Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Then went outside to watch P. parade ( Parts 1 & 2 )  (Read 220730 times)

Offline Alan Ford

Re: Then went outside to watch P. parade ( Parts 1 & 2 )
« Reply #2280 on: March 12, 2023, 03:01:49 PM »
Advertisement
So! I have a simple question: Was Mr. Charles Givens dressed in light blue clothing that day?

Disaster One:

Officer Baker mentions to other law enforcement the man-who-works-here whom he and the building manager caught walking away from the rear stairway several floors up.

Mr. Truly, his back against the wall, at some point is forced to make an identification of this man-who-works-here: he throws Mr. Oswald to the wolves.

Disaster Two:

Word reaches law enforcement that a black manual worker name of Givens has been saying he saw Oswald at the time of the shooting.

'Where did he see him?'
'Front steps.'
'Uh oh.......... We gotta get a hold of this Givens fellow, pronto. The fact that he has a police record should work in our favor.'

Thumb1:

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2280 on: March 12, 2023, 03:01:49 PM »

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #2281 on: March 12, 2023, 05:58:34 PM »
Word reaches law enforcement that a black manual worker name of Givens has been saying he saw Oswald at the time of the shooting.

'Where did he see him?'
'Front steps.'
'Uh oh.......... We gotta get a hold of this Givens fellow, pronto. The fact that he has a police record should work in our favor.'

Mr. SAWYER. No. There is another broadcast in there somewhere, though. I put out another description on the colored boy that worked in that department.
Mr. BELIN. What do you mean the colored boy that worked in that depository?
Mr. SAWYER. He is one that had a previous record in the narcotics, and he was supposed to have been a witness to the man being on that floor. He was supposed to have been a witness to Oswald being there.
Mr. BELIN. Would Charles Givens have been that boy?
Mr. SAWYER. Yes, I think that is the name, and I put out a description on him.
Mr. BELIN. How do you know he was supposed to be a witness on that?
Mr. SAWYER. Somebody told me that. Somebody came to me with the information. And again, that particular party, whoever it was, I don't know. I remember that a deputy sheriff came up to me who had been over taking these affidavits, that I sent them over there, and he came over from the sheriff's office with a picture and a description of this colored boy and he said that he was supposed to have worked at the Texas Book Depository, and he was the one employee who was missing, or he was missing from the building.
He wasn't accounted for, and that he was suppose to have some information about the man that did the shooting.
Mr. BELIN. When you say about the man who did the shooting, did you know at that time who did the shooting?
Mr. SAWYER. No.

Sawyer, Sawyer, pants on fire!

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #2282 on: March 12, 2023, 06:13:05 PM »
Mr. BALL. Where is the last place you saw Givens?
Mr. TRULY. The last place I remember seeing Givens was in the middle of the crossing, in the middle of Houston Street.
Mr. BALL. Walking in which direction?
Mr. TRULY. Walking east.
Mr. BALL. Walking east on the north side of Elm?
Mr. TRULY. North side of Elm--he had not completely crossed the Houston Street.

How wonderfully observant of you, Mr. Truly!

Mr. TRULY. When I noticed this boy was missing, I told Chief Lumpkin that "We have a man here that's missing." I said, "It my not mean anything, but he isn't here." I first called down to the other warehouse and had Mr. Akin pull the application of the boy so I could get--quickly get his address in Irving and his general description, so I could be more accurate than I would be.
Mr. BALL. Was he the only man missing?
Mr. TRULY. The only one I noticed at that time. Now, I think there was one or two more, possibly Charles Givens, but I had seen him out in front walking up the street just before the firing of the gun.

Oops!

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2282 on: March 12, 2023, 06:13:05 PM »

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #2283 on: March 13, 2023, 02:07:13 AM »
Mr. Oswald is on the fourth step up, which would appear to put Mr. Lovelady, when he makes his fleeting leaning appearance in Hughes, up on the landing:

Which brings us back to the riddle of Towner!

