Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: JFK's Head Snap and the Implausible Jet-Effect and Neurospasm Theories  (Read 27912 times)

Offline Joe Elliott

Re: JFK's Head Snap and the Implausible Jet-Effect and Neurospasm Theories
« Reply #184 on: July 24, 2020, 01:10:48 AM »
Advertisement
I think you are a little unfair to characterize Mr. Griffith as a Trump defender. At best, he is only a part time Trump defender. He is more of a Defender of the Southern Cause, i.e., the Confederacy.

He has a whole website on that at:

http://civilwar.miketgriffith.com/

. . .

Another attempt to poison the well with a completely off-topic smear.

Elliott does that a lot.

I point out CTers ‘eccentric’ views in that less than 10 per cent of my posts. I would hardly call that a lot. And it’s not a smear if the criticism is accurate. Is it a ‘smear’ to say that Joseph McCarthy was a demagogue, more interested in making headlines than finding the truth, or even finding real Communists and didn’t care how many innocent lives he ruined? Is that a smear? No, its accurate.

Until recently, Mr. Griffith was the ‘go to’ expert at this forum when a CTer wished to argue against the Ballistic Neuromuscular Spasm Hypothesis. His other believes are pertinent. If John McAdams were to argue that the South didn’t secede in order to maintain Slavery, but was really over High Tariffs (which in 1860 were actually at their lowest level since 1816), you don’t think CTers would fine this pertinent? CTers would be ‘poisoning the well’ with thousands of gallons. We would be hearing about John McAdams Pro-Confederacy beliefs all the time, if this was true. And it goes without saying, that if all this was true, John McAdams would not be a prominent spokesman for the LN side.

For whatever reasons, CTers, more prominent ones like James Fetzer and Jim Marrs, and less prominent ones like Michael Griffith, seem to often hold, how shall I say it, eccentric views on subjects outside the JFK Assassination. Much more so than LNers do. If the situation was reversed, CTers would be pointing this out all the time.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2020, 02:11:11 AM by Joe Elliott »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #184 on: July 24, 2020, 01:10:48 AM »

Offline Joe Elliott

« Reply #185 on: July 24, 2020, 02:06:06 AM »

We don't know the Harper fragment went forward.

We know the Harper fragment went forward. We can see it flying forward in frames 313 and 314. Unless, as I said, there were two fragments. One visible and one invisible. The invisible one was found, the ‘Harper fragment’. The visible fragment was never found. Highly unlikely. Most likely, the white object we see flying up and forward is the Harper fragment. So, it went forward. That is why it was found forward of the z313 position.

We just know approximately where Harper said he found it, which by the way was south of the limo.

And because the limousine was heading southwest, ‘South of the limo’ is forward and to the left.

How does a glancing shot through the right side of the head propel a fragment toward the left?

First of all, must a fragment be sent flying directly in line with the bullet? Looking at frame 313:

We can see debris heading in many directions. The Harper fragment heading up at a 45-degree angle must be off line by at least 45 degrees, unless one believes the shot came from under the limousine.

And this is not exactly a glancing shot. It hit near the center of the back of the head and exited the right side of the head close to the face.

Now, as one can also see from Frame 312:

JFK’s head is turned significantly to the left. We can tell because from Don Roberdeau’s map, the limousine was on a compass course of about 208 degrees. The sun was shining from about 189 degrees. And yet, part of JFK’s right face is lite up by the sun. This would not be the case, unless JFK’s head was turned significantly to the left by more than 19 degrees. Giving a straight-line angle, from the right side of his head to points forward and to the left of the limousine. Not to mention the possibility that the fragment could have come more from the top of the skull than the side, which would not require any kind of head turn.

And no ballistic expert has found it impossible for a fragment from the head to be sent flying up and forward and to the left of the limousine. But, because non-Ballistic experts have determined this to be impossible, we should conclude that it is impossible?

How about the 'frisbee effect'?

Elliott will work it out.

Yes, I think I worked it out without using an ‘frisbee effect’.

He's so into physics!

Is that a criticism or a complement? Anyone trying to figure out the head shot should be into Physics. If one is going to claim the head is moving according to basic Physics, he had better understand Classical Physics. The vast majority who make this claim do not actually understand Classical Physics and such concepts as the Conservation of Momentum.

Offline Michael T. Griffith

« Reply #186 on: July 24, 2020, 01:49:04 PM »
Quote from: Joe Elliott on July 10, 2020, 03:41:36 AM
I think you are a little unfair to characterize Mr. Griffith as a Trump defender. At best, he is only a part time Trump defender.

What on earth does this have to do with the JFK assassination? I would never use the argument "Well, he's an Obama defender and/or a Biden defender" to try to make a point in a JFK discussion, because such a comment would be irrelevant. People who make such comments are only showing their own blind, rabid partisan bias.

If you bother to read the comments I have made about Trump in this forum, you will see that my position on him is mixed. I defend most of his policies, but I do not like the way he often conducts himself and I do not think much of him as a person. He was my fourth pick among the GOP candidates in the 2016 GOP primary.

