Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Then went outside to watch P. parade ( Parts 1 & 2 )  (Read 219622 times)

Offline Walt Cakebread

Re: Then went outside to watch P. parade ( Parts 1 & 2 )
« Reply #1136 on: January 27, 2021, 10:31:24 PM »
Advertisement
Well, for one thing, Stanton was 4 years older than Shelley.

Soooo...??

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #1136 on: January 27, 2021, 10:31:24 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #1137 on: January 27, 2021, 11:07:47 PM »
I've noticed you are really pedantic about little details and I wonder if you're familiar with the concept of sarcasm. Sarcasm can be seen as saying something that  is completely the opposite of what you actually mean as a way to emphasise what you actually mean. To clarify - I'm not actually asking you to believe that Oswald is out front with all his work colleagues interacting in a positive way with them as if he was a really sociable, easy-going guy. I'm actually saying the opposite thing. I honestly thought this would be totally clear as the whole post up to that moment was a litany of testimonial evidence demonstrating how Oswald was perceived as, for want of a better word, unsociable. Statement after statement clearly demonstrating (or so I thought) that Oswald didn't like the company of his work colleagues. As I thought it was blindingly obvious, in the light of the substantial amount of evidence on display, that Oswald would rather blow his own brains out than spend time with his work colleagues, I made up a non-existent, sarcastic scenario to emphasise this point. (when I say "blow his own brains out" this is not sarcasm, this is a 'figure of speech' and is not to be taken literally).
The addition of William Shelley in this scenario was an extrapolation made from Oswald's supposed testimony as recorded in Fritz's notes where he specifically singles out William Shelley - "out with Bill Shelley in front"
The bit at the end where I say "Mind you it was a lovely day and Jackie did look gorgeous in pink" is also sarcasm. I'll keep it to a minimum if future.

"Where do you get "contempt"?"

If you were to approach a work colleague and said "Good Morning" in a friendly way and that person, even though they heard you, didn't react in any way. They just blanked your existence. What word do you use for that? I use 'contempt'.

"Or he was just a shy introvert"

You believe the testimonies of all those work colleagues are describing a shy person? If a person is shy you use the word 'shy' to describe them. Show me one example, from the copious amount of testimony about Oswald, where one of his colleagues uses the word 'shy'.
Oswald in an antisocial, arrogant loser.

The addition of William Shelley in this scenario was an extrapolation made from Oswald's supposed testimony as recorded in Fritz's notes where he specifically singles out William Shelley - "out with Bill Shelley in front"

Thank you< Mr O....  You've raised an interesting point.   On page 619 of the WR there is a copy of FBI agent Bookhout's report for 11 /22/63......( this is about the first interrogation session) 

In that first interrogation session Bookhout writes---" Oswald stated that he took this coke down to the first floor and stood around and had lunch in the employees lunchroom. He thereafter went outside and stood around with foreman Bill Lovelady ( erasure)  Shelly, and thereafter went home.   He stated that he left work because in his opinion   based on remarks of Bill Shelly ( erasure) He did not believe that there was going to be any more work that day due to the confusion in the building."

Question--- Why did Bookhout think the foreman's name was Lovelady, when Lee would obviously have referred to the Foreman as Bill Shelly.....( Bookhout did in fact erase the name Lovelady and typed over the erasing   ..the name "Shelly".

So during the first interrogation Bookhout somehow got confused about the foreman's name even though I'm fairly certain  that Lee would have used the name Bill Shelley ....OR ..Would he???   Is it possible that Lee did tell Fritz and Bookhout that he talked to Bill Lovelady....???
« Last Edit: January 27, 2021, 11:12:08 PM by Walt Cakebread »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #1138 on: January 27, 2021, 11:33:22 PM »
Soooo...??

a 41-year-old, gray-haired, obese, married woman may be a "pretty young lady" to an 81-year-old like yourself, but to a 37-year-old, also married slender co-worker?  I'm skeptical.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #1138 on: January 27, 2021, 11:33:22 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #1139 on: January 28, 2021, 01:13:36 AM »
a 41-year-old, gray-haired, obese, married woman may be a "pretty young lady" to an 81-year-old like yourself, but to a 37-year-old, also married slender co-worker?  I'm skeptical.

OK... I mis-identified Sarah Stanton..... I thought that she was one of the slender, pretty, young, ladies that I've seen in photos of people on the front steps.

But that doesn't mean that Shelly didn't enjoy talkin to Stanton.....

Offline Jack Nessan

« Reply #1140 on: January 28, 2021, 02:35:33 AM »
Incorrect!-----see Reply #1120

Right, you can't explain why he would do such a crazy thing

So why did nobody in those interrogations ever offer the slightest indication that Mr Oswald changed his claimed whereabouts at the time of the assassination? You think they wanted to protect Mr Oswald's good name?

:D

Mr Holmes is asked in his WC testimony where Mr Oswald located the encounter, and his answer is: "First floor. Front entrance to the first floor". He even goes on to describe the layout of that part of the building, despite never having set foot in it.

So---------what I'm reading into "First floor. Front entrance to the first floor" is: First floor, front entrance to the first floor. Kooky, huh?

