Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Free Book Now Available -- Hasty Judgment: Why the JFK Case Is Not Closed  (Read 34212 times)

Offline Tim Nickerson

Advertisement
And that's good enough for you? Really? Hoover said "examiners"--plural--had done so. But Liebeler said it was just Latona. What's going on?

And if it was Latona, why didn't he say a word about barrel irregularities supposedly appearing in the lift in his very extensive WC testimony? Did this important matching factor slip his mind?

At some point do not these endless contradictory stories give you pause?

Yes, that's good enough for me. Latona was the chief examiner. Whenever we say that the latent palm print was identified as being Oswald's, it's always that Latona made the match. Even though Mandella also made the match. On the lift card , you can see "a.m. 9-17-64". We can safely assume that the a.m. being Arthur Mandella. That shows that Mandella handled the lift around the same period that the positive match with the barrel was made. About a week later.

Latona wasn't asked about barrel irregularities. He was asked about whether the print was Oswald's or not.

Where is the contradiction? I don't see it.

Huh? The points of identity would have been the ulnar loops, ridge flows, principal lines, wrinkle features, and delta-point features from the palm. He said nothing about irregularities from the barrel also appearing in the lift. And he only matched five points, well below the minimum needed for a credible identification.

How is it possible that you can be so confused? You still continue to conflate two separate issues. This is the third or fourth time you've done so here. The palm print characteristics and the barrel irregularities are not the same thing. The points of identity matching the lift to the barrel would not have been the ulnar loops, ridge flows, principal lines, wrinkle features, and delta-point features from the palm. Those are palm print characteristics. None of those were left on the barrel. Day had lifted them entirely so that no trace of them remained. While five matching points of identity is below the minimum needed for a credible identification of a fingerprint or palm print, it obvious was enough for Scalice to make his positive match of the lift to the barrel.

And, pray tell, what "irregularities" would there be on the part of the rifle barrel that is protected by the stock? No one could even touch that part of the barrel unless they removed the stock.

Please stop asking me stupid questions.

Yeah, strange that his "identification" was not included in the HSCA volumes, hey? Six points--you need at least 10--many experts say 12--for a credible match.

Scalice's identification was included in the the HSCA Volumes and you dismiss that. Why would Kirk's identification being included be any different? Five points of identification was sufficient for Scalice to make his match. Six points of identification is over and above.

And none of this deals with the issue *how* the print supposedly got on the barrel.

Obviously, Oswald had disassembled the rifle sometime before his disassembling of it on Nov 21-Nov 22. Why is this stuff so hard for you?

Uh-huh. It's not like the FBI didn't blow off the DPD whenever they felt like it. Why did the DPD want the rifle back only to hand it over again on the 26th? Why would the FBI have bothered sending it back when they were going to get it back two days later? Let me guess: None of this strikes you as the least bit odd.

I already addressed that. The DPD wanted it all back because they were primarily responsible for the investigations of the crimes. The FBI sent it back because they had agreed to do so. They didn't know that they would be getting it back two days later.

Which means there was ample time to take one of the fresh palmprint lifts and transfer it to the rifle's barrel before the rifle was handed back to the FBI on the 26th.

LOL...What?? How would that be done exactly and has it ever been successfully done?

Or, they could have taken a different rifle, pressed his hand against it, and lifted that print.

They? Who were They? And what would be the point of placing Oswald's hand on a different rifle? The lift with Oswald's palm print wasn't matched to a different rifle. It was matched to the barrel of Oswald's rifle. The one that he had purchased from Klein's Sporting Goods though mail order. The same rifle that he had himself photographed holding.

I'll take Hurt's recorded interviews with Drain in 1983 and 1984 over Drain's chapter in Sneed's 2002 book. Moreover, Drain's later statement does not address Day's repeated claim that he told Drain about the print and also showed it to him when he gave him the rifle.

I'd have to listen to those recordings myself before offering my opinion on them. Where can they be listened to? For now, I'll continue to assume that Larry Sneed himself is an honest individual. Hurt is a bit of a loon. I still get a kick out of how he described the three shots that Oswald got off in Dealey Plaza.

JFK Assassination Forum

Online John Iacoletti

Obviously, Oswald had disassembled the rifle sometime before his disassembling of it on Nov 21-Nov 22. Why is this stuff so hard for you?

The lift with Oswald's palm print wasn't matched to a different rifle. It was matched to the barrel of Oswald's rifle. The one that he had purchased from Klein's Sporting Goods though mail order. The same rifle that he had himself photographed holding.

