Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: JFK's Head Snap and the Implausible Jet-Effect and Neurospasm Theories  (Read 27899 times)

Offline John Mytton

Re: JFK's Head Snap and the Implausible Jet-Effect and Neurospasm Theories
« Reply #152 on: July 19, 2020, 03:53:02 AM »
Advertisement
Jackie said she was holding the "back" of her husband's head together. Clint Hill, who saw the large head wound from less than 4 feet away, and who saw it again at Bethesda, said it was in the right-rear part of the head. [/size]

The following quotes are from Jackie.

“I tried to hold the top of his head down, maybe I could keep it in,” she said. “But I knew he was dead.”
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/john-f-kennedy-lay-dying-2670122

"All the ride to the hospital I kept bending over him saying, 'Jack, Jack, can you hear me? I love you Jack.' I kept holding the top of his head down, trying to keep the brains in."
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/lifestyle/news/article.cfm?c_id=6&objectid=12287773

Here's Clint specifically pointing out what he saw.

And here are some of the closest civilian eyewitnesses who were all interviewed just an hour or two later and all describe what they saw and not surprisingly they perfectly describe what we see in the Zapruder film.

Btw if you rely on kinetic energy of a bullet making all the movement, how does an exit wound on the back right of JFK's head translate to Kennedy's back and to the left, which is the opposite direction?

JohnM
« Last Edit: July 19, 2020, 07:24:38 AM by John Mytton »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #152 on: July 19, 2020, 03:53:02 AM »

Offline Joe Elliott

« Reply #153 on: July 19, 2020, 05:55:27 AM »

I was thinking lately of CTers skillful use of terminology to mislead and the phrase “JFK’s Head Snap” is an excellent example of such.

When you hear the phrase “JFK’s Head Snap”, everyone thinks about the backwards motion of the head. Never the forward motion.

This is curious. The fastest motion was forward. Between z312 and z313, the head moved forward with an average speed of 2.2 mph. The fastest backwards motion was a speed of only 1.7 mph between z317 and z318.

Also, the head reached its maximum forward speed during 55 milliseconds. It took 220 milliseconds or more for the head to reach its maximum backwards speed.

Even through the forward motion was faster and much “snapper” than the backward motion, in the mind of most Americans the phrase “JFK’s Head Snap” only means the backward motion. A prime example of the power of the repetitive lie which some people are not ashamed to use over and over again.

Offline Tim Nickerson

« Reply #154 on: July 19, 2020, 09:48:51 AM »

Are you talking about the "autopsy report" that does not mention the 6.5 mm fragment that later magically appeared on the skull x-rays? 

Upon reviewing the autopsy report, I have to say that I was mistaken in agreeing with you that there is no mention of the "6.5 mm" fragment in it.

"Roentgenograms of the skull reveal multiple minute fragments along a line corresponding with a line joining the above described small occipital wound and the right supra-orbital ridge. From the surface of the disrupted cerebral cortex two small irregularly shaped fragments of metal are recovered. These measure 7 x 2 mm and 3 x 1 mm.”

https://www.history-matters.com/archive/jfk/arrb/master_med_set/md3/html/Image4.htm

The 7 x 2 mm fragment is the "rather sizable fragment visible by x-ray just above the right eye" that Humes refers to in his WC testimony.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #154 on: July 19, 2020, 09:48:51 AM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #155 on: July 19, 2020, 04:32:11 PM »
I was thinking lately of CTers skillful use of terminology to mislead and the phrase “JFK’s Head Snap” is an excellent example of such.

When you hear the phrase “JFK’s Head Snap”, everyone thinks about the backwards motion of the head. Never the forward motion.

This is curious. The fastest motion was forward. Between z312 and z313, the head moved forward with an average speed of 2.2 mph. The fastest backwards motion was a speed of only 1.7 mph between z317 and z318.

Also, the head reached its maximum forward speed during 55 milliseconds. It took 220 milliseconds or more for the head to reach its maximum backwards speed.

