Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: JFK's Head Snap and the Implausible Jet-Effect and Neurospasm Theories  (Read 27933 times)

Offline Michael Carney

Re: JFK's Head Snap and the Implausible Jet-Effect and Neurospasm Theories
« Reply #280 on: August 16, 2020, 08:48:50 PM »
Advertisement
Since this thread is called “JFK’s Head Snap and the implausible jet effect…… I thought I would focus on that.

Dr Luis Alvarez, Nobel Prize winner in physics in 1968, did an experiment with a watermelon. Please go to this site http://www.jfklancer.com/galanor/jet_effect.html and look at the pictures of the watermelon when hit by a frangible round. I know, a head is not a watermelon but they are similar, hard on the outside and soft on the inside. Click on the pictures to enlarge for better viewing. So what happened to the watermelon, the front of it exploded similar to JFK and it was thrown backwards in the direction of where the shot originated.

Now remember in the motion picture “JFK”, Kevin Costner kept repeating when explaining JFK’s head movement “back and to the left, back and to the left, back and to the left”.

Now if you consider Dr. Luis Alvarez's melon experiment the movement of the watermelon went directly back towards where the shot came from. So By following JFK’s head movement you can tell in which direction the shot came from, “back and to the left”. And who was back and to the left with gun that fires a frangible round, Hickey.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #280 on: August 16, 2020, 08:48:50 PM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #281 on: August 17, 2020, 05:39:24 AM »
Since this thread is called “JFK’s Head Snap and the implausible jet effect…… I thought I would focus on that.

Dr Luis Alvarez, Nobel Prize winner in physics in 1968, did an experiment with a watermelon. Please go to this site http://www.jfklancer.com/galanor/jet_effect.html and look at the pictures of the watermelon when hit by a frangible round. I know, a head is not a watermelon but they are similar, hard on the outside and soft on the inside. Click on the pictures to enlarge for better viewing. So what happened to the watermelon, the front of it exploded similar to JFK and it was thrown backwards in the direction of where the shot originated.

Now remember in the motion picture “JFK”, Kevin Costner kept repeating when explaining JFK’s head movement “back and to the left, back and to the left, back and to the left”.

Now if you consider Dr. Luis Alvarez's melon experiment the movement of the watermelon went directly back towards where the shot came from. So By following JFK’s head movement you can tell in which direction the shot came from, “back and to the left”. And who was back and to the left with gun that fires a frangible round, Hickey.

The Magic Loogie

Back, and to the left
Back, and to the left
Back... and to the left

« Last Edit: August 17, 2020, 05:43:18 AM by Bill Chapman »

Offline Michael Carney

« Reply #282 on: August 17, 2020, 08:46:21 AM »
Bill, physics is physics, can't argue that.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #282 on: August 17, 2020, 08:46:21 AM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #283 on: August 17, 2020, 03:02:53 PM »
Bill, physics is physics, can't argue that.

A sense of humour is a sense of humour.
Not everybody has one.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2020, 03:04:20 PM by Bill Chapman »

Offline Michael Carney

« Reply #284 on: August 17, 2020, 08:14:24 PM »
Yes a sense of humor is wonderful and that was one of my favorite skits from the Seinfeld show.
Let me know what you think about my theory, it's kinda all quiet on the western front.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #284 on: August 17, 2020, 08:14:24 PM »

Offline Jerry Organ

« Reply #285 on: August 17, 2020, 10:51:01 PM »

"Gelatin block tests published in the House Select Committee's
final report. Compare relatively narrow wound channel of
full-metal jacket 6.5mm Carcano round in block A to photo
of .223 round test (illus. 26 above)."

Howard Donahue published the HSCA exhibit above in the photo section of "Mortal Error", caption shown.

The .223 test referred to is captioned:

"Using a mirror, House Select Committee gelatin block test showing explosive
     disintegration of AR-15 .223 (M-16) round from two angles. this test, although
     virtually replicating massive damage done to Kennedy's skull, was omitted
     from the committee's final report. No. 113 on the adjacent list of exhibits from
     committee's ballistics hearing, Sept. 8, 1978, identifies it as AR-15, .223 (M-16)."

That exhibit does show extensive grain-like fragmentation along its path. By contrast, Donahue (and McLaren, as well) apparently believe a Carcano round will just leave a relatively straight un-fragmented trail through the human skull ("Block A").

Can you find where Donahue and McLaren actually realized that "Block A" was all soft tissue, with no skull bone simulation? Has either one fired a Carcano round into a human skull or appropriate replication?

Offline Michael Carney

« Reply #286 on: August 18, 2020, 03:24:49 AM »
I didn’t see the “illus 26 above” in your posting, but I have seen the .223 round go through the gelatin block and similar things happen. I don’t know what sets off the explosive action but I do know it travels for some distance and then explodes.
It’s not so much that it is a “carcano” round, it’s that it is a metal jacked bullet designed to go through more than one soldier on the battle field. One time my brother and I were out shooting and we had an old army masser WWII vintage, not sure where it was from but it had metal jacked bullets in it. I fired at some sort of animal feed bin and the bullet went through the first 2X6 wood piece and when it went through the second wood rail, it went through it sideways, they were about 5 feet apart. So in the first piece of wood there was just a round hole in it and in the second one you could see the side profile of the bullet. No evidence of it coming apart.
I will look in McLarens book and see if there is a moment where McLaren or Donohue realize that they don’t have an acceptable representative experiment, no hard shell.
I haven’t seen anything about the 6.5 going through a skull but McLaren did do the watermelon test with both types of bullets. The frangible round, .223 acted exactly as in Dr Alvarez’s experiment, small entry hole and an explosion in the exit area.  The 6.5 had a small entry hole and the exit hole was a little larger with some outward cracks around it. It was in “JFK – The Smoking Gun” documentary. Again a watermelon is not a human skull but it does give us a very good idea of what is happening.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #286 on: August 18, 2020, 03:24:49 AM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #287 on: August 18, 2020, 04:07:55 AM »
I didn’t see the “illus 26 above” in your posting, but I have seen the .223 round go through the gelatin block and similar things happen. I don’t know what sets off the explosive action but I do know it travels for some distance and then explodes.
It’s not so much that it is a “carcano” round, it’s that it is a metal jacked bullet designed to go through more than one soldier on the battle field. One time my brother and I were out shooting and we had an old army masser WWII vintage, not sure where it was from but it had metal jacked bullets in it. I fired at some sort of animal feed bin and the bullet went through the first 2X6 wood piece and when it went through the second wood rail, it went through it sideways, they were about 5 feet apart. So in the first piece of wood there was just a round hole in it and in the second one you could see the side profile of the bullet. No evidence of it coming apart.
I will look in McLarens book and see if there is a moment where McLaren or Donohue realize that they don’t have an acceptable representative experiment, no hard shell.
I haven’t seen anything about the 6.5 going through a skull but McLaren did do the watermelon test with both types of bullets. The frangible round, .223 acted exactly as in Dr Alvarez’s experiment, small entry hole and an explosion in the exit area.  The 6.5 had a small entry hole and the exit hole was a little larger with some outward cracks around it. It was in “JFK – The Smoking Gun” documentary. Again a watermelon is not a human skull but it does give us a very good idea of what is happening.

FMJ ammo was designed to pass through-and-through a body, not necessarily to score a twofer but for humanitarian reasons.