You sure like to state assumptions as fact. You don’t know Oswald disassembled that rifle on Nov 21-22. Or that he purchased it, or that it’s the same rifle in the photos.

For now, I'll continue to assume that Larry Sneed himself is an honest individual. Hurt is a bit of a loon. I still get a kick out of how he described the three shots that Oswald got off in Dealey Plaza.

You think everybody who contradicts your mythology is a “loon”.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2020, 07:24:04 AM by John Iacoletti »

Offline Michael T. Griffith

Michael, maryferrell link in my post I've quoted below opens to page of Marina's HSCA vague, barely remembered details reluctantly corroborating Marguerite's earlier claim.

Jim Martin was a WWII Navy deserter and convicted car thief with a subsequent scrape with the law, but there is consistency in the claims of all three witnesses. It is curious Martin was not background checked by the SS, a routine action of the protective advance teams, or by his two most recent employers.

Both 1930 and 1940 US Census records for Martin's family, parents Hebert John and Gertrude Martin, (brother Robert in 1940 census) inidicate James Herbert Martin's age as 3 and 13, (born no earlier than in 1926.) Yet his birthdate in the FBI's arrest report is 6 October, 1925:
See bottom of page at following link, for Martin's birthdate:
http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/viewer/showDoc.do?docId=71119&relPageId=14

Martin's US Navy enlistment date was 1 Oct., 1943, he may have been 5 days shy of his 17th birthday on that date.:
http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/viewer/showDoc.do?docId=71119&relPageId=15

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/viewer/showDoc.do?docId=71122&relPageId=8
Martin received a bad conduct discharge from the US Navy on 2 March, 1945, as a result of being A.W.O.L. and charged with crimes described below.:

June, 1945, James Herbert Martin sentenced to one year suspended and two years probation for interstate auto theft:
http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/viewer/showDoc.do?docId=71123&relPageId=3

James Herbert Martin's probation was extended two years until 1950.:
http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/viewer/showDoc.do?docId=71128&relPageId=3

In 1967, the FBI had a new D.O.B. for Martin, exactly one year younger:
http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/viewer/showDoc.do?docId=97748&relPageId=8

DPD's Jack Revill reported a background check on Martin and his wife, Wanda, on 2 Dec., 1963. Revill includes a 1926 birth year, not 1925 as displayed in Marttin's 1945 FBI arrest report. Some of Martin's employment details differ with his WC testimony:
https://web.archive.org/web/20150919002536/http://jfk.ci.dallas.tx.us/11/1173-001.gif

What do you make of this? If Martin's 1992 claim is accurate, and it explains how Marina was still in possession, in late November, of BYP missed entirely in the searches, days before, IMO it tends to support the authenticity of the BYP.

For starters, Marina's "testimony" was given with a proverbial gun pointed to her head. She was scared to death. When she initially began to answer questions honestly and her answers were not what the feds wanted to hear, she was quickly made to understand that she could find herself on the next flight back to the Soviet Union if she did not start "cooperating."

I'll say again that any attempt to defend the backyard rifle photos needs to start by providing a rational innocent explanation (1) for the DPD backyard rifle prints discovered in 1992, (2) for the fact that the Oswald stand-in in one of those prints assumed a pose that no one knew existed until 1976, and (3) for Robert and Patricia Hester's account of seeing an FBI agent with a backyard rifle photo with a while silhouette where the Oswald figure was supposed to be on 11/22, the day before the photos were allegedly "found." Start there. Because if you cannot come up with a plausible innocent explanation for those two points, there backyard photos stand exposed as frauds.

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline Thomas Graves

For starters, Marina's "testimony" was given with a proverbial gun pointed to her head. She was scared to death. When she initially began to answer questions honestly and her answers were not what the feds wanted to hear, she was quickly made to understand that she could find herself on the next flight back to the Soviet Union if she did not start "cooperating."

I'll say again that any attempt to defend the backyard rifle photos needs to start by providing a rational innocent explanation (1) for the DPD backyard rifle prints discovered in 1992, (2) for the fact that the Oswald stand-in in one of those prints assumed a pose that no one knew existed until 1976, and (3) for Robert and Patricia Hester's account of seeing an FBI agent with a backyard rifle photo with a while silhouette where the Oswald figure was supposed to be on 11/22, the day before the photos were allegedly "found." Start there. Because if you cannot come up with a plausible innocent explanation for those two points, there backyard photos stand exposed as frauds.

According to KGB true-defector Pyotr Deriabin, Marina HAD to be at the very least a low-level KGB informant.

And what about Rusophile Ruthie and the "Comrade Kostin" letter, hmm?