Even through the forward motion was faster and much “snapper” than the backward motion, in the mind of most Americans the phrase “JFK’s Head Snap” only means the backward motion. A prime example of the power of the repetitive lie which some people are not ashamed to use over and over again.

Pure head snap demo, aside from exploding heads etc
Watch the guys in the third boat

Not a valid vimeo URL
« Last Edit: July 19, 2020, 04:40:32 PM by Bill Chapman »

Offline Michael T. Griffith

« Reply #156 on: July 19, 2020, 04:38:20 PM »
Who were the other two pathologists.

Umm, if you had read any of the articles I linked for you, you would already know this. Anyway, the two other pathologists were Dr. Harper and Dr. Noteboom. They and Dr. Cairns had the huge advantage of being able to handle the Harper fragment. They did not have to guess about its contour and curvature from photos. All three of them were pathologists. Dr. Cairns was the chief pathologist at a hospital in Dallas. All three of them said the fragment was occipital bone.

Mantik hasn't established that it was occipital bone.

Yes, he has, but you can't even gather up the nerve to read his detailed analysis of the fragment. And I notice that you once again declined to comment on Dr. Mantik's points in the quote from his article "The Harper Fragment Revisited." Since you have ignored them several times now, allow me to quote them again to you:

Most reconstructions (especially the parietal ones) with HF [Harper fragment] place the metallic smear near an exit site, even though the smear is on the outside.[9] That seems odd, because an entry site should normally lie on the outside. By citing "inner markings where blood vessels run around the base of the skull,"[10] Cairns must have meant either (1) vascular grooves (i.e., grooves in occipital bone; in gross disagreement with Riley), or (2) the sulcus for the superior sagittal sinus (which would, by definition, mean occipital bone). Riley did not address Cairns's provocative challenge to his conclusion. Likewise, Riley did not deal with Cairns' comment that HF suggested an entry wound. On the other hand, if HF had been parietal bone, then this smear would have lain near the skull vertex (Figure 3). Since an entry site near the vertex seems unlikely (to nearly everyone),[11] Riley would seem to regard the metallic smear as an exit site, even though the smear is on the outside, and even though there is no smear on the inside. The HSCA took the same curious approach (see below). . . .

The HSCA did address HF and did propose a skull reconstruction. In fact, since Michael Baden, M.D., and J. Lawrence Angel, Ph.D., disagreed with one another, the HSCA offered two contradictory reconstructions.[14] However, neither opinion supported an occipital origin for HF.[15] Angel, Curator of Physical Anthropology for the Smithsonian Institution, after viewing the photographs (the HSCA did not view the HF X-ray), described it as roughly trapezoidal, 7 x 5.5 cm, and coming mainly from the upper middle third of the right parietal bone. Angel saw a suture line inside of HF, which he identified as part of the sagittal suture (Figure 3).[16] That he saw a suture line is interesting; in particular, he thereby corroborated Cairns's recollection of a "suture." In his reconstruction, however, Angel left a gap between HF and the triangular fragment[17] (the latter is red in Figure 3); according to Angel, one edge of the triangular fragment comprised part of the coronal suture; and he placed that fragment anterior to that suture. . . .

Another analysis was offered by Joseph N. Riley, Ph.D., who is an expert in neuroanatomy. His brief paper[23] concluded that HF was right parietal, thereby agreeing with Angel (and with the HSCA). Riley emphasized two generic features of skull bones: (1) vascular grooves and (2) parietal foramina. The foramina are tiny holes (like dark dimples) in the bone that transmit blood vessels perpendicular to the skull surface. The grooves are shallow linear indentations that carry blood vessels parallel to the surface; Riley claimed that these two features are characteristic of parietal bone, but that "...occipital bone does not show a pattern of vascular grooving." Riley also asserted that foramina occurred "...only in parietal bone." (Based on a survey of many anatomy textbooks, and on my authentic human skull, these two arguments are both refuted below.) Riley noted an additional feature that, in his opinion, excluded an occipital site: the absence of deep grooves on HF for two specific, large blood vessels (the transverse sinus and the superior sagittal sinus). However, since the transverse sinus is from the lower occiput, that identification is quite irrelevant. That is because, in my reconstruction, HF is from the upper occiput (as I argue further below).

But the sulcus (or groove) for the superior sagittal sinus may actually be visible on HF (Figures 1 and 30B). Riley did not specifically address that possibility. Finally, Riley emphasized that parietal bone is characterized by a relatively smooth inner surface, mild curvature, and relatively uniform thickness; all of which he saw in HF. However, he did not address the likelihood that the Dallas pathologists [Cairns, Noteboom, and Harper] were keenly aware of all of these issues. I would also emphasize that they had a major advantage over subsequent observers (including Riley). After all, they could see, in three dimensions, the authentic curvature of the bone itself and did not need to speculate from photographs.

But what images did Riley employ in his analysis? He stated that he had obtained copies of the HF photographs from Mary Ferrell,[24] which permitted him to reach one fundamental conclusion. According to Riley, his photographs (supposedly taken by Cairns) matched those used by the HSCA, thus ruling out the possibility of mistaken identity. More importantly though, via many anatomy citations, we shall refute Riley's two key opinions. (http://www.patspeer.com/rare-files)

No credible radiologists and pathologists take him seriously.

You have sunk to a new level of silliness with this claim. Most of the medical doctors who have seriously studied the JFK case and who are still active in it take Dr. Mantik very seriously. You guys have no expert who can match Dr. Mantik's rare level of qualifications. You will use a quack and fraud like Dr. Lattimer, a urologist who was caught faking or misrepresenting test data several times, but you don't want to read the research of Dr. Mantik, who holds a PhD in physics from the University of Wisconsin, who did a post-doctoral fellowship in biophysics at Stanford University, who earned his MD from the University of Michigan and did his residency at USC, who taught radiation oncology at the Loma Linda University medical school, who has had numerous articles on radiology and one on physics published in peer-reviewed scientific/medical journals, and who still works in the field of radiation oncology all over the country as an affiliate of the University of Pittsburgh's Department of Radiation Oncology.

I've read the autopsy report and the numerous statements and testimonies of the Bethesda pathologists. I've seen the available autopsy photos and X-Rays. I've viewed the Zapruder film too may times to count. I know without any doubt whatsoever that it was not occipital bone.

Wow, what an awesome resume to back up your claim of certainty about the Harper fragment! So you just don't care that the only three pathologists who were able to actually examine the fragment up close and with their own hands, the only three pathologists who did not need to guess about the fragment's contour and curvature--all three of those pathologists, one of whom was a chief pathologist, said it was occipital bone. Nah, never mind all that, because, well, you've read the autopsy report and have seen the autopsy photos and x-rays and the Zapruder film!

The "6.5 mm" fragment isn't mentioned in the autopsy report but Humes talked about it in his WC testimony. He referred to it as "a rather sizable fragment visible by X-ray just above the right eye".

LOL!!! Uh, the 6.5 mm fragment is not "just above the right eye."  It's on the back of the head. Holy cow, you are decades behind the information curve.

And why oh why oh why would Humes have omitted from the autopsy report any mention one of the two largest fragments on the x-rays, a fragment that just happened to be 6.5 mm in size (gosh, what a coincidence!), if he had seen this fragment on the x-rays that he took and examined on the night of the autopsy? Why?

Are you ever going to address the scientific finding that the 6.5 mm fragment image was added to the x-rays, that it is clearly an artifact, as even the HSCA's Larry Sturdivan has acknowledged?

As far as frontal bone being missing, you're going to have to be more specific. What part of the frontal bone was missing and how much?

I already provided a link to a detailed article on this very issue, which you obviously did not bother to read. Are you just too terrified to read anything that you know will challenge what you desperately want to believe about Kennedy's death? Here is the link again:

https://www.history-matters.com/essays/jfkmed/ADemonstrableImpossibility/ADemonstrableImpossibility.htm

The only frontal damage to the head was above the right eye, where the bullet exited.

