Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: JFK's Head Snap and the Implausible Jet-Effect and Neurospasm Theories  (Read 28045 times)

Offline John Mytton

Re: JFK's Head Snap and the Implausible Jet-Effect and Neurospasm Theories
« Reply #264 on: August 13, 2020, 12:57:12 AM »
Advertisement
What?! LOL! You either cannot read or you are hoping no one will go back and review our dialogue. I have addressed this silly GIF of yours several times. Your GIF shows that you simply do not grasp the basic issue here. 

Folks, go back to my dialogues with Mr. Mytton. You'll see that I repeatedly explained to him that his supposed evidence of "massive" changes in the distances between background objects in the backyard photos was spurious, that his "evidence" showed that he fundamentally does not understand the issue.

"Massive" parallax changes?! What a joke. The changes had to be measured in millimeters. Let us take a look, again, at the parallax measurements that the HSCA PEP published:

The PEP did parallax horizontal and vertical measurements on selected objects in the backgrounds. The horizontal parallax measurements were done on points on the fence at three levels on 133-A and 133-B. There was an “a” measurement and a “b” measurement, each done at three levels. The differences had to be expressed in millimeters:

a-lower: 0.8 mm
a-middle: 0.1 millimeter
a-upper: 1.1 millimeter

b-lower: 0.5 mm
b-middle: 0.7 mm
b-upper: 0.1 mm

The largest difference was 1.1 mm, which equals 0.043 inches. 0.043 inches as a fraction is 11/256ths of an inch. By comparison, 1/16th of inch is 1.59 mm. So 1.1 mm is 30% smaller than 1/16th of an inch. And, again, that was the largest difference.

The vertical parallax measurements revealed equally tiny differences. These measurements were done on two objects on the fence. To account for differences in magnification, the measurements were related to the distance from the left edge of one picket to the left edge of the next, and the scaling distance was measured on the two center pickets of the four pickets on the fence. The differences--which, here too, had to be expressed in millimeters:

For a start I said there was a massive amount of parallax changes, i.e. the distances between each and every object in the backyard photos show a parallax change hence my usage of "massive amount of parallax changes" and for the record shows that these multiple parallax changes are definitely not a simple keystone adjustment, so STOP saying there was.

Secondly, you're either being really dishonest or absolutely clueless, I asked you before what these millimeter changes are relative to, are we talking about a postage stamp size photo, a newspaper size photo, an actual size from the location photo or a billboard size photo? A close look at the actual HSCA document shows that the size of the post to the lower picket that the HSCA measured was only 6.8mm(0.27 inch), a measurement that you conveniently keep leaving out of your posts because without context the quoted measurements that you mindlessly keep repeating are meaningless.

The recovered de Mohrenschildt photo appears to be about the size of the photo that correlates to the millimeter measurements used by the HSCA and as we can see the overall width of the photo is less than 5.5 inches which is proportionally many times less than the actual size of the real world location. Doh!

JohnM

« Last Edit: August 13, 2020, 01:01:34 AM by John Mytton »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #264 on: August 13, 2020, 12:57:12 AM »

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #265 on: August 13, 2020, 03:13:29 AM »
You realize the HSCA were not talking about the parallax differences in terms of life-scale?

"such impossibly tiny differences in the distances between their background objects"

Yep. It appears you don't.

Yep. It appears you don't.

:D

JohnM

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #266 on: August 13, 2020, 10:23:11 PM »
Note the ad-Homs liberally sprinkled on yet another MTG word salad.

Someone who uses the term "CTards" has no business whining about "ad-homs".

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #266 on: August 13, 2020, 10:23:11 PM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #267 on: August 14, 2020, 05:43:58 AM »
Someone who uses the term "CTards" has no business whining about "ad-homs".

3 times on this version of the forum
Last one Sept 2019
« Last Edit: August 14, 2020, 03:44:11 PM by Bill Chapman »

Offline Michael Carney

« Reply #268 on: August 15, 2020, 02:10:01 AM »
Could someone please give me a one min block of instruction as to how to post a picture, can't figure it out. Or direct me to a tutorial, thanks very much.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #268 on: August 15, 2020, 02:10:01 AM »

Offline Jerry Organ

« Reply #269 on: August 15, 2020, 03:33:08 AM »
Could someone please give me a one min block of instruction as to how to post a picture, can't figure it out. Or direct me to a tutorial, thanks very much.

Go to BBcode site here which explains the method behind it all. A shorter answer follows.

In a reply window here, click on one of the icons in the icon row above (first icon has a "B" on the top row) when you wish to add links or pictures to your post. The "picture frame" on the far left of the second row (it's below the "B") provides a pop-up window that says "Enter image location" (ie: the link to the site where the picture was posted or to your picture hosting site).

Code: [Select]
[img][/img]
If you want to see all the formatting (sample above), you will have to click the button on the far right (second row) that says "Toggle View" when your mouse hovers over it. The coding view allows you to do extra things like change the size of your picture.

Code: [Select]
[img width=123 height=123][/img]
There's a nifty "Preview" button below your reply window that allows you a chance to check it things are working. After you click "Preview", the page reloads but it'll be focused on your reply window. To see the preview, scroll (using the scroll bar of the browser on the extreme right margin) to up above the reply window.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2020, 12:41:34 AM by Jerry Organ »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #270 on: August 15, 2020, 04:39:52 AM »

Go to postimages.org
(You don't have to sign up)

1) Upload your image

2) Choose 'Direct Link'

3) Use the 'image' function here

4) Result
« Last Edit: August 16, 2020, 08:23:09 PM by Bill Chapman »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #270 on: August 15, 2020, 04:39:52 AM »

Offline Michael Carney