Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: The Wounding of James Tague Refutes the Lone-Gunman Theory  (Read 11940 times)

Offline Tim Nickerson

Re: The Wounding of James Tague Refutes the Lone-Gunman Theory
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2020, 02:56:43 AM »
Advertisement
It was quiet a big dent to miss. I mean they should have known or not that it was there before the motorcade.

Yeah.  As i said, I doubt that it was there before the motorcade.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2020, 02:56:43 AM »

Offline Paul May

« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2020, 03:45:08 AM »
Seriously? This crap AGAIN? Was hoping Mr. Griffith might bring something new to the CT cause. Alas, no such luck.

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2020, 04:21:12 AM »
If Tague was hit at all, it was by a fragment from the head shot. 
If Tague was hit at all? So what happened if he wasn't hit by anything? Cut himself shaving? A case of Stigmata perhaps?
"..it was by a fragment from the head shot."
 The Single Fragment Theory    :D

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2020, 04:21:12 AM »

Offline Michael T. Griffith

« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2020, 04:40:49 AM »
Actually I think that dent was on the chrome before the motorcade even began.

No, that myth was debunked years ago. There was no dent in the window chrome before the limousine drove through Dealey Plaza. There is film footage of the limousine taken shortly before the Dallas motorcade that shows the chrome was not dented.

(the segment on chrome bullet dent starts at 3:12)

The people who saw the curb mark first, including Deputy Sheriff Walthers, said it clearly looked like a bullet strike.

The fanciful trajectory that has a bullet fragment exiting the skull at a high enough angle to clear the windshield and the roll bar makes it impossible for that fragment to then magically nosedive and somehow still have enough energy to chip the curb or to cut Tague's face.

Yes, bullets can curve when they transit gelatin blocks. What do you think happens when you put skull bone around the gelatin? Any bullet or fragment that plows through the back of the skull, transits the gelatin/brain, and then plows through the skull again as it exits is going to lose a large amount of its velocity, and then it would have to somehow get over the windshield and the roll bar and then nosedive in midair to hit the curb or Tague's face. It's just silly. Even Posner recognized that the idea that the Tague curb mark was made by a fragment from the head shot is ridiculous, but his alternative theory is even worse.

There is just no plausible explanation for the Tague wounding that does not involve four shots. The fragment--whether metal or concrete--that hit Tague's face struck hard enough to sting him and cause bleeding.

« Last Edit: July 04, 2020, 01:36:04 PM by Michael T. Griffith »

Offline Michael Walton

« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2020, 02:18:21 PM »
Paul May - try not to be so biased about the case. It would do you good to put aside your petty grievances about the Kennedys and look at the merits of the case itself.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2020, 02:18:21 PM »

Offline Michael Walton

« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2020, 02:18:54 PM »
I'm not a lone-nutter. But I do sometimes question Tague. Just like others have questioned the deaf guy Hoffman. If you look at the shooting scenario based on the WC:

It seems highly improbable that a bullet would have strayed that far down the street to kick up curb chips and strike Tague. Further, Thompson's original thesis of a shooting span of 6 six seconds [starting at Z224 and ending with Z313] negates shots from the 6th floor while also negating the Tague injury. James Altgens, who was very close to the shooting and was about 15 feet away from JFK when Z313 hit, stated that he was most positive that no more shots were fired after Z313.

So if you go by this 6-second shooting span, when exactly was the time for a stray bullet to have ventured all the way down far enough to have caused the curb chip? It makes no logical sense.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2020, 02:20:45 PM by Michael Walton »

Offline Brian Roselle

« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2020, 03:16:50 PM »
I took a hard look at the possibility of a missing large fragment from the head shot as a cause of the mark and possibly causing small concrete shards to hit Tague. He actually was within a few feet of the mark location at the time of the shooting. The picture of him by the underpass was taken after he was emerging from it again, after ducking back in there when he realized there was shooting was going on.

I realized I could not prove that the mark was related to a bullet fragment, but could possibly, with ballistics, show it couldn't happen.  Net result was there was a scenario where it was possible, so I couldn't prove it was impossible. The results were suggestive of a fragment as the cause, but not the absolute proof one way or another that people want.

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=sites&srcid=ZGVmYXVsdGRvbWFpbnxianJtaXNjZGF0YXR8Z3g6NzY1NDdlNjliMWY5MmRkZQ

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2020, 03:16:50 PM »

Offline Paul May

« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2020, 04:12:01 PM »
Paul May - try not to be so biased about the case. It would do you good to put aside your petty grievances about the Kennedys and look at the merits of the case itself.

I have no bias. My comment was towards the subject matter itself. There is no solution to Tague’s injury. Never has been. Never will be. So, what’s the point? Neither side will convince the other.