Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Who Knows??  (Read 1842 times)

Offline Walt Cakebread

Who Knows??
« on: March 06, 2021, 03:42:59 AM »
Advertisement
It's common knowledge that FBI agent James Hosty's name and License plate number were found scribbled in Lee Oswald's address book....

Hosty himself acknowledged that he stumbled across that information when he "just happened" to be thumbing through Lee Oswald's address book that was among other "evidence" that had been found in Lee's room at 1026 N. Beckley.   The evidence was on Lt Walter Pott's desk , in the homicide office,  and Hosty had no business  touching that evidence.   But he acknowledged that he did ....  But what Hosty didn't reveal....Is the fact that he tore that page out of Lee's  address.   He didn't realize that Potts had already photocopied the pages of the book....and Hosty was caught red handed..... 

The question is....WHY did Hosty want to destroy that bit of evidence?     It's also a fact that Oswald's possession of Hosty's name and numbers does not appear in the Warren Commission's hearings.....  Why did the WC ignore this evidence?

In his book,  Assignment : Oswald,  Hosty says that Lee had recorded his name ( But he said Lee recorded it as James Hasty)   The FBI's Dallas office telephone number (RI1- 1211,) and his license plate number MV 8605 ......

Today I learned that the Telephone number  RI 1-1211..... Was NOT the telephone number for the Dallas FBI office....So why did Hosty say that it was the FBI office number in his book?  But more important....WHOSE telephone Number was RI 1- 1211?

Does anybody know how to check telephone numbers from sixty years ago?   
« Last Edit: March 06, 2021, 03:44:58 AM by Walt Cakebread »

JFK Assassination Forum

Who Knows??
« on: March 06, 2021, 03:42:59 AM »

Offline Jerry Freeman

Re: Who Knows??
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2021, 02:33:08 PM »
http://jfk.hood.edu/Collection/Weisberg%20Subject%20Index%20Files/T%20Disk/Telephone%20Numbers/Item%2006.pdf

A pre '65 reverse phone search is what someone would really need. I only managed to find a 1968 regular Dallas phone book.

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2021, 08:55:03 PM »
http://jfk.hood.edu/Collection/Weisberg%20Subject%20Index%20Files/T%20Disk/Telephone%20Numbers/Item%2006.pdf

A pre '65 reverse phone search is what someone would really need. I only managed to find a 1968 regular Dallas phone book.

Jim Garrison wrote, (in On The trail...)  that He had checked the Dallas phone book and the number recorded by Lee Oswald in his address book was not the number for the Dallas office of the FBI.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2021, 08:55:03 PM »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2021, 06:49:28 AM »
There is this book written/compiled by a guy named Weberman....The Oswald Code.
 If there actually is something indicating a secret key in the scribbling found in Oswald's notebook...I had a hard time grasping it. However...Mr Weberman did [apparently] obtain and copy everything that could be found in the National Archives concerning Oswald's notes.
The Warren Report did not publish the entire notebook in its volumes. I will glance through it [Alan Weberman's book] again and look for the phone number in question.
I can say that the FBI office was in the Santa Fe Bldg 1114 Commerce [the Federal Bldg in 1963] and still has federal offices today. The phone numbers for that building back then were in the RIverside-7 exchange. That is all I can remember.

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2021, 03:45:42 PM »
 If there actually is something indicating a secret key in the scribbling found in Oswald's notebook...I had a hard time grasping it. However...Mr Weberman did [apparently] obtain and copy everything that could be found in the National Archives concerning Oswald's notes.
The Warren Report did not publish the entire notebook in its volumes. I will glance through it [Alan Weberman's book] again and look for the phone number in question.
I can say that the FBI office was in the Santa Fe Bldg 1114 Commerce [the Federal Bldg in 1963] and still has federal offices today. The phone numbers for that building back then were in the RIverside-7 exchange. That is all I can remember.

I can say that the FBI office was in the Santa Fe Bldg 1114 Commerce [the Federal Bldg in 1963] and still has federal offices today. The phone numbers for that building back then were in the RIverside-7 exchange.

Thanks Jerry.....In his book Assignment : Oswald ... Hosty says that Lee recorded his name and the FBI office telephone number and the address of the FBI office , and also his license plate number.   

Hosty said Lee recorded his name  as James P. Hasty , and the FBI office as 1114 Commerce Street, the telephone number as RI1- 1211 , and the license plate as MV 8605 .   But that's not the way it appears to me in an actual photocopy of Lee Oswald's note book.....  The entry is rather scribbled and not easy to read but Lee apparently started to date the entry as Oct 1, but then scratched out Oct 1 and entered Nov 1, 1963  The name appears to be " FBI agnt James P Hosty   (Not "Hasty" as Hosty claimed)  The license plate number appears to be MU 8605 ( Hosty says it's recorded as MV 8605 ) The address appears to be 1114 Commerce st , Dallas.  The telephone number appears to be ( RI -11211)   Or possibly  RI - 11210.....

I've long suspected that Hosty tore that page out of Lee's note book because Lee had recorded his car license plate number as MU 8605 and that's the number that would have appeared on the light colored 1957 Chevy that Lee photographed in General Walker's back yard.   Hosty tore the page from Lee note book ..... and he's probably the person who obliterated the license plate on the 57 Chevy. 

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2021, 03:45:42 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2021, 07:00:34 PM »

See page 200 of the Oswald Code.

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2021, 03:44:29 AM »

Hosty said Lee recorded his name  as James P. Hasty , and the FBI office as 1114 Commerce Street, the telephone number as RI1- 1211 , and the license plate as MV 8605 .   But that's not the way it appears to me in an actual photocopy of Lee Oswald's note book.....  The entry is rather scribbled and not easy to read but Lee apparently started to date the entry as Oct 1, but then scratched out Oct 1 and entered Nov 1, 1963  The name appears to be " FBI agnt James P Hosty   (Not "Hasty" as Hosty claimed)  The license plate number appears to be MU 8605 ( Hosty says it's recorded as MV 8605 ) The address appears to be 1114 Commerce st , Dallas.  The telephone number appears to be ( RI -11211)   Or possibly  RI - 11210.....
  It is a struggle to read. There was a Riverside 2...7...& 8 but as far as I can determine there was no RI-1 exchange.
Look at the various photos of that yellow pages sale I forwarded.
Now it could be a really sloppy RI 7
 Here is a link to that page........
 https://texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth337590/m1/59/

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2021, 03:44:29 AM »