Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Then went outside to watch P. parade ( Parts 1 & 2 )  (Read 219453 times)

Offline Walt Cakebread

Re: Then went outside to watch P. parade ( Parts 1 & 2 )
« Reply #1704 on: September 17, 2021, 05:23:20 PM »
Advertisement
Now!

Mr Roy Truly, as quoted in the New York Herald Tribune, 11/27/63, talking about Officer Baker:

Ain't it interesting that the SS's own belief that Mr Oswald was seen SITTING in the lunchroom-----------

-------------tallies so perfectly with what Mr Truly told the press at this time?

Friends, we are a long, long, long way away here from Officer Baker's 11/22/63 affidavit account:

"As we reached the 3rd or 4th floor I saw a man walking away from the stairway. I called to the man & he turned around & came back toward me."

A couple of weeks after the assassination,  Roy Truly was interviewed by a reporter from the magazine US News and the reporter quoted Truly as saying that Lee Oswald was sitting at a table in the second floor lunchroom, drinking a coke, when DPD officer Baker confronted him.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #1704 on: September 17, 2021, 05:23:20 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #1705 on: September 17, 2021, 06:36:50 PM »
This is a VERY astute observation, Mr Cakebread!  Thumb1:

Mr. Baker. I ran on up here and opened this door and when I got this door opened I could see him walking on down.
(...)
Mr. Belin. Did you notice what clothes the man was wearing as he came up to you?
Mr. Baker. At that particular time I was looking at his face, and it seemed to me like he had a light brown jacket on and maybe some kind of white-looking shirt. Anyway, as I noticed him walking away from me, it was kind of dim in there that particular day, and it was hanging out to his side.

"That particular day", lol

This most certainly does NOT describe the lunchroom:

However! Has Officer Baker just given us an important clue as to which floor he really encountered a light-brown-jacket-wearing man who was walking away from the stairway?-----------------------

The fourth floor??

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #1706 on: September 17, 2021, 06:40:48 PM »
Now!

Mr Roy Truly, as quoted in the New York Herald Tribune, 11/27/63, talking about Officer Baker:

Ain't it interesting that the SS's own belief that Mr Oswald was seen SITTING in the lunchroom-----------

-------------tallies so perfectly with what Mr Truly told the press at this time?

Friends, we are a long, long, long way away here from Officer Baker's 11/22/63 affidavit account:

"As we reached the 3rd or 4th floor I saw a man walking away from the stairway. I called to the man & he turned around & came back toward me."

Imagine the NYTs getting a detail wrong! LOL.  And they had a "snack bar" at the TSBD?  Was that next to the sauna?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #1706 on: September 17, 2021, 06:40:48 PM »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #1707 on: September 17, 2021, 06:42:17 PM »
A couple of weeks after the assassination,  Roy Truly was interviewed by a reporter from the magazine US News and the reporter quoted Truly as saying that Lee Oswald was sitting at a table in the second floor lunchroom, drinking a coke, when DPD officer Baker confronted him.
It would not matter if LHO was standing up, sitting down or standing on his head...the idea that he just decided to run down to the lunchroom and calmly get a nice refreshing soda after supposedly shooting at the president and hiding a rifle is just plain silly.
Now I understand that Gerald Ford performed the feat of starting at the 6th floor stairs and clomped down to the 2nd floor lunchroom in 40 seconds. ....so what?

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #1708 on: September 17, 2021, 06:51:13 PM »
It would not matter if LHO was standing up, sitting down or standing on his head...the idea that he just decided to run down to the lunchroom and calmly get a nice refreshing soda after supposedly shooting at the president and hiding a rifle is just plain silly.
Now I understand that Gerald Ford performed the feat of starting at the 6th floor stairs and clomped down to the 2nd floor lunchroom in 40 seconds. ....so what?

The idea of the Boston bomber getting into a boat in someone's backyard is a silly idea.  Obviously, Oswald did not decide to run down to the lunchroom and buy a soda after shooting JFK.  He was heading down the stairs to escape, heard someone heading up the stairs, and he headed toward the lunchroom to avoid detection.  The soda is a prop just like the clipboard that he carrying around on the 6th floor to give him the appearance of having a reason to be there unless you think Old Lee was real thirsty and guzzled it because he is out the door of the building and on a bus down the street just minutes later with no soda.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #1708 on: September 17, 2021, 06:51:13 PM »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #1709 on: September 17, 2021, 07:01:22 PM »
The idea of the Boston bomber getting into a boat in someone's backyard is a silly idea. Obviously, Oswald did not decide to run down to the lunchroom and buy a soda after shooting JFK.  He was heading down the stairs to escape, heard someone heading up the stairs, and he headed toward the lunchroom to avoid detection.  The soda is a prop just like the clipboard that he carrying around on the 6th floor to give him the appearance of having a reason to be there unless you think Old Lee was real thirsty and guzzled it because he is out the door of the building and on a bus down the street just minutes later with no soda.
  Ah the time traveling Richard Smith...shoulda been a writer for the Warren Report.
The soda was just a prop
:D
 The Boston bomber was --hiding. Not a silly idea...a desperate one. Or was the boat just a prop?

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #1710 on: September 17, 2021, 07:18:54 PM »

the idea that he just decided to run down to the lunchroom and calmly get a nice refreshing soda after supposedly shooting at the president and hiding a rifle is just plain silly.

This is one for " Ripley's Believe it or Not"

Believe it or not Jerry....When Curry first learned of Baker's encounter with Lee Oswald in the lunchroom.....he told reporters that Oswald was such a fiend that when Baker confronted him he was calmly drinking a Coca Cola just seconds after he had murdered the president.   That's the spin that Curry put on the lunchroom encounter.....and that caused a huge problem because Curry had acknowledged that Lee was DRINKING A COKE at the time that Baker burst into the lunchroom. When the WC "investigators" re-enacted  Lee Harrrrrrvey Osssssswald's flight from the "Sniper's Nest" to the second floor lunchroom they discoveed that there simply wasn't enough time for Lee to have got the coke from the vending machine prior to Baker's arrival.
So Curry's  statement had to be expunged.....     

As you've pointed out the idea that Lee was calmly drinking a coke to celebrate his deed is completely insane ...but the fact that it happened, highlights the lengths they would go to to frame Lee Oswald.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2021, 07:26:39 PM by Walt Cakebread »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #1710 on: September 17, 2021, 07:18:54 PM »

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #1711 on: September 17, 2021, 07:41:45 PM »
  Ah the time traveling Richard Smith...shoulda been a writer for the Warren Report. :D
 The Boston bomber was --hiding. Not a silly idea...a desperate one. Or was the boat just a prop?

This is not rocket science.  Oswald was attempting to avoid detection by exiting the stairs, entering the lunchroom, and appearing to be drinking a soda.  His pause for a soda was not part of a "plan" any more than the Boston bomber planned to hide in a boat.  Get it?  And what happened to Oswald's soda since he is making tracks for the bus within moments of his encounter with Baker.  Do you think he bought it in anticipation of leaving immediately to get a bus and tossed it?  It's never seen again by the witnesses who encounter him like Mrs. Reid. 
« Last Edit: September 17, 2021, 07:44:35 PM by Richard Smith »