--  MWT  ;)
« Last Edit: July 13, 2020, 01:47:49 AM by Thomas Graves »

Offline Tim Nickerson

I've never heard of the Robert and Patricia Hester's account before. When was this account made and where can it be seen or heard?

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline Tom Scully

Please stop asking me stupid questions.

Scalice's identification was included in the the HSCA Volumes and you dismiss that. Why would Kirk's identification being included be any different? Five points of identification was sufficient for Scalice to make his match. Six points of identification is over and above.

http://www.patspeer.com/chapter4c%3Athefingerprintsofmyth?

.....The Missing Charts

I suspect worse... There are reasons to believe Scalice was biased. He worked for the New York City Police Dept. from 1956-1977. He spent much of that time as the Coordinator of the NYPD's Latent Fingerprint Unit. He was almost certainly trained by Arthur Mandella. Mandella, as we've seen, testified in a suspicious manner before the Warren Commission, with his conclusions and testimony being pretty much a rubber-stamp of the FBI's conclusions and testimony.

Was Scalice determined to support his mentor, and/or his colleagues in the FBI, by adding another piece to the evidence pile supporting Oswald's guilt? Scalice's latter-day C.V. boasted that he'd "worked closely with the Federal Bureau of Investigation concerning deaths of President John F. Kennedy and the Reverend Doctor Martin Luther King." Well, this is a bit of a shock seeing as he was supposed to be coming to an independent conclusion regarding the fingerprint evidence for these cases.

Or was Scalice merely out for attention? It seems a bit of a coincidence that, but 18 months after his appearance on Frontline, in which he presented himself as a fingerprint expert, Scalise appeared at a press conference funded by right-wingers opposed to Bill and Hillary Clinton, and presented himself as a handwriting expert, and not just any handwriting expert, mind you, but as a handwriting expert claiming Vince Foster's suicide note had been forged.

And that wasn't the last we heard of Scaiice. On March 22, 1996, Scalice appeared once again on national TV, this time on the program Unsolved Mysteries. Well, did he add any details regarding his matching the trigger guard prints to Oswald's prints? Nope, no such luck. His appearance was devoted to his latest project--he doubled-down on his claim the Foster note was forged.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fact-checker/wp/2016/05/25/no-donald-trump-theres-nothing-fishy-about-vince-fosters-suicide/
No, Donald Trump, there's nothing 'fishy' about Vince Foster's .
May 25, 2016 - The GOP presumptive nominee says some people think Foster was murdered. Five official reports said that was bunk.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/vince-foster-was-my-brother-donald-trump-should-be-ashamed/2016/05/26/95c684f2-233f-11e6-8690-f14ca9de2972_story.html
Vince Foster was my brother. Donald Trump should be ashamed ...
May 26, 2016 - I can't let his irresponsible revival of a conspiracy theory pass without comment.

Scalice died on Nov. 25, 1997.

Now, think about this. Scalice died four years after announcing a major breakthrough in the Kennedy assassination. He claimed he'd ID'ed 18 points of similarity between Oswald's prints and the trigger guard prints. And this even though Lt. Day, working with the actual trigger guard prints and not just photos of the trigger guard prints, told FBI agent Bookhout there were but 4 points on these prints that he was going to try to match to Oswald's prints......

Offline Tom Scully

"Kat" Ford emigrated from Russia after WWII. She was a native Russian speaker. The record indicates Marina described Oswald's background identically with that of Robert E. Webster's. Your post displays your claim Marina was "scared to death".
Someone so "scared" would not be selling a photo the record states was deliberately kept from investigators, so ridiculously soon after obstructing their investigation. A "scared" person, if only in consideration of the future of her two daughters, would have surrendered the photos to persuade she was fully cooperating.

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=62306&relPageId=107&search="she_had%20placed%20the%20pictures%20in%20the%20baby"

http://jfk.hood.edu/Collection/FBI%20Records%20Files/105-82555/105-82555%20Section%20100/100c.pdf

« Last Edit: July 12, 2020, 09:51:41 PM by Tom Scully »

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline Michael T. Griffith

I should have mentioned the fact that Robert Hester, who worked at a Dallas film lab and assisted the DPD with the backyard photos--that he and his wife had no way of knowing that 22 years after they gave their account, DPD backyard rifle prints would surface that showed a white silhouette where the Oswald figure was supposed to be. Of course, one can always just say this is a coincidence, if one is determined to believe the photos are genuine. If it is a coincidence, it is a whopping, remarkable coincidence. Confirmation of such a specific account 22 years later by hard evidence would usually be viewed as powerful evidence of the account's veracity.