Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Maybe Stone's "JFK" could not be made in 2020...  (Read 2432 times)

Offline Thomas Graves

Re: Maybe Stone's "JFK" could not be made in 2020...
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2020, 02:57:08 AM »
Advertisement
Clay Bertrand, well, I'm glad the movie was made...Shaw was a pretty small player but I guess, was a CIA informant like probably many were, maybe he had a CIA background. .

That's all. As for Tonkovich's response, some of the responses in that other thread have too much vitriol really, I just make some statements. That's all.

Dear Dick,

You didn't get that KGB disinformation caused Garrison and Stone to do what they did -- blame The Military Industrial Intelligence Community Complex, and specifically the CIA, for the murder of JFK?

You missed that part in the article?

Here, try it again.

https://staging.quillette.com/2018/09/27/the-soviets-and-the-jfk-conspiracy-theorists/

Sad, very, very sad.

--  MWT  ;)
« Last Edit: June 18, 2020, 05:01:51 AM by Thomas Graves »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2020, 02:57:08 AM »

Offline Richard Rubio

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2020, 03:19:38 AM »
I got that about the KGB.... sure.... I didn't need to state that. It's a bit complex. Good if you think that's a solid story, I'd lean towards it being so.

Offline John Tonkovich

« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2020, 05:22:27 AM »
Clay Bertrand, well, I'm glad the movie was made...Shaw was a pretty small player but I guess, was a CIA informant like probably many were, maybe he had a CIA background. .

That's all. As for Tonkovich's response, some of the responses in that other thread have too much vitriol really, I just make some statements. That's all.
Rubio. You have brought abortion into a discussion about an assassination. I can't understand the correlation.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2020, 05:22:27 AM »

Offline Joe Elliott

« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2020, 07:04:55 AM »

Perhaps Oliver Stones movie "JFK" should come with an advisory like "Gone With The Wind"?

Good point.

“Gone with the Wind” took advantage of people’s prejudices to portray blacks as ridiculous. To try to get people to accept, at least to a certain extent, the justice of the Confederate cause. Similarly, Oliver Stone took advantage of people’s prejudices to get people to form a negative opinion of Clay Shaw. If you can get people to despise Clay Shaw, you are half way to getting him convicted in the eyes of the public.

There is no testimony about Clay Shaw participating in outrageous gay orgies. Just that he was gay. Stone had no more right to portray Clay Shaw in a gay orgy than “Gone with the Wind” had to portray a black woman hysterically declaring that “i don't know nothin bout birthin no babies”. “Gone with the Wind” was the low point of Butterfly McQueen’s career and “JFK” was the low point of Tommy Lee Jones’s career. And there are some things you just can’t make up for.

If you want to make a movie about the JFK assassination? Fine. You want to portray a conspiracy? Fine. You want to portray a CIA conspiracy to assassinate the President? Fine. You want to portray Clay Shaw involved in a CIA conspiracy to assassinate the President? Fine. But leave out the gay orgies.

You could argue you could not make such a movie in 2020. But one would not think one could make such a movie in 1991, but they did. Maybe the Far Left is welling to overlook a lot if it pushes the overall leftist agenda.

Make a movie showing gay orgies to argue for building a wall along the Mexican border? Hollywood would never allow that. Not in 1991, not now. Make a movie showing gay orgies to sell a CIA conspiracy to assassinate a President? Look away, Look away, Look away, Dixieland.