HUH???!!!  Neither the WC nor the HSCA FPP claimed that the bullet exited "above the right eye." They denied there was any frontal bone missing at all. The HSCA FPP claimed there was no missing frontal bone even though two of their outside experts told them there was considerable frontal bone missing in the skull x-rays. The FPP said the bullet exited on the front edge of the right parietal bone, placing the exit point on the coronal suture several centimeters above the right pterion, near the right stephanion. The WC, repeating the autopsy doctors, said the bullet exited in the middle of the right parietal bone (see CE 388 for the WC's own diagram).

Witnesses who reported seeing a large wound in the back of the head were mistaken.

Oh, yes, of course. They were all "mistaken," even though their accounts independently describe the same head wound as it was seen at three different locations. Sure. Mass hallucination, right?

It makes perfect sense that the trained, experienced mortician who prepared JFK's skull and the rest of his body for burial couldn't tell the difference between a large wound that included much of the occiput vs. a large wound several inches away above the right ear that left the occiput undamaged. It's just an amazing coincidence that Clint Hill, who saw this wound in the limo and again at Bethesda, said it was in the right-rear part of the head, the same part of the head that Jackie told the WC she was trying to hold together in the limo--and Hill went to Bethesda for the express purpose of recording the locations of the wounds. And, needless to say, it's also an amazing coincidence that the Parkland nurse, Diana Bowron, who prepared Kennedy's body and who packed the large head wound with cotton gauze, said the wound was in the right-rear part of the head. She, too, just couldn't tell the difference between that wound and a wound several inches forward above the right ear. Just amazing.

The autopsy photos, X-Rays, and the Zapruder film do not lie.

So you're just going to keep ignoring all the hard scientific evidence that these materials have been altered? The autopsy materials don't even agree with themselves. Are you going to address the fact that autopsy photo F8 shows bone missing from the occiput and from the rear part of the right parietal bone? Are you going to address the optical density measurements that prove that someone placed a patch on the relevant skull x-rays over the area of the right-rear part of the skull? By the way, two other medical doctors with expertise in radiology have confirmed those optical density measurements.

I notice you said nothing about the fact that Boswell and Finck both stated that frontal bone was missing and the fact that this is nowhere to be found in the autopsy report. Why do you suppose Humes omitted the missing frontal bone from the autopsy report?

What we see in the Zapruder film is also seen in the autopsy photos. I don't know what you mean by round black spot that covers the right rear of JFK's head for several frames until that part of the head is no longer visible.

Then you are legally blind or can't bring yourself to admit what is plainly visible.

I'm sorry, who is it that you don't believe? Millicent Cranor or William Harper? Or perhaps both?

http://jfk.hood.edu/Collection/Weisberg%20Subject%20Index%20Files/C%20Disk/Cranor%20Millicent/Item%2001.pdf

"This author wrote to Mr. Harper asking him to indicate the exact spot on an enclosed map of Dealey Plaza. He marked a place near the underpass that was nearly 100 feet southwest of where Kennedy was shot in the head."54 54. Letter to Milicent Cranor from William A. Harper, December 13, 1997.

LOL! Dude, I guess you just don't realize that Cranor's point is that the location that Harper told her was impossible? Are you saying that the fragment was blown 100 feet? Did you read this before you copied and pasted it?! According to the FBI, Harper told the interviewing agents that he found the fragment "25 feet south of the spot where President Kennedy was shot," which does not tell us whether it was behind or in front of the limo's location. The fact that the FBI agents did not bother to ask Harper whether the spot was southwest or southeast of the limo is suspicious, or, more likely, Harper did specify this, said southeast, and the agents did not record it.

I notice you ignored my point that the first two reenactment surveys put the limousine well in front of the fragment at the time of the head shot.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2020, 05:48:35 PM by Michael T. Griffith »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #156 on: July 19, 2020, 04:38:20 PM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #157 on: July 19, 2020, 04:55:58 PM »
Umm, if you had read any of the articles I linked for you, you would already know this. Anyway, the two other pathologists were Dr. Harper and Dr. Noteboom. They and Dr. Cairns had the huge advantage of being able to handle the Harper fragment. They did not have to guess about its contour and curvature from photos. All three of them were pathologists. Dr. Cairns was the chief pathologist at a hospital in Dallas. All three of them said the fragment was occipital bone.

Yes, he has, but you can't even gather up the nerve to read his detailed analysis of the fragment. And I notice that you once again declined to comment on Dr. Mantik's points in the quote from his article "The Harper Fragment Revisited." Since you have ignored them several times now, allow me to quote them again to you:

You have sunk to a new level of silliness with this claim. Most of the medical doctors who have seriously studied the JFK case and who are still active in it take Dr. Mantik very seriously. You guys have no expert who can match Dr. Mantik's rare level of qualifications. You will use a quack and fraud like Dr. Lattimer, a urologist who was caught faking or misrepresenting test data several times, but you don't want to read the research of Dr. Mantik, who holds a PhD in physics from the University of Wisconsin, who did a post-doctoral fellowship in biophysics at Stanford University, who earned his MD from the University of Michigan and did his residency at USC, who taught radiation oncology at the Loma Linda University medical school, who has had numerous articles on radiology and one on physics published in peer-reviewed scientific/medical journals, and who still works in the field of radiation oncology all over the country as an affiliate of the University of Pittsburgh's Department of Radiation Oncology.

Wow, what an awesome resume to back up your claim of certainty about the Harper fragment! So you just don't care that the only three pathologists who were able to actually examine the fragment up close and with their own hands, the only three pathologists who did not need to guess about the fragment's contour and curvature--all three of those pathologists, one of whom was a chief pathologist, said it was occipital bone. Nah, never mind all that, because, well, you've read the autopsy report and have seen the autopsy photos and x-rays and the Zapruder film!

LOL!!! Uh, the 6.5 mm fragment is not "just above the right eye."  It's on the back of the head. Holy cow, you are decades behind the information curve.

I already provided a link to a detailed article on this very issue, which you obviously did not bother to read. Are you just too terrified to read anything that you know will challenge what you desperately want to believe about Kennedy's death? Here is the link again:

https://www.history-matters.com/essays/jfkmed/ADemonstrableImpossibility/ADemonstrableImpossibility.htm

HUH???!!!  Neither the WC nor the HSCA FPP claimed that the bullet exited "above the right eye." They denied there was any frontal bone missing at all. The HSCA FPP claimed there was no missing frontal bone even though two of their outside experts told them there was considerable frontal bone missing in the skull x-rays. The FPP said the bullet exited on the front edge of the right parietal bone, placing the exit point on the coronal suture several centimeters above the right pterion, near the right stephanion. The WC, repeating the autopsy doctors, said the bullet exited in the middle of the right parietal bone (see CE 388 for the WC's own diagram).

Oh, yes, of course. They were all "mistaken," even though their accounts independently describe the same head wound as it was seen at three different locations. Sure. Mass hallucination, right?

It makes perfect sense that the trained, experienced mortician who prepared JFK's skull and the rest of his body for burial couldn't tell the difference between a large wound that included much of the occiput vs. a large wound several inches away above the right ear that left the occiput undamaged. It's just an amazing coincidence that Clint Hill, who saw this wound in the limo and again at Bethesda, said it was in the right-rear part of the head, the same part of the head that Jackie told the WC she was trying to hold together in the limo--and Hill went to Bethesda for the express purpose of recording the locations of the wounds. And, needless to say, it's also an amazing coincidence that the Parkland nurse, Diana Bowron, who prepared Kennedy's body and who packed the large head wound with cotton gauze, said the wound was in the right-rear part of the head. She, too, just couldn't tell the difference between that wound and a wound several inches forward above the right ear. Just amazing.

So you're just going to keep ignoring all the hard scientific evidence that these materials have been altered? The autopsy materials don't even agree with themselves. Are you going to address the fact that autopsy photo F8 shows bone missing from the occiput and from the rear part of the right parietal bone? Are you going to address the optical density measurements that prove that someone placed a patch on the relevant skull x-rays over the area of the right-rear part of the skull? By the way, two other medical doctors with expertise in radiology have confirmed those optical density measurements.

