Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: JFK's Head Snap and the Implausible Jet-Effect and Neurospasm Theories  (Read 27894 times)

Offline Michael Carney

Re: JFK's Head Snap and the Implausible Jet-Effect and Neurospasm Theories
« Reply #224 on: August 03, 2020, 11:59:46 PM »
Advertisement
I invite everyone to watch the documentary "JFK - The Smoking Gun" by Colin McLaren. The video can be found on line and it is an hour and a half long. It explains the fragments, JFK's head movement, the cover-up and more. People spend hours writing on this site, you all can certainly spend 90 min to watch the documentary and learn something very interesting.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #224 on: August 03, 2020, 11:59:46 PM »

Offline Tim Nickerson

« Reply #225 on: August 04, 2020, 01:45:50 AM »
I invite everyone to watch the documentary "JFK - The Smoking Gun" by Colin McLaren. The video can be found on line and it is an hour and a half long. It explains the fragments, JFK's head movement, the cover-up and more. People spend hours writing on this site, you all can certainly spend 90 min to watch the documentary and learn something very interesting.

It does not explain the two large bullet fragments found in the limo. It also doesn't explain how Hickey could have fired the fatal shot when he was still seated at the time.

Offline Michael Carney

« Reply #226 on: August 04, 2020, 02:32:55 AM »
I'm sorry, I misunderstood which frags you were talking about. I was thinking the frags in the skull x-ray.
Hickey was seated on the back of the backseat with the AR 15, then he stood on the back seat. Two secret service agents saw Hickey with the gun and one the thought he had fired it. Over ten people in the motorcade smelled gunsmoke. It explains the jerking backward of JFK's head also.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #226 on: August 04, 2020, 02:32:55 AM »

Offline Michael T. Griffith

« Reply #227 on: August 04, 2020, 02:33:31 AM »

The video does explain a few things, and it does a decent job of exposing part of the cover-up, but it gets many things very wrong. McLaren bases his case almost entirely on Howard Donahue's research. But Donahue, although he made some important discoveries, was very poorly read on the medical evidence and failed to consider all the disclosures that came from the ARRB releases and the research developments that occurred in the mid- and late 1990s.

When I corresponded with Donahue several years after his book came out, he was very good on the dented shell and on the impossibility of any sizable fragment shearing off an FMJ bullet and ending up below the shearing point after striking it at a downward angle, but he appeared to be unaware of the ARRB releases and the new research developments.

For example, Donahue assumed the 6.5 mm object was a genuine fragment that came from the bullet that struck the curb early in the shooting, but we now know that the object is a ghosted image that was placed over the small genuine fragment in the back of the skull.

Donahue uncritically accepted the Clark Panel and the HSCA's relocation of the rear head entry wound by a whopping 4 inches, but we now know that the skull x-rays show no entry wound at the proposed higher location, and that when the HSCA showed the back-of-the-head photo to Finck, he went so far as to question how the photo had been authenticated as having been taken during the autopsy.

Donahue was aware of some of the problems with the relocation of the rear head entry wound, but he preferred the higher location because it fit with his theory that Hickey fired the officially acknowledged fatal head shot. He acknowledged in his book that the EOP entry wound could not have come from the sixth-floor window and could not have come from Hickey. When the Clark Panel, and then the HSCA, said the entry wound was 4 inches higher than where the autopsy doctors adamantly said it was, he was willing to take their word because he thought it provided a plausible trajectory from the entry point back to Hickey's rifle.

« Last Edit: August 04, 2020, 02:55:47 AM by Michael T. Griffith »

Offline Michael Carney

« Reply #228 on: August 04, 2020, 04:42:55 AM »
For example, Donahue assumed the 6.5 mm object was a genuine fragment that came from the bullet that struck the curb early in the shooting, but we now know that the object is a ghosted image that was placed over the small genuine fragment in the back of the skull.

Please excuse my ignorance but please explain what you mean by “ghosted image” in this situation. One thing I would like to mention is that JFK said “I’ve been hit”, this was before the magic bullet so I assumed that he was hit with a frag from the bullet that hit the pavement. He would not have been able to say anything after being hit with the magic bullet.

Donahue uncritically accepted the Clark Panel and the HSCA's relocation of the rear head entry wound by a whopping 4 inches, but we now know that the skull x-rays show no entry wound at the proposed higher location, and that when the HSCA showed the back-of-the-head photo to Finck, he went so far as to question how the photo had been authenticated as having been taken during the autopsy.

I don’t know that it matters if the bullet hit JFK high in the back of the head or 4 inches lower. He was leaning forward and downward. A bullet coming almost perfectly horizontal would do what it did to JFK. A frangible round of course, not a fmj bullet. The fact that the entry wound measurement was noted in the autopsy as 6 mm tells me it couldn’t have been a 6.5 mm round but a 5.65 diameter would explain an AR 15 round.

Lets sum it up: with the diameter of the hole in the back of JFK’s head, the explosive destruction of JFK’s head and direction (the physics of it, an explosion in his head), Hickey’s behavior after, the cover up by the SS, the smoke smelled in the motorcade, the witness’s that saw Hickey with the gun, the one SS Agent that thought Hickey fired off a round, what was going on in the autopsy room with Dr Ebersol and Jerrome tells you a cover up was in progress. And who is pushing the cover up and getting the body out of Dallas, the Secret Service, why?
« Last Edit: August 04, 2020, 01:53:34 PM by Mike Carney »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #228 on: August 04, 2020, 04:42:55 AM »

Offline Tim Nickerson

« Reply #229 on: August 04, 2020, 05:35:51 AM »
I'm sorry, I misunderstood which frags you were talking about. I was thinking the frags in the skull x-ray.
Hickey was seated on the back of the backseat with the AR 15, then he stood on the back seat. Two secret service agents saw Hickey with the gun and one the thought he had fired it. Over ten people in the motorcade smelled gunsmoke. It explains the jerking backward of JFK's head also.

I'm talking about CE 567 and CE 569, which were matched to Oswald's Carcano.

Offline Tim Nickerson

« Reply #230 on: August 04, 2020, 05:44:31 AM »
The fact that the entry wound measurement was noted in the autopsy as 6 mm tells me it couldn’t have been a 6.5 mm round but a 5.65 diameter would explain an AR 15 round.

The entry wound measurement of 6 mm was actually 15 mm X 6 mm. It was of the laceration in the scalp, not the hole in the skull. The dimensions of the hole in the skull were never given. All that they said was that there was a corresponding wound in the skull. Which was just them giving the location of the wound in the skull, not the dimensions of it.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2020, 05:45:07 AM by Tim Nickerson »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #230 on: August 04, 2020, 05:44:31 AM »

Offline Michael Carney

« Reply #231 on: August 04, 2020, 02:46:25 PM »
"The entry wound measurement of 6 mm was actually 15 mm X 6 mm. It was of the laceration in the scalp, not the hole in the skull. The dimensions of the hole in the skull were never given. All that they said was that there was a corresponding wound in the skull. Which was just them giving the location of the wound in the skull, not the dimensions of it."

Tim could you please direct me to where I can read more about this?

Seems odd that Howard Donahue would dedicate so much time and energy based on faulty information but maybe all the information wasn't available to him at the time.