Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Free Book Now Available -- Hasty Judgment: Why the JFK Case Is Not Closed  (Read 34570 times)

Offline Tim Nickerson

Advertisement
Evidence, please, that Butch Burroughs was “mentally challenged”.

Mr. BALL. Were you ever in the Army?
Mr. BURROUGHS. No, sir----they tried to get me, but I couldn't pass----I passed the physical part, but the mental part----I didn't make enough points on the score, so the board sent me a card back and classifying me different.

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline Tim Nickerson

'Mentally challenged'

Mr Ball. Where did you go to school?
Mr. BURROUGHS. Well, I'm going to private school 2 days a week. I stopped going to public school in the ninth grade.
Mr. BALL. You quit in the ninth grade?
Mr. BURROUGHS. I stopped in the ninth grade, but I'm going to private school 2 days a week over in Highland Park.
Mr. BALL. You are now?
Mr. BURROUGHS. Yes; I am now.
Mr. BALL. How old are you?
Mr. BURROUGHS. Twenty-two.
Mr. BALL. What have you been doing most of your life what kind of work have you been doing?
Mr. BURROUGHS. I worked at the Texas Theatre and I helped my dad out as an apprentice, he is an electrician.
Mr. BALL. Were you ever in the Army?
Mr. BURROUGHS. No, sir----they tried to get me, but I couldn't pass----I passed the physical part, but the mental part----I didn't make enough points on the score, so the board sent me a card back and classifying me different.

Thumb1:

Offline Michael T. Griffith

The HSCA photographic experts confirmed the authenticity of the Backyard photos, did they not? Who since then has examined the actual photos and negative(s) , together with the camera, and came to a different conclusion?

I discuss the backyard rifle photos in chapter 5 of Hasty Judgment. So you are commenting on my book but have not read it? You are commenting on my response to Posner's defense of the backyard rifle photos but have not read my response?

Why don't you go read the chapter on the backyard rifle photos, chapter 5, and then address the evidence and points that I present therein?

I have also written an article that deals specifically with the HSCA photographic evidence panel's "authentication" of the backyard rifle photos: "The HSCA and Fraud in the Backyard Rifle Photos." Here's the link:

https://miketgriffith.com/files/fraud.htm

Ditto for the latent palmprint. Regarding the palmprint, after I wrote Hasty Judgment, I wrote a separate, longer analysis on the palmprint titled "Was Oswald's Palmprint Planted on the Alleged Murder Weapon?"  Here's the link:

https://miketgriffith.com/files/palmprint.htm

« Last Edit: June 27, 2020, 12:20:49 PM by Michael T. Griffith »

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline Tom Scully

Thumb1:

Don't permit your assumptions to cloud your research conclusions.

Warren "Butch" Burroughs @ 12:35 :

How common is it for management of a multi-state corp. in the business of providing a direct service to literally millions of consumers to put, as you assume, a mentally deficient employee in the position of "minding the store"?

Don't permit your assumptions to cloud your research conclusions.

How common is it for management of a multi-state corp. in the business of providing a direct service to literally millions of consumers to put, as you assume, a mentally deficient employee in the position of "minding the store"?

Good point. The myth that Oswald was somehow mentally deficient is one of the easiest lone-gunman myths to debunk. No one who is mentally deficient could learn to speak Russian like a native, nor would he get a security clearance and qualify to become a radar operator with the U-2 program, etc., etc.

JFK Assassination Forum

It tells you all you really need to know about Posner that he claimed to have interviewed people whom he never interviewed. Posner claimed he interviewed Dr. Boswell, Marinaq Oswald, and James Tague, all of whom later said they had never spoken with Posner. Posner might have gotten away with his false interview claims if he had not quoted Dr. Boswell as telling him that he, Boswell, now agreed that the entry wound on the back of the head was 4 inches higher than where he and the other autopsy doctors said it was in the autopsy report and in their HSCA testimony. Dr. Gary Aguilar thought that sounded very suspicious, so he called Boswell, who adamantly denied every speaking with Posner and who insisted that he still believed the rear entry wound was where he, Humes, and Finck originally said it was.

Armed with this knowledge, researchers contacted other people whom Posner claimed he had interviewed and discovered that Marina and Tague had never spoken with Posner either.

Offline Tim Nickerson

I discuss the backyard rifle photos in chapter 5 of Hasty Judgment. So you are commenting on my book but have not read it? You are commenting on my response to Posner's defense of the backyard rifle photos but have not read my response?

Why don't you go read the chapter on the backyard rifle photos, chapter 5, and then address the evidence and points that I present therein?

I have also written an article that deals specifically with the HSCA photographic evidence panel's "authentication" of the backyard rifle photos: "The HSCA and Fraud in the Backyard Rifle Photos." Here's the link:

https://miketgriffith.com/files/fraud.htm

Ditto for the latent palmprint. Regarding the palmprint, after I wrote Hasty Judgment, I wrote a separate, longer analysis on the palmprint titled "Was Oswald's Palmprint Planted on the Alleged Murder Weapon?"  Here's the link:

https://miketgriffith.com/files/palmprint.htm

None of those arguments hold up under scrutiny. Your backyard photo nonsense has been dealt with numerous times in this forum. Here's just one such discussion:

https://www.jfkassassinationforum.com/index.php/topic,863.0.html

You avoided addressing the information that I presented here on the palm print. Why is that?
« Last Edit: June 29, 2020, 09:23:28 PM by Tim Nickerson »

JFK Assassination Forum

None of those arguments hold up under scrutiny. Your backyard photo nonsense has been dealt with numerous times in this forum. Here's just one such discussion:

https://www.jfkassassinationforum.com/index.php/topic,863.0.html

None of my arguments and observations are refuted in that thread, not one of them. In fact, the thread fails to address several of my points.

You avoided addressing the information that I presented here on the palm print. Why is that?

Because your information does not explain the problems that I and others have pointed out with the alleged palmprint. Simply brushing aside as "mistakes" all the evidence that indicates the palmprint was not on the rifle when the FBI got it does not do much for me.

If Oswald had been given a fair trial with an honest judge, the palmprint would have been excluded for lack of a credible chain of evidence. Indeed, if the prosecution knew that the judge would be honest, they might not have even entered the palmprint into evidence given the fact that it disappeared from the rifle barrel when the rifle was turned over to the FBI on the night of 11/22 (Latona said the rifle barrel did not look like it had even been processed for prints). It was only after federal agents paid a visit to the funeral home and took prints from Oswald's corpse that the DPD magically discovered that, "Oh, yeah, did we mention we found a palmprint on the barrel?"