Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Trump supporters and conspiracy theory - Part 2  (Read 303464 times)

Offline Joe Elliott

Re: Trump supporters and conspiracy theory - Part 2
« Reply #3368 on: January 15, 2021, 06:46:16 PM »
Advertisement

Trump Leaves Presidency with 29% Approval Rating

A new Pew Research poll finds Donald Trump is leaving the White House with the lowest job approval of his presidency — 29% — and increasingly negative ratings for his post-election conduct.

Also interesting: 68% of public does not want Trump to remain a major political figure in the future.

https://politicalwire.com/2021/01/15/trump-leaves-presidency-with-29-approval-rate/

This is a major problem for the Republican party. It will take years to recover from it. I would not be surprise if they never recover from it. Perhaps within the next twenty years, the Democratic Party will split in two and we will go back to a Two-Party system. I can’t imagine we will be using a One-Party System from here out.

The poll shows Trump is done. So what? The polls have often been wrong about Trump before. Yes, but never wildly off. They might say he is down 48 to 52 percent and end up winning 52 to 48 percent. But a 29 percent approval means he can never win again.

The results in the Georgia Senate runoff race of January 5 show that not only can’t Trump win, but any candidate who supports Trump, who is endorsed by Trump, and most importantly, espouse and make speeches claiming the 2020 election was stolen form Trump, cannot get elected. Not even:

In Georgia, which had not had a Democratic Senator since the 1990’s.
In Georgia, which no Republican candidate had ever lost a post-election runoff, even when they didn’t have the most votes in November.
In Georgia, where both Republican candidates got the most votes in November, but not 50%, but still ended up losing in January, just 9 weeks later.

And all that happened before the Capitol riot.

And yet, while a Two-to-One majority of the country is against Trump, and very likely against candidates who espouse the “Stolen Election” claim, there is still a majority of Republican voters who accept the “Stolen Election” claim. So, it looks likely that:
•   Most of the Republican candidates who publicly reject the “Stolen Election” campaign will lose the Primaries in 2022.
•   Most of the Republican candidates who publicly espouse the “Stolen Election” campaign will lose the general election in 2022 in November.

If this happens, this will be an almost unprecedented catastrophe for a major American political party, on par with the collapse of the Whig Party. The Whig Party didn’t lie to the American People. It just argued against an unjust war, the Mexican American war. This war was primarily a huge land grab that would hopefully, but didn’t, grad a lot of southern territory that would become Slave States. It grabbed a lot of territory, but except for Texas, which already had slavery, it didn’t result in a single new slave state. Not all wicked plans succeed. But it was a popular war and when it was concluded successfully, the Whigs were finished. Many Whigs, like Abraham Lincoln ended up in the Republican Party years later.

The best chance to minimize the damage to the Republican Party is for them to admit they were lying. The moderate Republicans will be able to survive the primary. Other moderate Republicans newcomers will take the place of those who lied, and the party could recover pretty quickly. But the Ted Cruz’s of the world aren’t going to sacrifice any hope of continuing on. They have no more loyalty to the Republican Party than they do to Democracy and upholding the people’s faith in Democracy, which Democracy has to have.

While the majority of Republican voters believe in this lie, but the majority of all voters don’t, the Republican Party cannot recover.

I guess the Republican candidates who have espoused the “Stolen Election” lie have figured it’s too late, they have already crossed the Rubicon, and will have to continue to espouse this. Over the coming months, I expect they will fall silent on this issue and start dodging any questions about whether the election was really stolen or not and just say we have to look ahead to the future and move on. That won’t be, I hope, good enough to allow them to survive the November 2022 vote.

If the Republican Party is finished, then while the Whig Party ended nobly, the Republican Party ended ignobly.

Abraham Lincoln: “We will nobly save, or meanly lose, the last best hope on earth.”

In 2020 we did not meanly lose this hope, but not due to the care of some ambitious and deceitful and weak and wicked politicians.
And besides, in 2021, America is hardly the last best hope on earth, and to be honest, really wasn’t in 1862. But the loss of America would be a major blow to this hope, which many Americans falsely believe has already been lost in America.

P. S. I am against Trump and his liars and his millions of believers in this lie. And I am against the lie that a conspiracy killed President Kennedy. I am against both lies because they attack the people’s belief in Democracy. If not for that, I don’t think I would have gotten so involved in the Kennedy assassination debate over the years. To me, my arguments against the Trump lies and my arguments against the conspiracy lies, are part of the same effort, to promote Democracy. But the Trump lies are an even more direct attack on Democracy than the CT lies.

