Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Then went outside to watch P. parade ( Parts 1 & 2 )  (Read 214252 times)

Offline Joffrey van de Wiel

Re: Then went outside to watch P. parade ( Parts 1 & 2 )
« Reply #88 on: July 23, 2020, 07:31:19 PM »
Advertisement
It could be a smoker, yes. I use both hands to light up, indoors or out.

Back then, almost everybody smoked, but Oswald didn't. Does the light suddenly disappear in the rest of the footage, i.e. the lighter was switched off?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #88 on: July 23, 2020, 07:31:19 PM »

Offline Gerry Down

« Reply #89 on: July 23, 2020, 07:41:13 PM »
The head bobs down. I think he's taking a picture. People bob their head down when putting a camera up to their face.

Online Royell Storing

« Reply #90 on: July 23, 2020, 07:52:17 PM »

Yeah, there is a possible Head Bob. Problem is, when lighting a cigarette back in "63" when there was Not Bic Lighters emitting a Blow Torch Flame, people normally used matchbook matches and covered/cupped the flame and cigarette with Both Hands. The covering of the Flame/Cigarette with the hands would Not permit a camera from capturing the Flame/Glow on film.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #90 on: July 23, 2020, 07:52:17 PM »

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #91 on: July 23, 2020, 09:00:53 PM »
  Yeah, there is a possible Head Bob. Problem is, when lighting a cigarette back in "63" when there was Not Bic Lighters emitting a Blow Torch Flame, people normally used matchbook matches and covered/cupped the flame and cigarette with Both Hands. The covering of the Flame/Cigarette with the hands would Not permit a camera from capturing the Flame/Glow on film.
The size of the flame is an artefact of enhancement and the cupping issue was dealt with. Read the post. What's your take on the light source?

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #92 on: July 23, 2020, 09:07:13 PM »
And you're right, they didn't have Bic lighters in '63. They had serious lighters:

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #92 on: July 23, 2020, 09:07:13 PM »

Online Royell Storing

« Reply #93 on: July 23, 2020, 09:58:20 PM »
And you're right, they didn't have Bic lighters in '63. They had serious lighters:

Yeah, these are the lighters that Bogey made famous back when he was lighting up Bacall. Some were stand alone eye catchers that sat on a coffee table. The flame emitted by these lighters is Minimal in Height as well as Brightness. I will say this in your favor, IF someone that was employed in the TSBD had a lighter such as You have displayed, it would be a Woman and when Not in use it would rest inside her purse with her Compact. Knockarounds like Lovelady, Frazier, etc did Not carry lighters like this around.

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #94 on: July 23, 2020, 10:13:31 PM »

Yeah, these are the lighters that Bogey made famous back when he was lighting up Bacall. Some were stand alone eye catchers that sat on a coffee table. The flame emitted by these lighters is Minimal in Height as well as Brightness. I will say this in your favor, IF someone that was employed in the TSBD had a lighter such as You have displayed, it would be a Woman and when Not in use it would rest inside her purse with her Compact. Knockarounds like Lovelady, Frazier, etc did Not carry lighters like this around.

I'm pretty sure Zippo Lighters like the silver one at the top have a large flame. As for the 'Brightness' of flames in the '60's, not really sure you know what you're talking about but you may be an expert in such matters for all I know.
Still no thought on the light source itself?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #94 on: July 23, 2020, 10:13:31 PM »

Online Royell Storing

« Reply #95 on: July 23, 2020, 10:31:00 PM »

There has been so much manipulation of the JFK Assassination images in general, I kinda shake my head at the brightness your whatever that image you proffered shows. When I look at that image undoctored, my thought is I am seeing a White Styrofoam cup. These throwaway cups were usually stacked next to the large coffee pots that used to sit in break rooms, lobby's, cafeterias, etc. A person drinking coffee out of a White Styrofoam Cup would also account for the head tilting back and forth.