The encounter was on the second floor. It looks like there is a double set of doors leading from the 2nd floor stairs to the lunchroom. There is a little triangular shaped space between the doors. It was through those windows that Baker caught a glimpse of him and noticed him walking in the lunchroom. Apparently LHO thought the little space was called a vestibule.

Unless the coke machine is on the first floor he was stopped by the Baker on the second.

Mr. BELIN. By the way, where did this policeman stop him when he was coming down the stairs at the Book Depository on the day of the shooting?

Mr. HOLMES. He said it was in the vestibule.
Mr. BELIN. He said he was in the vestibule?
Mr. HOLMES. Or approaching the door to the vestibule. He was just coming, apparently, and I have never been in there myself. Apparently there is two sets of doors, and he had come out to this front part.
Mr. BELIN. Did he state it was on what floor?
Mr. HOLMES. First floor. The front entrance to the first floor.

Mr. BELIN. Did he say anything about a Coca Cola or anything like that, if you remember?
Mr. HOLMES. Seems like he said he was drinking a Coca Cola, standing there by the Coca Cola machine drinking a Coca Cola.

He states that LHO encountered the policeman while he was standing by the coke machine. There is not a coke machine on the first floor. The coke machine is on the second floor.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #1140 on: January 28, 2021, 02:35:33 AM »

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #1141 on: January 28, 2021, 08:28:25 AM »
The encounter was on the second floor. It looks like there is a double set of doors leading from the 2nd floor stairs to the lunchroom.

No, there are two doors, not two sets of doors. And no front part. Mr Oswald was describing the front entrance on the first floor.

There is a little triangular shaped space between the doors. It was through those windows that Baker caught a glimpse of him and noticed him walking in the lunchroom. Apparently LHO thought the little space was called a vestibule.

It appears Mr Oswald did use that word. Its primary meaning is front lobby, but it can also mean portico or front porch.

Mr Belin, during Mr Roy Truly's testimony, makes sure to misdescribe the space you refer to as a 'vestibule'.

Unless the coke machine is on the first floor he was stopped by the Baker on the second.

Mr. BELIN. By the way, where did this policeman stop him when he was coming down the stairs at the Book Depository on the day of the shooting?

Mr. HOLMES. He said it was in the vestibule.
Mr. BELIN. He said he was in the vestibule?
Mr. HOLMES. Or approaching the door to the vestibule. He was just coming, apparently, and I have never been in there myself. Apparently there is two sets of doors, and he had come out to this front part.
Mr. BELIN. Did he state it was on what floor?

Mr. BELIN. Did he say anything about a Coca Cola or anything like that, if you remember?
Mr. HOLMES. Seems like he said he was drinking a Coca Cola, standing there by the Coca Cola machine drinking a Coca Cola.

He states that LHO encountered the policeman while he was standing by the coke machine. There is not a coke machine on the first floor. The coke machine is on the second floor.

~Grin~ Your gift for tuning out uncongenial data is impressive, Mr Nessan!

Mr HOLMES. ... But he went downstairs, and as he went out the front, it seems as though he did have a coke with him, or he stopped at the coke machine, or somebody else was trying to get a coke, but there was a coke involved. He mentioned something about a coke .

Mr Holmes is certain about the front entrance to first floor part, a lot less so about the coke part ("Seems like he said... It seems as though...")

Mr Oswald did indeed mention something about a Coke--a Coke which he had bought from the machine up in the lunchroom before the motorcade and which he now had in his hand at the front entrance when the officer came storming up those steps.

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #1142 on: January 28, 2021, 10:25:59 AM »
There was a Dr. Pepper machine on the first floor and apparently Dr. Pepper was Oswald's fav according to JFK assassination lore. But seems Oswald believed the TV spots and decided that 'things go better with Coca-Cola, things go better with Coke!'

« Last Edit: January 28, 2021, 05:58:14 PM by Bill Chapman »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #1142 on: January 28, 2021, 10:25:59 AM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #1143 on: January 28, 2021, 03:42:41 PM »
No, there are two doors, not two sets of doors. And no front part. Mr Oswald was describing the front entrance on the first floor.

It appears Mr Oswald did use that word. Its primary meaning is front lobby, but it can also mean portico or front porch.

Mr Belin, during Mr Roy Truly's testimony, makes sure to misdescribe the space you refer to as a 'vestibule'.

~Grin~ Your gift for tuning out uncongenial data is impressive, Mr Nessan!

Mr HOLMES. ... But he went downstairs, and as he went out the front, it seems as though he did have a coke with him, or he stopped at the coke machine, or somebody else was trying to get a coke, but there was a coke involved. He mentioned something about a coke .

Mr Holmes is certain about the front entrance to first floor part, a lot less so about the coke part ("Seems like he said... It seems as though...")

Mr Oswald did indeed mention something about a Coke--a Coke which he had bought from the machine up in the lunchroom before the motorcade and which he now had in his hand at the front entrance when the officer came storming up those steps.

Alan ... What is it going to take to get you to extract your head?    Holmes statements are at odds with the statements of others who attended the same interrogation session.    Either Holmes misinterpreted  what Lee said, or Holmes deliberately screwed up the information.  ( I believe the latter)