If it was in my power to only stamp out the Trump Stolen Election lie or the Kennedy Assassination Conspiracy lie, but not both, I would choose to stamp out the Trump lie.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2021, 07:11:13 PM by Joe Elliott »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #3368 on: January 15, 2021, 06:46:16 PM »

Offline Joe Elliott

« Reply #3369 on: January 15, 2021, 07:16:27 PM »

Members of Congress fear that others in Congress want them dead? Conducted tours on January 5 which might have been a reconnaissance mission that could have, perhaps was designed to, result in their death?

What is this the Washington Senate or the Roman Senate?

I would like to know:
•   Which members conducted a January 5 tour?
•   Who were on that tour?
•   Did anyone on that tour go on to storm the Capitol the next day.?

I would want this investigated immediately. And I am sure it is.

Offline Rick Plant

« Reply #3370 on: January 16, 2021, 12:12:38 AM »
The right wing maga coup isn't done yet. These seditionists all need to be arrested.   

My Pillow guy's notes on 'martial law' captured by WaPo photographer -- as he entered the West Wing
https://www.rawstory.com/mike-lindell-my-pillow-guy/

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #3370 on: January 16, 2021, 12:12:38 AM »

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #3371 on: January 16, 2021, 01:38:35 AM »
It's China Don who has a secret Chinese bank account and has the Chinese Epoch Times as his propaganda outlet.

That's not what President Joe Biden said. Try again.

I quoted for you what China Joe said.  Why not just answer instead of embarrassing yourself further with this nonsense?  He called the Capitol police racist because they allegedly treated the Capitol protestors differently than they treated BLM rioters.

Offline Rick Plant

« Reply #3372 on: January 16, 2021, 03:33:20 AM »
After receiving a legal letter, conservative outlet American Thinker has issued an incredible statement admitting it published "completely false" info on Dominion that had "no basis in fact." It apologizes to readers for "abandoning" journalistic principles. https://americanthinker.com/blog/2021/01/statement.html

Dominion needs to sue the hell out of all these seditionists who lied about the bogus "election fraud" that never happened. Some need to be jailed for inciting an insurrection and attempted coup. People are dead, our Capitol was attacked by the right wing maga mob, our democracy was almost fully destroyed because of them all based on lies.

What does Michael T Griffith and Allan Fritzke have to say about this? They were pushing these same exact lies from the right wing disinformation machine known as the right wing media. It was all a big lie.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #3372 on: January 16, 2021, 03:33:20 AM »

Offline Rick Plant

« Reply #3373 on: January 16, 2021, 03:39:36 AM »
I quoted for you what China Joe said.  Why not just answer instead of embarrassing yourself further with this nonsense?  He called the Capitol police racist because they allegedly treated the Capitol protestors differently than they treated BLM rioters.

It's China Don.

You embarrass yourself in every post you make.     

President Biden never said the cops were racist.

Some of the white cops let the maga rioters into the Capitol to loot and hunt members of Congress.

At BLM protests the cops severely beat black people. 

Those are the facts.

Online Paul May

« Reply #3374 on: January 16, 2021, 06:57:51 AM »
Closing out this thread on January 20th.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #3374 on: January 16, 2021, 06:57:51 AM »

Offline Joe Elliott

« Reply #3375 on: January 16, 2021, 07:49:07 AM »
After receiving a legal letter, conservative outlet American Thinker has issued an incredible statement admitting it published "completely false" info on Dominion that had "no basis in fact." It apologizes to readers for "abandoning" journalistic principles. https://americanthinker.com/blog/2021/01/statement.html

Dominion needs to sue the hell out of all these seditionists who lied about the bogus "election fraud" that never happened. Some need to be jailed for inciting an insurrection and attempted coup. People are dead, our Capitol was attacked by the right wing maga mob, our democracy was almost fully destroyed because of them all based on lies.

What does Michael T Griffith and Allan Fritzke have to say about this? They were pushing these same exact lies from the right wing disinformation machine known as the right wing media. It was all a big lie.

From what I understand, Dominion Voting Systems is going out of business. All due to the repetitive lies from Trump and his supporters.

A voting software company lives and dies with its reputation. Gullible government decision makers, or decision makers concerned about their gullible voters, will reject this company, solely due to its bad reputation. Never mind it has passed every test whenever machine counts were compared to manual recounts. It is done.

A company with a listed revenue of $ 91 million dollars and 250 employees. There are other voting hardware and software companies, but I think other companies will hesitate to get into this business because of the threat of some unscrupulous powerful politician. Although I suspect we will never see Trump’s like again.

As an aside, I don’t think a voting software company should have “Dominion” in its name. It may suggest a company controlled by the “Deep State” to some conspiracy theorist.