This, I think, is Ms. Madie Reese:

And here's the object flapping furiously:

For the longest time, I thought THIS was somebody in the background being revealed when the object flapped up:

But watching the clip slowed down, I now believe it's actually the flapping object itself, unfurled into its square/rectangular shape:

What in the heck is this object? A flag??

:-\

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #2284 on: March 13, 2023, 02:18:27 AM »
For the longest time, I thought THIS was somebody in the background being revealed when the object flapped up:

But watching the clip slowed down, I now believe it's actually the flapping object itself, unfurled into its square/rectangular shape

However!

This does NOT mean that there is nobody standing behind the flapping object:

This is--------------I believe------------the right leg of Mr. Billy Lovelady. And we can see some of the left leg too just left of Ms. Reese. The height seems right for where we are but instants away from seeing Mr. Lovelady in Bell.

But.............. his upper body has been blacked out. (Two Loveladys in the doorway: not allowed!)

There seems simply no other logical explanation for how we go from these Towner frames straight into these Bell frames:

Thumb1:
« Last Edit: March 14, 2023, 01:22:18 PM by Alan Ford »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2284 on: March 13, 2023, 02:18:27 AM »

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #2285 on: March 13, 2023, 02:44:18 AM »

What in the heck is this object? A flag??

Well, here's a thought...................

Remember that strange flash in Towner which I noted a few pages back? You know, the one that comes right in the place where Mr. Oswald is?

Now look at the blend of white and blue we see just in front of Mr. Lovelady in Bell:

Sure don't look to me like foliage:

Now look at this:

Is Mr. Oswald waving a Cuban flag at the P. Parade, and taking a photograph of his protest as he does so?

It would explain a lot, starting with his trip to the Paine home the previous evening..................

Thumb1:

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #2286 on: March 13, 2023, 03:10:43 AM »

Is Mr. Oswald waving a Cuban flag at the P. Parade, and taking a photograph of his protest as he does so?

The left shoulder/raised left arm of the black man in front of Mr. Oswald partially obscuring the red side of the flag. But only partially!

Has the flag caught Pres. Kennedy's eye?

Thumb1:

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2286 on: March 13, 2023, 03:10:43 AM »

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #2287 on: March 13, 2023, 11:17:16 AM »
'This is ridiculous! There's no reason to think that's a flag!'

Really? What do you say it might be then?
A handkerchief? Nope, too big for a handkerchief-----this is clearly wider than the breadth of the black man in front of Mr. Oswald.
A lady's scarf? Nope, there is no woman there to wave it (Ms. Reese's empty right hand is busy shielding her eyes).
A jacket? Nope, it forms too perfect a rectangle when not flapping furiously.
So................ what then, if not a flag?

'LHO holding up a Cuban flag? That's quite a reach!'

Really? Which part is a reach?

The LHO bit? Well, we know Mr. Oswald is right there beside/behind it, and the only other possible person who could be holding it (the black man in front) does not look to be pumping his arm left and right.

The flag bit? See my first point above.

The Cuban bit? Ask yourself: If Mr. Lee Harvey Oswald were to wave any flag at a passing U.S. President, which flag do you think he would wave? Bit of a no brainer, dontcha think?

Friends, I invite you to picture Mr. Oswald, standing in the selfsame spot we have just seen him at in Hughes, holding out his left arm and moving the flag from side to side. The wind, as well as the basic physics of flag-waving, mean that the flag goes back and forth between a state of furious flapping and one of being more smoothly visible. Which is exactly what we see here:

Note the stable position of Mr. Oswald as he comes in and out of visibility just behind the flag---------in the EXACT same place we have seen him not two seconds ago in Hughes.

Now! I talked about Mr. Oswald holding the flag in his left hand. But how exactly is he holding it up? If he is clutching it at its top right corner (=right-hand side from his perspective), it will just hang down in a collapsed mess.

No, there must be something solid that has been attached to the right-hand side of the flag, and Mr. Oswald must be gripping that something in his left hand. Something like a piece of wood. Something like a metal bar. Something like a-----------------curtain rod.

Thumb1:
« Last Edit: March 14, 2023, 01:25:52 PM by Alan Ford »