Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Trump supporters and conspiracy theory - Part 2  (Read 290488 times)

Offline Rick Plant

Re: Trump supporters and conspiracy theory - Part 2
« Reply #5968 on: September 29, 2022, 10:30:10 AM »
Advertisement
Former GOP congressman has 'legitimate concerns' Clarence Thomas was involved in 'push to overturn the election'

Questions surfaced after Justice Clarence Thomas was the only member of the U.S. Supreme Court to oppose the release of Mark Meadows' texts and information to the Jan. 6 committee. It turned out that in those text messages that the justice didn't want revealed were communications with his wife.

Former Rep. Denver Riggleman (R-VA), wrote in his new book that he thinks Justice Thomas is far more involved in his wife Ginni Thomas' 2020 election overthrow attempts.

Riggleman, who left the committee in April, included many of the text messages that had previously been released from Ginni Thomas, along with the note that he had a difficult time trying to get the House Select Committee to sound the alarm on her actions.

"Supreme Court spouses are typically low profile. Ginni’s involvement with political groups had already led to questions about whether Clarence would need to recuse himself in cases with a political component," wrote Riggleman. If Clarence had been in the logs, it would be a much bigger deal than all that. When I began to suspect Ginni and Clarence had texted with Meadows, I put together a technical brief outlining how we might be able to cement the identifications."

Rep. Liz Cheney (R-WY) called him to express concern that telling Americans that such an influential figure had gone full-Q. Cheney was worried it would turn the whole committee into a political sideshow and overshadow all of the other work the committee was doing. The release of Riggleman's book has left the committee members furious over possible leaks after spending a year with so few.

Riggleman persisted in pressing Cheney to tell Americans about the Thomases.

"The committee needed to show the American people that there was an organized, violent effort to reverse the election—and that there were indications it could have been directed by the White House," he wrote. "Thanks to their prominence, Ginni and Clarence would make a lot of headlines, but those headlines might overwhelm the other important work we were doing."

The conversation with Cheney didn't go well, with the two "type A personalities" duking-out their arguments. Riggleman argued that data wasn't political. It wasn't right or wrong.

"I also thought that, given Clarence’s position and Ginni’s prominence in conservative circles, the American public had to know what she had been up to," argued Riggleman. "Some of the messages went beyond simply cheering Meadows on. It was legitimate for me to have concerns as to whether a Supreme Court justice had been involved in the legally questionable push to overturn the election. Was it possible that one of the country’s nine top judges was on board with an authoritarian interpretation of the Constitution? The implications were overwhelming. Cheney found it all improbable. I think she still had more faith in the institutional GOP than I did at that point."

AFP

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #5968 on: September 29, 2022, 10:30:10 AM »

Offline Rick Plant

« Reply #5969 on: September 29, 2022, 10:33:57 AM »
QAnon-promoting candidate said Air Force punished him for getting in a fight — he actually drove drunk at base

On Wednesday, the Associated Press revealed that, on top of not telling the truth about where he was stationed and what he was doing while he served in the military, pro-Trump Ohio House candidate J.R. Majewski also appears to have misstated the reason he was demoted from Airman First Class to Airman.

"Majewski’s campaign said last week that he was punished and demoted after getting in a 'brawl' in an Air Force dormitory in 2001," reported Brian Slodysko and James LaPorta. "Military records obtained since then by The Associated Press, however, offer a different account of the circumstances, which military legal experts say would have played a significant role in the decision to bar him from reenlisting. They indicate Majewski’s punishment and demotion were the result of him being stopped for driving drunk on a U.S. air base in Japan in September 2001."

This comes after another story revealing that Majewski -- who described himself in campaign promotional material as a "combat veteran" and said he was deployed to special operations in Afghanistan so harsh he was forced to go weeks at a time without showering -- actually worked loading aircraft at a U.S. air base in Qatar.

He subsequently tried to claim his actual mission had been "classified"; however, other veterans have said this is almost impossible.

"In a statement, Majewski acknowledged that he was punished for drunken driving, though he didn’t address why his campaign previously said his demotion was the result of a fight," said the report. "'This mistake is now more than 20 years old. I’m sure we’ve all done something as young adults that we look back on and wonder ‘what was I thinking?’ and I’m sure our parents and grandparents share these sentiments,' Majewski said."

