hall meeting ended up being costly for a lot of people. It'll be especially costly politically and going to be costly economically for Donald Trump because -- and legally in a criminal sense -- because I think he gave Jack Smith just what he wanted," Scarborough claimed. "So I hope getting a couple of people in the audience who were laughing and cheering when he insulted the host, when he insulting E. Jean Carroll, I hope that was worth it for him. It's going to cost him a lot."

Watch:

Offline Rick Plant

« Reply #6164 on: May 13, 2023, 09:11:10 AM »
Keep talking Donnie, keep talking!

Trump just admitted evidence of 'vigilante justice' to the Fulton County DA: legal expert

Donald Trump could be indicted in the state of Georgia at any moment.

According to legal analyst and Brookings Governance senior fellow Norm Eisen, the 2024 hopeful offered Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis significant "proof" of his 2020 election interference during CNN's town hall Wednesday.

Host Kaitlan Collins asked Trump, "Given the fact that there are indictments expected to come in that case this summer — is that a call you would make again today?"

The MAGA candidate replied, "Yeah, I called questioning the election. I thought it was a rigged election. I thought it had a lot of problems. Listen to this: There are like seven lawyers on the call...we're having a normal call, nobody said, "Oh, gee, he shouldn't have said that."

Collins interrupted, "You asked him to find the votes," before Trump shouted, "I didn't ask him to find anything. I said you owe me votes because the election was rigged."

During a segment of CNN's News Central, host Jim Scuitto asked the analyst about the potential repercussions of Trump's statement.

Eisen shared a clip from the pair's conversation via Twitter, writing, "The Fulton County DA already had a mountain of evidence that Trump likely interfered w the 2020 election At last night's @CNN town hall, Trump gave her still more evidence to bolster her likely prosecution: Proof of his criminal intent I explained @NewsCentralCNN w @jimsciutto."

The host echoed Trump emphasizing, "You owe me votes," before adding, "Tell me how that impacts the investigation in Georgia."

Eisen replied, "It's the most important kind of proof for a prosecutor, Jim. Intent proof. Whatever he believed, once the election had been certified, he can't demand that the Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger just find 11,780 votes. It's vigilante justice. Think of it this way: If I believed the bank owed me $11, 780, and I went in there and threatened the teller, 'Give me my $11,780' — even if I believe it belongs to me — you can't do that, and you can't do that in an election."

Sciutto reiterated, "You can't say 'You owe me that money;' you can't say, 'You owe me those votes.'"

Norm Eisen @NormEisen

The Fulton County DA already had a mountain of evidence that Trump likely interfered w the 2020 election

At last night's @CNN town hall, Trump gave her still more evidence to bolster her likely prosecution:

Proof of his criminal intent

I explained @NewsCentralCNN w @jimsciutto

Watch Here: https://twitter.com/i/status/1656771645145481216

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #6164 on: May 13, 2023, 09:11:10 AM »

Offline Rick Plant

« Reply #6165 on: May 13, 2023, 10:30:40 PM »
The FBI just raided a condo owned by Russians at Trump Towers in Florida. There’s no indication that the raid is tied to the DOJ’s Donald Trump probe. But it’s amazing how many criminals in general, and Russian criminals in particular, are connected to Trump one way or the other.

FBI agents raid condo unit owned by Russians at Trump Towers in Sunny Isles

The trio of Trump Towers on Sunny Isles Beach draws its share of gawkers, thanks to Donald Trump’s licensing deal that plastered his name on the oceanfront development. But on Thursday, the luxury high-rise complex drew the attention of law enforcement, namely the Federal Bureau of Investigation. A squad of FBI special agents, assisted by local police, descended on Trump Tower III at 15811 Collins Ave. to carry out a search of unit 4102. It’s owned by a shell company, MIC-USA LLC, that is controlled by two Russian businessmen, Oleg Sergeyevich Patsulya and Agunda Konstantinovna Makeeva, according to state corporation records. On Friday, a spokesman for the FBI’s Miami field office said it “was conducting court-ordered law enforcement activity in the vicinity of that location,” but provided no other information.

Pereira, who state records show is also listed on the corporate paperwork for MIC-USA, said she was aware of the FBI’s raid. “I can’t talk about it,” Pereira told the Miami Herald. “The lawyer [for my husband] said not to talk to anyone. ... I have no idea what it’s about.” Sunny Isles Beach has been dubbed “LIttle Moscow” by locals because it’s home to many Russian expatriates. Some expressed concerns about a backlash against their affluent beachfront community after the Russian military invaded Ukraine last year and the U.S. government started pursuing sanctions against oligarchs who hide their wealth in real estate in South Florida and other parts of the country. Before becoming president in 2016, Trump signed a deal with the developers of the 45-story condo buildings to name the property after him to help promote sales. Foreign buyers, especially from Latin America and Russia, flocked to Trump Towers, as they did with other Trump-branded properties in Sunny Isles Beach. Among the buyers: MIC-USA, which acquired the three-bedroom, three-bath condo residence at Trump Tower III for $1.65 million a decade ago, according to Miami-Dade property records. In 2020, BAC Florida Bank, which provided financing for the purchase, sued Patsulya and Makeeva, claiming they defaulted on their $975,000 mortgage. The dispute was resolved later that year, though it’s not clear how from the court records. MIC-USA, controlled by the two Russians, continued to own the 41st-floor unit at Trump Tower III.

Watch Video in link https://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/article275358451.html

Offline Rick Plant

« Reply #6166 on: May 14, 2023, 10:49:51 PM »
Trump posts doctored video of Anderson Cooper speech mixed with out-of-context Biden clips
https://www.rawstory.com/donald-trump-mocks-cnn/

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #6166 on: May 14, 2023, 10:49:51 PM »

Offline Rick Plant

« Reply #6167 on: May 15, 2023, 06:14:14 AM »
'It stands where it stands': Nikki Haley won't condemn Trump for sexually abusing woman

Republican presidential candidate Nikki Haley on Sunday declined to criticize her opponent, Donald Trump, after he was found liable for sexually abusing writer E. Jean Carroll.

Haley was asked about the verdict during an interview on CBS's Face The Nation.

"I want to ask you, as a conservative woman, do you think it undermines your party if the Republican front runner is someone who was just found liable, legally liable, for sexually abusing a woman?" host Margaret Brennan said.

Haley responded without attacking the former president.

"I have always said that anyone that feels like they have been sexually assaulted in any way should come forward and have their voice heard," she remarked. "I also think anyone that's been accused should be able to defend themselves."

"I was not on the jury. I am not the judge," she continued. "I think that both of them had their voices heard. There has been a verdict, and there's been an appeal."

Brennan noted that Trump refused to appear in court for the trial.

"Are you drawing into question the legal findings?" the host asked.

"No," Haley replied. "I said there's a verdict, and I think there's been an appeal. I think it stands where it stands, and I think the American people need to make a decision based on that."

Watch: