Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Then went outside to watch P. parade ( Parts 1 & 2 )  (Read 218143 times)

Online Dan O'meara

Re: Then went outside to watch P. parade ( Parts 1 & 2 )
« Reply #552 on: October 19, 2020, 07:51:42 PM »
Advertisement
How is that "evidence" that prayer-blob is not Oswald?
Reid's eye-witness account is evidence Oswald was in the second floor office with a full bottle of coke in his hands seconds after the shooting finished.
In Darnell we see prayer-blob in position 20-30 seconds after the shooting.
Reid's account places an incredible strain on the credulity of the idea that, if prayer-blob was Oswald, he could get from that position, up to the second floor lunchroom, get a full bottle of coke and appear nonchalantly strolling into the second floor office in the time allotted.
It stretches that credulity to breaking point.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #552 on: October 19, 2020, 07:51:42 PM »

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #553 on: October 19, 2020, 07:52:39 PM »
So what happened to his jacket?

Think it through, Dan.

How is that related to Mrs Reid's ability to identify Oswald?
« Last Edit: July 10, 2022, 10:16:23 AM by Dan O'meara »

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #554 on: October 19, 2020, 08:37:49 PM »
You're talking November 22nd, 1963, right?

yes

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #554 on: October 19, 2020, 08:37:49 PM »

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #555 on: October 20, 2020, 01:04:07 AM »
Mr. DULLES - Lighter brown did you say, I am just asking what you said. I couldn't quite hear.
Mr. BAKER - Yes, sir; all I can remember it was in my recollection of it it was a light brown jacket.

vs.

Mr. BELIN. Do you remember whether he had any shirt or jacket on over his T-shirt?
Mrs. REID. He did not. He did not have any jacket on.

How many seconds later was that?

Yeah Otto, I understand the point you're making but how does Oswald not having a jacket on affect Reid's identification of him?

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #556 on: October 20, 2020, 01:38:19 AM »
Just a follow on thought about the Reid story that Karen Westbrook Scranton tells 'starting 29:17 in the below video:

She seems unequivocal that Reid specifically mentioned Oswald in her story but looking at Reid's WC testimony, she is also equivocal that she didn't know Oswald's name on the day of the assassination so how could she be talking about him in the hour after the assassination. In her testimony she states:

Mrs. REID. No; very seldom unless they are sent up there to get something. I mean they just don't come in there and wander around. It is some business for them.
Now, I did see him in the lunchroom a few times prior to this eating his lunch but I didn't even know his name.
Mr. BELIN. Did you know his name on the day you saw him?
Mrs. REID. No; I did not. When I saw his picture I still didn't know his name until they told us who it was.
Mr. BELIN. How did you know the person you saw was Lee Harvey Oswald on the second floor?
Mrs. REID. Because it looked just like him.
Mr. BELIN. You mean the picture with the name Lee Harvey Oswald?

So, at some point she was shown a picture of Oswald and could then put a name to the face but I find it hard to imagine that someone had a picture of Oswald available so soon after the shooting to show TSBD employees (obviously I could be completely wrong).
On the flip side of that, if she wasn't shown a picture of Oswald before she went home she must surely have seen him on the TV at some point over the weekend and would have recognised from that and not a photo someone had shown her.
Not sure what to make of it.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #556 on: October 20, 2020, 01:38:19 AM »

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #557 on: October 20, 2020, 10:32:43 AM »
What you can make of it is that Reid is FoS.

If Oswald was a nobody that nobody cared about why would she suddenly, on the 22nd, refer to this conversation?

Geneva Hine, who remained on the 2nd floor, destroys Reid's story and that's why Hine was not part of Belin's fake reenactment which only included Reid.

Very succinctly put Otto but there are one or two issues your searing insight has overlooked.
The problem isn't Reid, it's Westbrook. Watch the interview and see what you make of it. I get the distinct impression she is absolutely certain about this incident, I don't see how she can be 'misremembering' something so specific.
As for Geneva Hine, I'm afraid you're not quite correct. As is so often the case in this arena there is a 'grey area', even in the smallest of details.
At the all important moment that Reid and Oswald are having their 'potential' interaction, Hine is not in the office. She's banging on a door elsewhere. This leads to a scenario so unlikely as to be comedic but it unfortunately exists.
And the bottom line is, you don't actually know why Hine is left out of the re-enactment although you may well be correct.

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #558 on: October 20, 2020, 05:16:15 PM »
Why is Westbrook the  problem?

Because if Reid is FoS how can Westbrook be confirming that Reid was telling this story about the encounter with Oswald before Oswald was even arrested.

Which might have been resolved during a reenactment.

Maybe Shmaybe (I don't know how else to respond to such a watery statement)

Can you come up with any plausible explanation for not including Hine in a re-enactment?

I can come up with two off the top of my head:

1) The presence of Hine might have revealed something untoward about the plausibility of Reid's story
2) She wasn't there so is of no importance

[3) Something else vague and made up to suit whatever way I want to look at it]

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #558 on: October 20, 2020, 05:16:15 PM »

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #559 on: October 20, 2020, 05:18:28 PM »
After thought - does anyone know if the FBI were showing a picture of Oswald to TSBD employees in the immediate aftermath of the shooting?