"Eric Mayer, a former West Point graduate and Army infantry officer later turned military lawyer, reviewed Majewski’s documents at AP’s request," the report continued. "He said that 'the overall nature and quality of (Majewski’s) military service can be severely questioned simply by virtue of the fact that he got out as a E-2 after four years.'"

Majewski, who is running against Rep. Marcy Kaptur (D-OH) in a newly-redrawn district that narrowly voted for former President Donald Trump, was previously best known for performing in a rap song called "Let's Go Brandon Save America," and turning his lawn into a gigantic image of Trump's face.

He has also promoted QAnon, the far-right, conspiracy theory that Trump is working to save America from a circle of Satanic child-trafficking cannibals — although he has tried to distance himself from this since getting the congressional nomination.

Read More Here:

https://apnews.com/article/2022-midterm-elections-afghanistan-ohio-campaigns-only-on-ap-14b98ee6b4e8ff023729a4498ade2ac0

Offline Rick Plant

« Reply #5970 on: September 30, 2022, 11:10:09 AM »
'That's still involvement': Reporter battles Ron Johnson on role in election overthrow plot

NBC 26 reporter Nina Sparano challenged Sen. Ron Johnson (R-WI) on his role in a plot to overthrow the 2020 presidential election results.

Johnson has previously said that his participation in the plot lasted only "seconds."

During an interview with NBC 26 this week, Johnson deflected questions about the Jan. 6 riot by pointing to violent protests that occurred during the summer of 2020.

"The news media focuses all on one day, which I condemned repeatedly," the senator said.

Sparano pressed Johnson on his participation in presenting an alternate slate of electors to then-Vice President Mike Pence in order to overturn the election results.

"I had virtually — you can't — I had no involvement," Johnson stuttered. "I received either three texts and I sent two texts or the other way around. My involvement, you know, my lack of involvement was seconds worth of texting."

"But that's still involvement," Sparano pointed out.

"But, you know, I was — was texted there had — something had to be delivered to the vice president," Johnson said. "I didn't know what it was. And was there somebody that could help arrange delivery? So then I talked to my chief of staff and he took care of it."

Johnson said he eventually discovered that Pence refused to accept the alternate slate of electors.

"That's the end of story," he insisted.

"But if he would have said yes, go ahead and deliver it, you didn't know what it was?" Sparano pressed.

"What — what — what would you do if you get a call from the president of the United States' lawyer wanting to get something to the vice president?" Johnson replied.

"But you didn't know what it was," the reporter pointed out. "Wouldn't you want to inquire what something is to hand to the vice president of the United States?"

"I didn't hand anything to the [vice president]," Johnson said. "I wasn't involved."

"But if he would have said sure," Sparano posited.

"I wasn't involved. You can make it seem — I wasn't involved," the senator repeated. "A couple texts. I few seconds of my time! I couldn't even remember what I had done, which is why it took a little while to piece it all together but, you know, we pieced it all together. I received three texts and I sent two."

Sparano wondered if Johnson's chief of staff went "rogue" in participating in the fake electors plot.

"He'd been to the White House," Johnson explained. "He knew these people. And they asked him to arrange and deliver something to the vice president. He contacted the people he knew. The vice president says we're not accepting anything. End of story."

"So, he knew what he was doing," Sparano observed.

"We weren't doing anything!" Johnson gasped. "Were we supposed to deliver something or not? Did the vice president want it? The vice president didn't. We didn't deliver anything."

Johnson went on to complain that the media was "trying to turn this into a story." He also refused to say whether he would testify if subpoenaed.

"There's nothing to subpoena me about," he asserted.

Watch video in link below:

https://www.rawstory.com/ron-johnson-fake-electors/

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #5970 on: September 30, 2022, 11:10:09 AM »

Offline Rick Plant

« Reply #5971 on: September 30, 2022, 10:02:26 PM »
Whenever there is a mass shooting in America, the Republican party screams about "mental illness" instead of addressing the root cause of the problem which are the guns that shouldn't be in the hands of violent criminals.

So yesterday, House Democrats put a bill on the House floor that addresses mental illness which Republicans continue to scream about.

If you have been paying attention to my posts you won't be surprised at the results of this House vote.

It's no surprise that EVERY single Republican (except for one) voted against addressing mental illness in the United States.

