Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Then went outside to watch P. parade ( Parts 1 & 2 )  (Read 214237 times)

Offline Alan Ford

Re: Then went outside to watch P. parade ( Parts 1 & 2 )
« Reply #200 on: August 02, 2020, 09:02:33 PM »
Advertisement
CT Trial of Lee Harvey Oswald

Mr Oswald: I'm innocent
CT Judge: Okay, you can go
Mr Oswald: [SMIRK]

Captain Fritz: Where were you when the President passed the building?
Mr Oswald: I was outside.

WC counsel: Where did Oswald say he was when the President passed the building?
Captain Fritz: He said he was inside.

Good enough for Mr Chapman!  :D

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #200 on: August 02, 2020, 09:02:33 PM »

Online Alan J. Ford

• RFK's Final Journey
« Reply #201 on: August 02, 2020, 09:07:43 PM »

Oh noooo! Say it ain't so, Captain Fritz...amazing what some people will do & say for thirty pieces of silver. Thank goodness for all the honest to goodness Frank Serpicos who couldn't be bought.

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #202 on: August 02, 2020, 09:13:21 PM »
Oh noooo! Say it ain't so, Captain Fritz...amazing what some people will do & say for thirty pieces of silver. Thank goodness for all the honest to goodness Frank Serpicos who couldn't be bought.

I can't help wondering did Agent Hosty deliberately leave his draft report in his notes, secure in the knowledge that it would meet the daylight of day sooner or later... It is striking how he never backed up the claim that Mr Oswald talked about any post-assassination second-floor lunchroom encounter with a cop and Mr Truly.

Thumb1:

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #202 on: August 02, 2020, 09:13:21 PM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #203 on: August 02, 2020, 09:17:58 PM »
Was he in the lunchroom or inside the lunchroom?

Was he in the lunchroom or inside the lunchroom?

In or inside

Where was Oswald at 12:30-ish that afternoon?
1) In the lunchroom/inside the lunchroom
2) In the sniper's nest/inside the sniper's nest

Used in a sentence

1) Oswald was in the sniper's nest at 12:30-ish and in a lunchroom some 75-90 seconds later
2) Oswald was inside the sniper's nest at 12:30-ish and inside a lunchroom some 75-90 seconds later

Was it an inside job?
Was Oswald 'in with the in-crowd?'
« Last Edit: August 02, 2020, 10:13:38 PM by Bill Chapman »

Online Alan J. Ford

• RFK's Final Journey
« Reply #204 on: August 02, 2020, 10:02:14 PM »
I can't help wondering did Agent Hosty deliberately leave his draft report in his notes, secure in the knowledge that it would meet the daylight of day sooner or later... It is striking how he never backed up the claim that Mr Oswald talked about any post-assassination second-floor lunchroom encounter with a cop and Mr Truly.

Thumb1:

Men of honour have a way of appeasing the prevalent winds of their day while simultaneously leaving discreet clues to challenge treason when they witness it. Courage & integrity like theirs doesn't grow on trees.

Sdebar: Should you venture back this way Mr. Ford, no need to respond to this sidebar addendum, but for clarification sake and, of course, in fairness to you & those reading along just wanted you to be aware that my initial interest into the JFK assassination came about in May, 2014. In those days, I was able to register a forum membership in my name without the use of my middle initial. Though I was a young puppy then, I dared to jump over in the deep end of the pool so to speak. My avatar then featured Charlton Heston upon a horse drawn chariot right out of the movie Ben Hur. In those days, given my then puppy status I use to make some pretty wild statements like, quote, "Mr. Oswald couldn't even beat Barney Fife in an armed wrestling match let alone kill somebody". Of course, to their credit, the savvy veterans, especially the LNs who I respect nevertheless, would reign me in and place me on a tight leash so to speak, resulting in more than a few PM's in my box "setting me straight". The late Gary Mack (RIP) would remind me often how wrong I was, how clueless I was, etc, may he rest in peace anyway.

I ended up leaving this forum in early January, 2015 to write a book on a non-related subject. Long story short, several years later when I attempted to rejoin here, Mr. Ford, you had already signed on, thus I resorted to using my middle initial. If at any time you feel a tinge of discomfort with the similarities in our names posting on here, just PM me and I'll respectfully leave once again. At this point, I pretty much think everyone here knows my position anyway & where I stand on the innocence of the framed party. Whatever you decide no harm, no foul, I have complete trust in the direction your exemplary research is headed.

Signing off here for now. Best wishes to all to remain safe, well and healthy amid the ongoing pandemic challenges we are facing. Back next weekend G-d willing to reengage. Remember, Mr. Ford, just PM me and I'll take the necessary action moving forward, remaining here in spite of the similarities in our names or leave once again. Stay sharp, Cheers M8.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #204 on: August 02, 2020, 10:02:14 PM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #205 on: August 02, 2020, 10:29:16 PM »

'Captain Fritz: Where were you when the President passed the building?
Mr Oswald: I was outside.'

> Captain Fritz: Where were you when the President passed the building?
Mr Oswald: I was outside [SMIRK].

There, fixed it for ya.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2020, 10:37:48 PM by Bill Chapman »

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #206 on: August 02, 2020, 11:44:53 PM »
It's a simple matter of semantics, Oswald was well read and under the circumstances chose his words carefully.

Then I went outside to watch the parade. (Oswald here is using future tense to imply that he had no idea what was happening outside)

Or would Oswald use past tense to describe an action that he completed.

Then I went outside and watched the parade. (Oswald knew he couldn't say this because nobody could possibly see Oswald because he was in the building like he agreed to.

And again while answering the reporter we have Oswald who had no alibi not elaborating his precise location.

Reporter: Did you shoot the President?
Oswald: I work in that building.
Reporter: Were you in that building at the time?
Oswald: Naturally if I work in that building, yes sir.

Or if indeed Oswald was on the steps wouldn't Oswald use the same logical language "of being outside" that the other eyewitnesses who were on the steps used and thus would give Oswald a rock solid alibi?

Reporter: Did you shoot the President?
Oswald: I work in that building.
Reporter: Were you in that building at the time?
Oswald: No, I was outside on the steps.

JohnM
« Last Edit: August 03, 2020, 12:04:12 AM by John Mytton »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #206 on: August 02, 2020, 11:44:53 PM »

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #207 on: August 03, 2020, 12:00:44 AM »
I guess when Ford is on the steps to his house, he's IN his house. Then when he actually unlocks the door and steps forward, he's INSIDE the house.  ::)

This is the dimension of imagination, Welcome to the Twilight Zone!

JohnM