I notice you said nothing about the fact that Boswell and Finck both stated that frontal bone was missing and the fact that this is nowhere to be found in the autopsy report. Why do you suppose Humes omitted the missing frontal bone from the autopsy report?

Then you are legally blind or can't bring yourself to admit what is plainly visible.

LOL! Dude, I guess you just don't realize that Cranor's point is that the location that Harper told her was impossible? Are you saying that the fragment was blown 100 feet? Did you read this before you copied and pasted it?! According to the FBI, Harper told the interviewing agents that he found the fragment "25 feet south of the spot where President Kennedy was shot," which does not tell us whether it was behind or in front of the limo's location. The fact that the FBI agents did not bother to ask Harper whether the spot was southwest or southeast of the limo is suspicious, or, more likely, Harper did specify this, said southeast, and the agents did not record it.

I notice you ignored my point that the first two reenactment surveys put the limousine well in front of the fragment at the time of the head shot.

'Then you are legally blind or can't bring yourself to admit what is plainly visible'.

What is plainly visible is the bright sunshine: Look at every head, body, object in that sunshine and get a clue.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2020, 09:15:56 PM by Bill Chapman »

Offline Tim Nickerson

« Reply #158 on: July 20, 2020, 04:24:34 AM »

You claim that Drs Notebloom and Harper were both pathologists but I've yet to find any bios or curriculum vitae's of theirs that shows what their specialties were. Also, where can we read their statements on the fragment?

Has not.

Oh come on. Mantik isn't even a radiologist. You slur Dr Lattimer as being a quack when that label is probably morely aptly applied to Mantik.

Wow, what an awesome resume to back up your claim of certainty about the Harper fragment! !

You want to talk resumes? Have you seen the resumes of Roland Zavada, Dr. Randy Robertson, Harry C. Andrews, Richard J. Blackwell, Thomas N. Canning, Robert Chiralo, David B. Einsendrath, Ronald Francis, William K. Hartmann, Bob R. Hunt, Donald H. Janney, Ellis Kerley, Cecil W. Kirk, Charles J. Leontis, C.S. McCamy, Gerald M. McDonnel, Everett Merritt, Paul G. Roetling, Frank Scott, Robert H. Selzer, Bennet Sherman, Philip N. Slater, Clyde C. Snow, George W. Stroke, and Dr J. Lawrence Angel?

And why oh why oh why would Humes have omitted from the autopsy report any mention one of the two largest fragments on the x-rays, a fragment that just happened to be 6.5 mm in size (gosh, what a coincidence!), if he had seen this fragment on the x-rays that he took and examined on the night of the autopsy? Why?

The 6.5 mm is "just above the right eye." And as I pointed out, Humes et al did not omit it from the autopsy report. It's the 7 mm x 2 mm fragment.

"Roentgenograms of the skull reveal multiple minute fragments along a line corresponding with a line joining the above described small occipital wound and the right supra-orbital ridge. From the surface of the disrupted cerebral cortex two small irregularly shaped fragments of metal are recovered. These measure 7 x 2 mm and 3 x 1 mm.”

https://www.history-matters.com/archive/jfk/arrb/master_med_set/md3/html/Image4.htm

Let's look at the following article by Mantik:

https://jfkfacts.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/JFK-Autopsy-X-Rays-Mantik.pdf

It is copyrighted so I'll refrain from using his graphics. I'll just duplicate them myself. Looking at his first two images:

He maintains that the higher fragment, the one high in the forehead, is the 7 mm x 2 mm fragment that Humes removed. But zooming in on the lateral view we can see that that higher fragment looks to be imbedded in the frontal skull bone.  That effectively rules it out as being the larger one that Humes removed. From Humes' WC testimony;