So, these right wingers use "mental health" as an excuse for why we can't ban certain assault weapons that have no business being in the hands of people on the streets. Then when Republicans can vote on a bill they constantly scream about, they vote against it.

Again, this is just more right wing political theatre. They pose and perform for the cameras but when it's time for action on legislation they all vote "NO". They have been doing this on almost every single bill that comes up for a vote which impacts the lives of Americans.

Republicans do not care about Americans and once again this "NO" vote proves it.

Offline Rick Plant

« Reply #5972 on: October 01, 2022, 10:47:01 AM »
‘He has a death wish’: Trump rages at McConnell and his ‘China loving wife’ in new Truth Social rant

Former President Donald Trump lashed out at Senate GOP Leader Mitch McConnell on Friday evening after President Joe Biden signed a bill to keep the United States government from shutting down at midnight.

The bill passed the Senate 72 to 25 on Thursday and it passed the House 230 to 201 before being signed by President Joe Biden.

"The continuing resolution extends current funding levels until Dec. 16, while also approving $12.4 billion in military and diplomatic spending to help Ukraine in its war against Russia. It also contains $18.8 billion for domestic disaster recovery efforts, including Western wildfires, floods in Kentucky and hurricanes in the Southeast," The Washington Post reported.

Trump, still permanently suspended from Twitter, complained about the deal on his Truth Social website.

"Is McConnell approving all of these trillions of dollars worth of Democrat-sponsored bills, without even the slightest bit of negotiation, because he hates Donald J. Trump, and he knows I am strongly opposed to them, or is he doing it because he believes in the fake and highly destructive green new deal, and is willing to take the country down with him?" Trump asked.

"In any event, either reason is unacceptable," Trump wrote.

"He has a DEATH WISH," Trump continued. "Must immediately seek help and advise from his China loving wife, Coco Chow!"

McConnell is married to Elaine Chao, who is Asian American. She served in Trump's cabinet as Secretary of Transportation from his first month in office until she resigned in protest on Jan. 7, 2021, citing the "traumatic and entirely avoidable" attack on the U.S. Capitol.

'Thinly-veiled incitement to violence and overt racism': Trump's Truth Social post sparks outrage

Donald Trump was permanently suspended from Twitter "due to the risk of further incitement of violence," but on Friday night took his social media approach to his Truth Social website.

Trump accused Senate GOP Leader Mitch McConnell of having a "death wish" after a government shutdown was averted.

"Must immediately seek help and advise (sic0 from his China loving wife, Coco Chow!" he said of Elaine Chow, who served in his cabinet for four years as Secretary of Transportation.

Trump's post generated outrage online.

"Nothing to see here," conservative lawyer George Conway tweeted. "Just a former president of the United States seeking to incite violence against the minority leader of the United States Senate and launching a racist verbal attack on the leader's wife."

Former federal prosecutor Shanlon Wu wrote, "Donald Trump using blatant racist tactics in his desperate attacks on McConnell by trying to ridicule Asian American former Secretary of Transportation Elaine Chow's name calling her 'Coco Chow' — [McConnell] and [GOP] should call him out and reject his racist hate — will they do it?"

"Hardly shocking that Trump would threaten Mitch McConnell by capitalizing the words 'death wish' — dog whistle invitation to Trump's extremist supporters — same Trump who believed his own VP Pence deserved to be lynched by the angry Jan. 6 mob Trump incited to violence," Wu added.

Janai Nelson, the president of the NAACP Legal Defense & Educational Fund, wrote, "I double dare all major media outlets to call this what it is: thinly-veiled incitement to violence and overt racism."

Podcaster Fred Wellman said, "Elaine Chao was Trump’s Secretary of Transportation for 4 years and he just called her the ridiculously racist nickname 'Coco Chow.' Yes…you are a racist if you still support this broken ***hole."

Jonah Goldberg, the editor-in-chief of The Dispatch, wrote, "Look, I think the gross bigotry, stupidity, dishonesty, and demagoguery of this is obvious on so many levels and I’m embarrassed for the country. But, because no one else will, I feel I have to point out he also misspelled advice."

https://twitter.com/shanlonwu/status/1576016886399057920

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #5972 on: October 01, 2022, 10:47:01 AM »

Offline Rick Plant

« Reply #5973 on: October 02, 2022, 01:17:53 AM »
Republicans are against our veterans×

Republicans suggest defunding Veteran Affairs even though it helps 9 million vets

Republican legislators are starting to suggest defunding the Department of Veteran Affairs (VA), the office founded in 1989 to assist with veteran needs. The VA assists with getting veterans mental and physical healthcare, educational opportunities, community support, and other everyday housing and living needs.

