Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Then went outside to watch P. parade ( Parts 1 & 2 )  (Read 219378 times)

Online Martin Weidmann

Re: Then went outside to watch P. parade ( Parts 1 & 2 )
« Reply #160 on: July 30, 2020, 10:17:21 AM »
Advertisement
  So you also believe Oswald being Q/A'd about the phony ID is also fabricated?

No, it doesn't have to be. First of all, we don't know what was actually said as there is no verbatim record. According to his report, written a week after the events, Fritz asked Oswald about the Hidell name, but he never showed him the actual document found in the wallet that Gus Rose was given. So, the Q/A could well be authentic, as far as the name is concerned, although there is no possible way to verify that. And without that verification, the Q/A, if it ever took place, can not support the conclusion that the Hidell ID card came from the wallet that was taken from Oswald in the car by Paul Bentley.

Btw, what is this BS about what I "also believe". Stop trying to put words in my mouth. Besides, it doesn't matter what I believe.

I look at the actual evidence and find that there is no mention of a Hidell ID having been found in the wallet taken from Oswald in the car in any first day DPD report. Paul Bentley went on television the day after Oswald's arrest and he claims that he found the "usual items" such as a credit card and a driver's license in the wallet, but no mention of a second ID.

As if that, by itself, isn't already strange enough, there also is no chain of custody at all for the wallet taken from Oswald. It simply disappears for a while without a trace. That's a totally incomprehensible state of affairs, given the fact that the Hidell ID plays such a significant part in the purchases of the rifle and revolver.... and, I might add, nothing else!

Then we get to the Gus Rose story. He testifies that he was off duty and that he was called in after Kennedy was murdered. When he arrived at the station, Oswald had already been brought in. For some, inexplicable reason, Rose, who was not involved in the arrest and thus had no direct involvement in the case, suddenly gets handed a wallet by a to this day unidentified uniformed officer (Rose thinks might have been "the patrolman who brought him in") who tells him it's Oswald's wallet. The problem with that is, that the officers who brought Oswald to the police station were all plainclothes detectives.

Just like they allegedly "found" the bus ticket and spare bullets for the revolver on Oswald, some three hours after he was brought in and first searched (they missed those items in the first search? Really?), and just like Hill allegedly walked around with the revolver taken from Oswald at the Texas Theater for two hours or so, before presenting a revolver to some men in the DPD lunchroom, as being Oswald's revolver, and just like the white jacket found at a carpark, with, again, no chain of custody, suddenly turning up, back in Westbrook's possession, as a grey jacket with initials on it of DPD officers who never actually handled the jacket.... this wallet suddenly showing up out of nowhere at the police station raises serious questions about the validity of the physical evidence.

Now add to the mix the story about the wallet found at the Tippit murder scene, which did contain two ID's; one for Oswald and the other for Hidell. LNs are quick to deny it's existence, but the fact remains there was mention of a second wallet linked to Oswald and the person who found this particular wallet was an uniformed policeofficer named Croy.

A good defense lawyer would have a field day with this information!

« Last Edit: July 30, 2020, 10:34:34 AM by Martin Weidmann »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #160 on: July 30, 2020, 10:17:21 AM »

Offline Gerry Down

« Reply #161 on: July 30, 2020, 10:35:26 AM »
Actually the famous wallet footage to me doesn't even look like a wallet. Its not Oswalds anyway cos as Dale Myers pointed out, small details are different on the wallet than the wallet Oswald owned.

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #162 on: July 30, 2020, 04:52:45 PM »
Actually the famous wallet footage to me doesn't even look like a wallet. Its not Oswalds anyway cos as Dale Myers pointed out, small details are different on the wallet than the wallet Oswald owned.

Which wallet?  He allegedly had several.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #162 on: July 30, 2020, 04:52:45 PM »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #163 on: July 30, 2020, 09:35:36 PM »

Actually the famous wallet footage to me doesn't even look like a wallet.

Doesn't matter what it looks like to you. FBI agent Bob Barrett confirms there was a wallet and he was at the scene and actually saw it. That trumps what you think.

Its not Oswalds anyway cos as Dale Myers pointed out

Myers can point out anything he likes, but he wasn't there and thus only has an opinion and a biased opinion at that.

small details are different on the wallet than the wallet Oswald owned.

On what wallet are the details different than on Oswald's wallet?

How can those two wallets be compared when only one wallet (claimed to be Oswald's) is in the National Archive?

How in the world does Myers even know which wallet is Oswald's?
« Last Edit: July 30, 2020, 09:37:46 PM by Martin Weidmann »

Offline Frederick Clements

« Reply #164 on: July 31, 2020, 05:03:21 PM »
 The mere fact that this note was hidden from public view for decades is enough to tell us something.

Fred

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #164 on: July 31, 2020, 05:03:21 PM »

Online Alan J. Ford

• RFK's Final Journey
« Reply #165 on: July 31, 2020, 11:33:58 PM »
Mr. LOVELADY - Well, I went over and got my lunch and went upstairs and got a coke and come on back down.

This probably accounts for the coke bottle on the steps.

That is a possibility, Mr. O'meara, but given Mr. Lovelady's penchant for lying, and the fact his testimony came five months after the assassination ----->

The testimony of Billy Nolan Lovelady was taken at 3:50 p.m., on April 7, 1964, in the office of the U.S. attorney, 301 Post Office Building, Bryan and Ervay Streets, Dallas, Tex., by Messrs. Joseph A. Ball and Samuel A. Stern, assistant counsel of the President's Commission.

it wouldn't surprise that the mechanisms by then to remove any trace of Prayer Man standing there out front in the entrance would already be well underway, thus his coke bottle morphs into yet another misleading falsehood to remove him from the scene.

Online Alan J. Ford

• RFK's Final Journey
« Reply #166 on: July 31, 2020, 11:38:37 PM »
Then went outside to watch P. parade -- Lee Harvey Oswald

If Oswald said that, then it must be true

Mr. Chapman, please view the astute response by Mr. Ford in Reply No. 133 within this thread (pg 14)

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #166 on: July 31, 2020, 11:38:37 PM »

Online Alan J. Ford

• RFK's Final Journey
« Reply #167 on: August 01, 2020, 12:01:45 AM »
The mere fact that this note was hidden from public view for decades is enough to tell us something.

Fred

Well said, Mr. Clements, an astute assessment.

Anything revealing the truth about his innocence would certainly be hidden. A very telling dynamic. The wrongly accused didn't shoot anybody. Anybody.