Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Then went outside to watch P. parade ( Parts 1 & 2 )  (Read 214265 times)

Online Dan O'meara

Re: Then went outside to watch P. parade ( Parts 1 & 2 )
« Reply #560 on: October 20, 2020, 06:26:04 PM »
Advertisement
Relying on 50 old memory, not sure what you're trying to prove or disprove...

Not trying to prove or disprove anything. I still don't have a fixed opinion on much of this as every view seems to have a counter-view. I just find it interesting.

If Reid did not know Lee's name how did she refer to Lee as Westbrook does, as "Lee"?

That's exactly the question I'm asking but I like the way you've presented it as your own insight

"This leads to a scenario so unlikely as to be comedic" was your own assessment. Not worth a re-enactment?

Agreed, definitely worth a re-enactment, same as Adams, Styles and Dougherty. It's symptomatic of how skewed the investigation seemed to be in terms of focussing solely on Oswald's guilt (IMO)

#1 makes sense, the others don't.

#3 seems to be most people's favourite

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #560 on: October 20, 2020, 06:26:04 PM »

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #561 on: October 20, 2020, 07:23:55 PM »
All good. Reid's account of leaving the lunch room is hazy and her language squishy.....

Mr. BELIN. All right. Do you know about what time it was that you left the lunchroom, was it 12, 12:15?
Mrs. REID. I think around 12:30 somewhere along in there.
Mr. BELIN. All right. When you left the lunchroom, did you leave with the other girls?
Mrs. REID. No; I didn't. The younger girls had gone and I left alone.
Mr. BELIN. Were you the last person in the lunchroom?
Mrs. REID. No; I could not say that because I don't remember that part of it because I was going out of the building by myself, I wasn't even, you know, connected with anyone at all.
Mr. BELIN. Were there any men in the lunchroom when you left there?
Mrs. REID. I can't, I don't, remember that.
Mr. BELIN. All right.
Mrs. REID. I can't remember the time they left.
Mr. BELIN. Now, you went out from the lunchroom; turning to Exhibit 497, you went from the lunchroom through the door, which would be the west door, and then through the doorway marked number 23 on the exhibit there or did you instead go to the front?
Mrs. REID. No; I came back through the office.

So, there were men in the lunchroom....she might have left the lunchroom returning through the office with Lee carrying his coke. My contention is that this morphed into her official story after she got primed by Truly on Saturday prior to giving affidavits. Note that Westbrook has Lee initiating the conversation, reverse of what Reid testified.

Man, that is some stretch. You must be pretty good at yoga.
The main problem there is that the lunchroom was full of the 'younger girls' who all fail to mention Oswald's presence in their CE 1381's
And what's the point of morphing something like that. If you're going to lie, just lie. No need to have a basis for it.
And Westbrook hears Reid going on about the coke bottle before Oswald gets a chance to reveal this detail himself.

One thing I do think is possible is Truly priming Reid on the Saturday. Pauline Sanders talks to Reid on Sunday morning and she is now giving some garbled version of the lunchroom encounter with Oswald, Truly and Baker even though she wasn't there.

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #562 on: October 20, 2020, 07:52:52 PM »
The main problem there is that the lunchroom was full of the 'younger girls' who all fail to mention Oswald's presence in their CE 1381's

That includes Reid and Westbrook, so what does that prove?

Lee didn't need to camp in front of the vending machine prior to getting his Coke.

All girls had left prior to Reid leaving, allowing Oswald to enter "unseen".

It doesn't 'prove' anything. It just really undermines the scenario you are proposing to such an extent that it's not worth getting into.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #562 on: October 20, 2020, 07:52:52 PM »

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #563 on: October 20, 2020, 09:29:52 PM »
Should equally cool your excitement for Westbrook's 50 year old "hi-res" recollection of an incident that wasn't worth mentioning to the FBI in 1964 by any of the involved parities.

Don't be like that Otto, it's not like I'm pulling things out of thin air and weaving them into a completely unsupported narrative.

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #564 on: October 20, 2020, 10:50:09 PM »
At least I didn't claim "we know" what happened, as you did a few pages back when your happy marriage quickly fell apart:

Erm....?

Good to know you're now interested in learning stuff instead of running along with the Reid/WC two minute sprint to the second floor.

Erm....?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #564 on: October 20, 2020, 10:50:09 PM »

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #565 on: October 21, 2020, 02:07:10 AM »
"The 'evidence' I was referring to was Scranton's corroboration of Reid telling the story of her encounter with Oswald  before Oswald was even arrested. We know from Reid this encounter took place seconds after the shooting finished."

Your attempt to prove that prayer-blob is not Oswald was straight out of the WC/LN lunchroom encounter playbook spiced up with Westbrook that couldn't get the dialogue right, even adding "whether that fits in with the timeline", and cherry picked third hand Sanders thrown in for good measure -- LOL

Better luck next time.

:D
All because I didn't like your silly little made up story.

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #566 on: October 21, 2020, 01:44:01 PM »
Thanks for playing.

Just a tad too dismissive of my suggestion, gave you away.

But you need to work a lot harder on that gone-in-seconds jacket for your Ried fantasy to work!

I had every right to be dismissive of your suggestion. From some dithering in Reid's WC testimony about who was in the lunchroom when she left, you came up with a scenario in which she and Oswald are leaving the lunchroom together and this morphed into the Reid encounter. It's not based on anything and I could have been really harsh about it, which I wasn't. Instead I raised some valid criticisms about it but rather than take them on board or even consider them, you just got really pissy about it and here we are.

The jacket thing isn't a problem - he took it off for no reason, Baker was mistaken, whatever - it's Reid not knowing Oswald's name on the day of the assassination that's the problem. I'm starting to think that the Truly/Baker/Oswald encounter emerged out of Reid's story and not the other way round. It seems highly likely Truly was priming Reid with his own lunchroom encounter before Sunday. I've read somewhere Reid was Truly's secretary so they would have had a close working relationship, if true.
The thing that's always bugged me about the 2nd floor lunchroom encounter hoax theory is Baker. He seems totally separate from Truly and a 'random event'. So who is coming up with the hoax - are the SS/FBI sitting them both down and telling them "This is what we're doing", is Truly taking Baker to one side and saying "Just go along with this". The hoax can't just emerge naturally, someone has to be in the driving seat but if Westbrook's account of Reid telling the Oswald story immediately after the assassination has any credence it can't be part of the hoax. Food for thought

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #566 on: October 21, 2020, 01:44:01 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #567 on: October 21, 2020, 07:51:44 PM »
In the interview Westbrook Scranton describes running back into the TSBD.
Both Lovelady and Shelley describe Calvery as running back to the TSBD

And none of them said "in well under 30 seconds".