Quote from: Joe Elliott on July 10, 2020, 03:41:36 AM
He is more of a Defender of the Southern Cause, i.e., the Confederacy.

He has a whole website on that at: http://civilwar.miketgriffith.com/

My views on that subject have undergone a substantial shift over the last four years. I still believe that under the original understanding of the Constitution, the South had the right to secede, but I no longer believe that the South had sufficient justification for exercising that right. This is why you will notice that my Civil War site has many articles that defend Abraham Lincoln and George McClellan. In fact, I have devoted an entire website to a defense of McClellan (there are links to it on my Civil War site). People who have been following my Civil War site for some time have noticed that I took down my harshly critical anti-Lincoln article, because my views on Lincoln have undergone a dramatic shift.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2020, 01:51:53 PM by Michael T. Griffith »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #186 on: July 24, 2020, 01:49:04 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #187 on: July 24, 2020, 05:24:23 PM »
Until recently, Mr. Griffith was the ‘go to’ expert at this forum when a CTer wished to argue against the Ballistic Neuromuscular Spasm Hypothesis. His other believes are pertinent. If John McAdams were to argue that the South didn’t secede in order to maintain Slavery, but was really over High Tariffs (which in 1860 were actually at their lowest level since 1816), you don’t think CTers would fine this pertinent?

No.  It has absolutely nothing to do with the merits (or lack thereof) of an argument about the JFK assassination.

But where exactly does Griffith argue that the south didn’t secede in order to maintain slavery?  Because you're the guy who falsely accused Mantik of being a holocaust denier.

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #188 on: July 24, 2020, 05:37:11 PM »
We know the Harper fragment went forward. We can see it flying forward in frames 313 and 314.

That's a circular argument.  You're assuming that what you see is the Harper fragment with one of your patented "most likely" arguments.

First of all, must a fragment be sent flying directly in line with the bullet? Looking at frame 313:

Supposedly it was a glancing shot displacing skull to the right of the midline.  So what force carries it to the left?

And no ballistic expert has found it impossible for a fragment from the head to be sent flying up and forward and to the left of the limousine.

This is one of those nonsense phrases that is meaningless.  What "ballistic expert" has opined one way or the other?  "Ballistic experts", like anyone else, have to make a boatload of assumptions about the source of the shot, the weapon used, the speed of the bullet, the exact moment of the strike, etc, in order to evaluate what they would subjectively think is possible or not.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #188 on: July 24, 2020, 05:37:11 PM »

Offline Joe Elliott

« Reply #189 on: July 24, 2020, 06:56:45 PM »
What on earth does this have to do with the JFK assassination? I would never use the argument "Well, he's an Obama defender and/or a Biden defender" to try to make a point in a JFK discussion, because such a comment would be irrelevant. People who make such comments are only showing their own blind, rabid partisan bias.

If you bother to read the comments I have made about Trump in this forum, you will see that my position on him is mixed. I defend most of his policies, but I do not like the way he often conducts himself and I do not think much of him as a person. He was my fourth pick among the GOP candidates in the 2016 GOP primary.

I didn’t talk about Trump. I talked about your views on the Civil War.

CTers are free to bring up subjects that have nothing to do with the JFK assassination.

Like Gerald Posner plagiarism on articles he wrote that had nothing to do with the assassination. These charges were true. Easy enough for a professional reporter to do. Reporters get their information from what other reporters write. There is simply not enough time for each reporter to conduct their own interviews and write the number of articles demanded of them. And what person who makes the news would be willing or able to give an interview to all the thousands of reporters who want to write about them. But a report is supposed to reword everything, so that everything is in his own worlds. In this ‘Cut and Paste’ world, I would guess Posner ran out of time and published the words of others. This is a technical violation of reporter ethics and he was fired. In any case, CTers make a big deal of this, which has nothing to do with the JFK assassination, and that’s all right.

Or John McAdams being fired for reasons that had nothing to do with his statements on the JFK assassination. But, again, it was alright for CTers to talk about this a lot. Unlike Posner, there was no justified reason for him being fired. The courts ruled that he was fired for political reasons, not because he had done anything unethical.

But, if a LNer talks about the beliefs or actions of CTers, that somehow is off topic.

My views on that subject have undergone a substantial shift over the last four years. I still believe that under the original understanding of the Constitution, the South had the right to secede, but I no longer believe that the South had sufficient justification for exercising that right. This is why you will notice that my Civil War site has many articles that defend Abraham Lincoln and George McClellan. In fact, I have devoted an entire website to a defense of McClellan (there are links to it on my Civil War site). People who have been following my Civil War site for some time have noticed that I took down my harshly critical anti-Lincoln article, because my views on Lincoln have undergone a dramatic shift.

George McClellan believed that slavery should be allowed to continue. So did Lincoln’s. But by January 1863, Lincoln believed it should not, where McClelland believed slavery should continue, as late as November 1964 and probably until the end of the war. So, I’m not impressed by a defense of McClellan.

