Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Maybe Stone's "JFK" could not be made in 2020...  (Read 2350 times)

Offline Richard Rubio

Maybe Stone's "JFK" could not be made in 2020...
« on: June 17, 2020, 06:21:32 PM »
Advertisement
Maybe Stone's "JFK" could not be made in 2020... as least made the same way as the 1991 release is.

And I am talking about political correctness, those guys, David Ferry and so on, were allegedly gay and portrayed in a very negative way.

But it's not just "JFK", a lot of tv shows couldn't  do the same as well.

JFK Assassination Forum

Maybe Stone's "JFK" could not be made in 2020...
« on: June 17, 2020, 06:21:32 PM »

Offline John Tonkovich

Re: Maybe Stone's "JFK" could not be made in 2020...
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2020, 07:05:56 PM »
Maybe Stone's "JFK" could not be made in 2020... as least made the same way as the 1991 release is.

And I am talking about political correctness, those guys, David Ferry and so on, were allegedly gay and portrayed in a very negative way.

But what about abortion?

Online Gerry Down

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2020, 08:24:00 PM »

Perhaps Oliver Stones movie "JFK" should come with an advisory like "Gone With The Wind"?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2020, 08:24:00 PM »

Offline Thomas Graves

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2020, 09:26:22 PM »

Dear Dick,

It shouldn't have been made in 1991, based, as it was, on how KGB disinformation in a pro-Communist Italian newspaper in 1967 ended up motivating Jim "Carnival Barker" Garrison into changing his virtual-screenplay-in-progress JFK Assassination Theory from "Homosexual Thrill-Kill Conspiracy" to "The Evil, Evil, Evil CIA And Rest Of The Evil, Evil, Evil  Military Industrial Intelligence Community Complex Murdered JFK!"

More on that later.

For now, read this excerpt from a 1995 New York Times Magazine article:

"... The newly opened files provide yet another insight into Garrison's personality and motivation. His view of who was in the conspiracy evolved radically, from a small group of homosexuals to members of the 'military-industrial complex.' A thick folder labeled with his name contained documents and handwritten notes to himself. It included a map of the United States titled 'Massive Retaliation Complex,' which names potential witnesses or suspects in cities and cross-links them to defense contractors. In a separate memo, Garrison listed people tangentially connected to Oswald (for example, the librarian from whom Oswald checked out books) and wrote their supposed connections to the military-industrial complex. But theories about the military-industrial complex did not impress the Shaw jury. They took only 45 minutes to return a not- guilty verdict. That meant little to Garrison, who viewed the jury's decision as an oversight in an otherwise solid case. He later charged Shaw with perjury, an action that an appeals court enjoined him from continuing when it concluded he had acted in bad faith. When I finished reviewing Garrison's files, I again met with District Attorney Connick. I asked whether Oliver Stone, whose movie 'J.F.K.' portrayed Garrison as a lone hero, had ever asked to see Garrison's files. 'Heavens no. They did not even ask about them. I don't think they were probing anymore. I had the impression that Oliver Stone knew what he was going to do, had his mind made up and wasn't going to be bothered by the facts. For history, that's a shame.' Did Stone ever ask for your opinion? 'Yes, he did,' Connick says. 'I said I thought it was one of the grossest, most extreme miscarriages of justice in the annals of American judicial history. And Stone said, 'Well, we are going to do the movie anyway,' as if I was suggesting he shouldn't do it. I said: 'Well, do whatever you want to do. I have nothing to say about that. You were asking and I was telling you that it was just a miscarriage of justice. An innocent man was plucked out of somebody's mind and made a defendant in a criminal case.'"
« Last Edit: June 17, 2020, 09:35:38 PM by Thomas Graves »

Offline Thomas Graves

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2020, 10:14:38 PM »

Offline Richard Rubio

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2020, 01:46:38 AM »
Great info Thomas, thanks for all of the responses....

Offline Thomas Graves

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2020, 02:16:58 AM »
Great info Thomas, thanks for all of the responses....

Dear Dick,

What did you get out of 1) the excerpt, and 2) the article?

Can you remember anything?

--  MWT  ;)

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2020, 02:16:58 AM »

Offline Richard Rubio

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2020, 02:32:41 AM »
Clay Bertrand, well, I'm glad the movie was made...Shaw was a pretty small player but I guess, was a CIA informant like probably many were, maybe he had a CIA background. .

That's all. As for Tonkovich's response, some of the responses in that other thread have too much vitriol really, I just make some statements. That's all.