Mr. SPECTER - When you refer to this fragment, and you are pointing there, are you referring to the fragment depicted right above the President's right eye?
Commander HUMES - Yes, sir; above and somewhat behind the President's eye.
Mr. SPECTER - Will you proceed, then, to tell us what you did then?
Commander HUMES - Yes, sir. We directed carefully in this region and in fact located this small fragment, which was in a defect in the brain tissue in just precisely this location.
Mr. SPECTER - How large was that fragment, Dr. Humes?
Commander HUMES - I refer to my notes for the measurements of that fragment.
I find in going back to my report, sir, that we found, in fact, two small fragments in this approximate location. The larger of these measured 7 by 2 mm., the smaller 3 by 1 mm.

Are you ever going to address the scientific finding that the 6.5 mm fragment image was added to the x-rays, that it is clearly an artifact, as even the HSCA's Larry Sturdivan has acknowledged?[/size]

Sturdivan believes that the fragment was an artifact but he does not believe that it was added to the x-rays. He's wrong about it being an artifact.

It's by the late John Hunt. His stuff is hard to read because he was such an arrogant sort with very limited critical thinking ability.  I'll give it a read though.

size=10pt]HUH???!!!  Neither the WC nor the HSCA FPP claimed that the bullet exited "above the right eye." They denied there was any frontal bone missing at all. The HSCA FPP claimed there was no missing frontal bone even though two of their outside experts told them there was considerable frontal bone missing in the skull x-rays. The FPP said the bullet exited on the front edge of the right parietal bone, placing the exit point on the coronal suture several centimeters above the right pterion, near the right stephanion. The WC, repeating the autopsy doctors, said the bullet exited in the middle of the right parietal bone (see CE 388 for the WC's own diagram). [/size]

Well, the exit was considerably above the right eye. But above the right eye nevertheless.The HSCA FPP placed the exit where the parietal bone meets the frontal. There was no significant amount of frontal bone missing.

Many of them admitted that they had been mistaken. What about those who reported that there was no large wound in the back of the head? Including those who actually performed the forensic examination of the body. Were  they all mistaken?

I'm going with the hard scientific evidence. You're the one who is ignoring it. You are putting your faith in the opinion of a "wannabe radiologist" who is making absolute conclusions on things seen in x-rays that were never intended to be used for such. The X-Ray machine was even outdated at the time and it was only being used to try and locate any bullet(s) that might not have exited. The X-Rays are poor quality. They were not even near the best that the machine could produce. Custer and Reed must have been under considerable stress. So, one can forgive them for producing substandard images by even the standard of the piece of crap machine itself. Optical density measurements cannot be anywhere accurately made with those X-Rays.

Neither Boswell nor Finck mentioned in their WC testimonies that frontal bone was missing and they both signed the autopsy report.

The very back of Kennedy's head cannot be made out with any clarity for more than just a few frames. But the lack of clarity is not unique to just his head. The backs of the heads of the others in the limo are "blacked out" as well.

While the location that Harper told her was improbable, his placing it that far forward it does indicate that the fragment was found considerably forward of where the limo was at the time of the head shot.

I notice you ignored my point that the first two reenactment surveys put the limousine well in front of the fragment at the time of the head shot.[/size]

The first two reenactment surveys were done on Nov 25, 1963 and Nov 27, 1963. Was Harper consulted prior to or during those surveys?
« Last Edit: July 20, 2020, 07:02:52 AM by Tim Nickerson »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #158 on: July 20, 2020, 04:24:34 AM »

Offline Tim Nickerson

« Reply #159 on: July 20, 2020, 05:41:51 AM »

From that article:

"Autopsy ballistics consultant, Pierre Finck reported to his superior, General Bloomberg, that frontal bone was missing."[50]

I read through Finck's report to the General and cannot find where he wrote that frontal bone was missing. The large wound extended up to where the bullet exited but, as I pointed out already, that didn't include any significant portion of the frontal bone.

https://www.history-matters.com/archive/jfk/arrb/master_med_set/md28/html/Image00.htm

« Last Edit: July 20, 2020, 05:45:05 AM by Tim Nickerson »