But you still believe, as far as I can tell, that the South went to war over the high tariff, and not to protect slavery. This is quite false. These are not the reasons the South was giving in 1861, where they made it clear it was to protect slavery. I don’t know why anyone would ever believe they seceded because of the tariff.

In a nutshell, I believe secession is wrong for two reasons:

1.   It would tend to cause Democracies to split up. Making them more vulnerable to non-Democracies. As Lincoln made clear in his Gettysburg address, the ultimate Union cause was to ensure that the government of the people will not perish from the Earth.

2.   If Secession is a right, then it can be used by the Minority to get what it wants. It turns Democracy on its ear. In the 1850’s Democracy was turned topsy-turvy.
      The South got what it wanted against the wishes of the majority on:

a.   No railway to the west coast, uniting the country – too advantageous to the North.
b.   No Homestead Act – too advantageous to the North
c.   A Low Tariff – wanted by the South
d.   Prevent the establishment of the “Land Grant Colleges” – not wanted by the South.

The South, the minority, was getting all sorts of things they wanted, all through the threat of Secession. Many of which had seemingly nothing to do with slavery.

Once the South seceded, and secession was no longer a threat, in 1862, the majority finally got what it wanted. The building of the Transcontinental railroad. The college land grands, which started colleges, like the University of California, among others. These colleges were the key to allowing America to becoming a real-world leader in Science in the twentieth century. It has been argued that the high tariffs were the key to getting industry established in America, because, initially, they could not compete with Europe. But once allowed to get established, they could more than compete against Europe, even on a level playing field.

In any case, right or wrong, the majority should get what it wants, not the minority. The threat of secession turns this on its head.

By the way, in 1861, Congress did raise the tariffs. But this happened after the 7 states seceded. And the other 4 seceded not because of the high tariff but because of the attack on Fort Sumter, Lincoln’s call on them to supply troops, and the likely necessary for Union armies to pass through them, as they did through Pennsylvania, and indeed all northern states. High tariffs did not cause secession. Secession caused the high tariffs.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2020, 07:22:31 PM by Joe Elliott »

Offline Joe Elliott

« Reply #190 on: July 24, 2020, 07:05:37 PM »
That's a circular argument.  You're assuming that what you see is the Harper fragment with one of your patented "most likely" arguments.

I’ve covered that.

Supposedly it was a glancing shot displacing skull to the right of the midline.  So what force carries it to the left?

I never said it was glancing.

What force carried to the left? What force carried it upwards, as we see in frame 313? Debris is sent in many directions downrange, to the left, to the right, upward, downward, from what anyone can clearly see in frame 313.

This is one of those nonsense phrases that is meaningless.  What "ballistic expert" has opined one way or the other?  "Ballistic experts", like anyone else, have to make a boatload of assumptions about the source of the shot, the weapon used, the speed of the bullet, the exact moment of the strike, etc, in order to evaluate what they would subjectively think is possible or not.
[/quote]

“Ballistic expert” as in a professional ballistic expert. Who conducts scientific experiments with firearms and various targets. Who conducts these experiments in a systematic manner. Who can give testimony in courts on this technical subject of firearms. These are the ones that I refer to as ballistic experts.

And as far as I know, none of them agree with the CTers on the “impossibility” of the Single Bullet Theory. On the “impossibility” of the Head shot. On the “impossibility” that the headshot caused the slight wound to Mr. Tague.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #190 on: July 24, 2020, 07:05:37 PM »

Offline Joe Elliott

« Reply #191 on: July 24, 2020, 07:15:16 PM »

No.  It has absolutely nothing to do with the merits (or lack thereof) of an argument about the JFK assassination.

But where exactly does Griffith argue that the south didn’t secede in order to maintain slavery?  Because you're the guy who falsely accused Mantik of being a holocaust denier.

Griffith has a whole website dedicated to arguing that the South was justified in seceding from the Union. And that it wasn’t over slavery but largely for other reasons, like the High Tariff, which didn’t exist at that time.

I, on the other hand made a one line joke about Mantik and Fetzer. I guess a one-line joke is the same as writing up a whole website.

Note how reluctant you are to provide a link to my original post. So that others can easily check out your claim. I shall rectify that for you:

https://www.jfkassassinationforum.com/index.php/topic,2622.0.html

Now, my relevant quote:

In Dr. David Mantik’s book:
Assassination Science: Experts Speak Out on the Death of JFK
; The “Experts” this book refers to are world renown experts like Dr. James Fetzer and Dr. David Mantik who have discovered that the Holocaust and the Zapruder film are both hoaxes.
; Yes, Yes, I know. I can’t give Dr. Mantik all the credit for these great discoveries. Some of them were Fetzer’s.

Chapter: How the Film of the Century was Edited
          Note: Well of course the “The Wizard of Oz” was a hoax. Did he think that was all real?

Is this really a serious charge that BOTH Mantik and Fetzer denied the Holocaust? And BOTH believed that the “Wizard of Oz” portrayed real events? This is equivalent to writing up a whole website on it?