An Arizona legislator, captured on video participating in a mock congressional hearing, said he supported shutting down the department.

"That's sort of what I'm thinking because ... I hear no good stories. I had zero in my district," the legislator said in a video posted by the far-right watchdog group Patriot Takes. "So I guess it's a matter of us leading the fight to defund it."

https://twitter.com/patriottakes/status/1575915243695673345

A second video, posted by the same account, showed Republican Florida Representative Matt Gaetz advocating for defunding the VA while speaking at an event held by FreedomWorks, a conservative and libertarian advocacy group.

"This is my question to the group. Is it savable? Why not abolish the VA, take all of the money that we are otherwise spending and go to an any willing provider system inside of our communities?" Gaetz says in the video. "And then, if people get bad care, they can vote with their feet and you don't have a two-tier system of healthcare in this country with our veterans and then with everyone else."

Generally speaking, Republican policies favor the privatization of all government functions, thinking that a "small government," "free-market," "for-profit" privatization provided by a corporation can solve any market ill.

In reality, if entire communities are deprived of VA access, U.S. military veterans will be left largely on their own to get their life needs met after militaries service. Those who lack money or transportation won't be able to "vote with their feet" and find a local care provider to handle their specific issues... they'll either have to spend massive amounts to get such essential care or just go without.

https://twitter.com/BillPascrell/status/1575907581632995328

In late July, 41 Senate Republicans voted against a bill aimed at protecting veterans exposed to toxic materials during their military service. The legislation would have expanded care to 3.5 million veterans exposed to toxic burn pits. It would have also added 23 toxic and burn pit exposure-related illnesses to the VA database, Newsweek reported.

After massive blowback, Senate Republicans re-voted on the bill and helped it pass.

Patriot Takes posted the video hoping that it would encourage veterans and military members to vote in the upcoming mid-term elections.

Read More Here: https://www.newsweek.com/41-senate-republicans-voted-against-veterans-health-care-1728613

Offline Rick Plant

« Reply #5974 on: October 02, 2022, 11:31:57 PM »
'Unhinged, deranged' Trump 'may be a danger' to himself and others: GOP strategist

During an appearance on CNN's "State of the Union," Republican Party campaign consultant Scott Jennings launched a brutal attack on Donald Trump over his threatening social media post that claimed Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) has, as Trump put it, a "DEATH WISH."

Trump's universally criticized Truth Social post has also been slammed for the racist attack on former Transportation Secretary Elaine Chao, McConnell's wife, who Trump referred to as "Coco Chao."

During the panel discussion on Sunday morning, Jennings, who is close to McConnell, claimed if you heard someone like the former president rant like that on the street, you'd call the authorities at 911 before they hurt someone.

Asked about the Truth Social attack, Jennings replied, "It's hard to know where to start, with the assassination instructions or the blatant racism."

"If you read that whole thing out loud, if you were on the street and heard someone muttering that on a street corner, you wouldn't say, 'Hmm, let's hand this person the presidency or the Republican nomination for president,'" he continued. "You'd say call 911 because it sounds like an unhinged, deranged person is on the loose and out on the street and may be a danger to themselves and others."

Warming up he added, "It's outrageous, beyond the pale. Every Republican ought to be able to say so. It's not good for the party. It's not good for him."

"On the right, right now, it is really in vogue to pass around clips of Joe Biden looking like he's confused or sort of out of it, whatever," he elaborated. "You tell me that [Trump's post] doesn't sound like deranged, unhinged, confused, whatever -- it's the same. If you want to say these things about Joe Biden, look at Donald Trump's words right now and tell me this guy sounds like he's got his stuff together."

Watch:

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #5974 on: October 02, 2022, 11:31:57 PM »

Offline Rick Plant

Donald Trump Indicted!
« Reply #5975 on: March 30, 2023, 11:12:36 PM »
I always said this day would come and now it finally has. Criminal Donald has been indicted by the Manhattan grand jury.

Now lock him up for good!