Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Fragments  (Read 10771 times)

Online Dan O'meara

Re: Fragments
« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2020, 04:14:57 AM »
Advertisement

This is the moment Kennedy and Connally are shot through. In the first frame (z224) the bullet has already passed through both men. As Kennedy emerges from behind the sign it looks like his hand is already reaching for his throat but it's not. His hand was very often in this position as he put it up and down to wave, exactly as in this picture:

In the next frame (z225)his right hand is beginning to snap shut. It is a Withdrawal (Nociceptive Flexion) Reflex, a response to trauma applied directly to the central nervous system. It is a reflex as opposed to a reaction. Connally's jacket bursts forward as the bullet loses much of its momentum, the tension of it pulling his jacket straight, from the collar, all the way down. His body is slightly twisted by the impact but he is yet to react.
In the last frame (z226) Kennedy reacts, we see his left elbow coming up as his hands move to his throat, his right hand snaps shut into a fist and flies to his throat. Connally's Stetson suddenly comes flying up. Up to this point Connally has been sat there quite serenely, this is how he looks as he passes behind the Stemmons sign and as he emerges. Suddenly he starts thrashing around and twisting his body in his seat. The very beginning of this thrashing starts in this frame.

That's what I see anyway.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2020, 04:14:57 AM »

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2020, 04:38:23 AM »
1) Connally's wrist is not exposed to being hit at the time of the head shot

The back of Connally's right wrist is directly facing the head shot, is it not?

2) CE 567 AND CE 569 are not small fragments. Those were the only two sizable fragments recovered in the limo. One struck the windshield. The other struck the chrome piece. Whatever happened to the two large fragments that you are arguing for?

I'm not arguing for two large fragments or two small fragments and how do you know what fragments caused what damage to the limo? The inside of the limo was sprayed with fragments, you can tell this by the way Connally dives to his left and the two agents up front duck for cover. Pay attention to the space in between JFK and Connally in the head shot animation. At the time of the shot a spray of material crosses that space at high speed. Neither of us has a clue what size fragments at what speed would be required to cause the damage to Connally or the car.

3) What happened to the bullet that entered his back and exited his chest? Where did it go after exiting his chest?

My theory is that it had lost a lot of momentum passing through both men which is why it pulled his jacket forward so dramatically rather than just pass cleanly through it. If it had any serious momentum left it would have passed straight through his jacket and slammed into the seat in front. Which it didn't. So I suspect it didn't make it all the way through the jacket, it somehow got caught in his clothes and he took it to Parkland hospital and it fell out on a stretcher and blah, blah, blah.
It's the magic bullet. It can do what it wants.

Offline Steve Barber

« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2020, 05:21:23 AM »
quote author=Martin Hinrichs

"What we see here is in my eyes clearly the impact-moment of the shot which hits Kennedy in his back."

"Credit Giuseppe Sabatino"

Martin

I agree.  And note that the hands go nowhere near the throat.   The right hand goes up to his mouth, and is cupped over his mouth.  I believe he may be gagging after the bullet passed through his back and exited throat, and we could also be witnessing a dry heave.   

The left hand comes up directly under the right hand.  All fingers except for the index finger, are curled.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2020, 05:21:23 AM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2020, 06:17:17 AM »
quote author=Martin Hinrichs

"What we see here is in my eyes clearly the impact-moment of the shot which hits Kennedy in his back."

"Credit Giuseppe Sabatino"

Martin

No, it isn't. The impact moment has happened earlier. Before he comes into sight. Hinrichs cheated by not including the earlier frames where Kennedy's hands are shown to be already rising as he reappears from behind the sign. His left hand is shown to be rising from about stomach level in earlier frames.

The twofer was long gone by the time JFK & Connally are seen reacting.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2020, 06:24:15 AM by Bill Chapman »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2020, 06:29:29 AM »
  I agree.  And note that the hands go nowhere near the throat.   The right hand goes up to his mouth, and is cupped over his mouth.  I believe he may be gagging after the bullet passed through his back and exited throat, and we could also be witnessing a dry heave.   

The left hand comes up directly under the right hand.  All fingers except for the index finger, are curled.

He's Superman and catches the supersonic bullet in his right hand, then appears to be putting it in his mouth

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2020, 06:29:29 AM »

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2020, 11:31:37 AM »
... where Kennedy's hands are shown to be already rising as he reappears from behind the sign. His left hand is shown to be rising from about stomach level in earlier frames.

[Referring to the animation in 'Reply #24'] It is impossible to know whether Kennedy's right hand is rising or falling as it emerges from behind the Stemmons sign. As he goes behind the sign he is in the process of lowering his hand after waving so the probability is that his right hand is actually on the way down. There are many times where Kennedy's right hand is in exactly this position during the motorcade as demonstrated by the still photo in Reply #24. The bottom line is that you don't have the slightest clue what's happening with Kennedy's right hand as he emerges from behind the sign.
As for his left hand rising in earlier frames - that is 100% not true. It is not shown in Zapruder at all. Around z175 Kennedy's right arm is leaning over the side of the limo, his right hand clasping his left. He begins to wave with his right hand and his left stays resting on his stomach area until z225. Kennedy's hand begins to reflexively snap shut in this same frame and is fully closed in z226. Importantly, it is this frame where we see Kennedy's left elbow come up as he reacts to being shot.

He's Superman and catches the supersonic bullet in his right hand, then appears to be putting it in his mouth

;D

Offline Peter Goth

« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2020, 01:20:47 PM »
Thank you  Thumb1:

You are welcome. Ask any doctor.

I showed it to 3 medical doctors, and asked if a bullet could fall out of a wound that deep.
Two of them said it was unlikely, the third said it was impossible. 
« Last Edit: July 09, 2020, 08:41:00 PM by Peter Goth »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2020, 01:20:47 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #31 on: July 09, 2020, 05:48:53 PM »
2) CE 567 AND CE 569 are not small fragments. Those were the only two sizable fragments recovered in the limo. One struck the windshield. The other struck the chrome piece.

How would you know that?
« Last Edit: July 09, 2020, 05:52:17 PM by John Iacoletti »