Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: A scientific look at the Single Bullet Theory.  (Read 59801 times)

Online Andrew Mason

• SPMLaw
Re: A scientific look at the Single Bullet Theory.
« Reply #112 on: August 16, 2018, 01:24:06 AM »
Advertisement
If the only information you have is that your deck is wet, then no.  You would have no basis for your "high probability" declaration.
I cannot ever recall my deck being wet from some other source other than rain.  So when it is wet, there is a high probability that it rained.  If you do not see that as a reasonable conclusion, I want you on my next jury.

No.  Where did you get that idea?  I'm asking you how you know the bullet that Todd handed Frazier is the same bullet that Tomlinson found.
Because the evidence of how it got to Frazier from Parkland satisfies me, in the absence of conspiracy evidence, that that is how it got from Parkland to Frazier.

Granted.  But one point of similarity is an "unable to identify".

When did Carl Day ever attempt to match the print that he "found"?  All he did was send an index card to Washington several days later with a print on it and claim that he "didn't have time" to photograph it or cover it with cellophane like he did with the other prints, and that he "forgot" to give it to, or even to mention it to the FBI agent he gave all the evidence to.

It boggles my mind that you don't find any of that to be the slightest bit suspicious.

That's an overstatement.  Day just said that the unidentifiable trigger guard prints "appeared to be the right middle and right ring finger of Harvey Lee Oswald, Lee Harvey Oswald".  He didn't say what he based that impression on.
It is only suspicious if Day was part of a plan to frame Oswald.

For the umpteenth time, there is no evidence that shows the gun was shipped anywhere.
Ok. You can't connect the dots. I can.  MC with s/n C2766 is found on the 6th floor.  It is indistinguishable from the gun held by Oswald that Marina identifies as Oswald's in the backyard photos. In those photos Oswald holds two communist newspapers that were determined to be issues dated March 11 and March 24, 1963 that were mailed out March 7 and March 21 respectively.  Records from Klein's show that C2766 was used to fill a fully paid order from Oswald a.k.a. A. Hidell showing a shipping address of Oswald's Dallas post box no. 2915. The order was recorded by Klein's as having been received March 13, 1963 and processed on March 20.  Oswald was arrested after a brief struggle in the Texas Theater carrying a selective service card with his photo and the name "Alek James Hidell". That is enough to explain how Oswald came to own the C2766 rifle.   If you refuse to draw that conclusion, it must be because you think someone made all that evidence fit together.  If you really think that, we are wasting out time trying to carry the discussion much further.  BTW, each piece of evidence will rarely be proven beyond a reasonable doubt by itself.  The conclusion of guilt beyond a reasonable doubt comes from examination of all the evidence.

How does holding a package tell you anything about a rifle?

Who's "we"?  The only thing that makes this evidence "fit together" is the assumptions you make in order to make it fit.  And please, dispense with your strawman that anyone thinks all the evidence (such as it is) is false.  The evidence is what it is.  It's the conclusions you make from the evidence that either are or are not justified.
In order for Oswald's rifle to get to the TSBD it had to have been brought there from somewhere else.  If he hadn't brought anything to work you would be arguing that was in favour of Oswald, which it would be.  But it works both ways: the evidence that he carried a long object to work that morning is another piece of evidence against Oswald.

Please quote Marina ever saying anything in her WC testimony about identifying Oswald's handwriting on the Seaport Traders coupon.
1 H 118:
Mr. THORNE. Exhibit No. 135 purports to be a clipping from a newspaper. It is a clipping of an advertisement, a mail coupon.
Mrs. OSWALD. I don?t know what that is.
Mr. RANKIN. Do you recognize the handwriting on it?
Mrs. OSWALD. Lee?s handwriting.
Mr. RANKIN. I offer in evidence Exhibit 135

Here is the mail coupon CE135

What is your evidence that there ever was such a card?
Because that was the evidence of the post office's system that post office employees were instructed to follow and there is no evidence that the system was not followed.  There is no evidence that the order was cancelled.

You have no basis for your assumption that the rifle in the photo is "identical".  You also don't know that the photo was taken "a few days later".  You're connecting dots that you don't even have.
Ok. It is indistinguishable from C2766. Does that make you feel better?
« Last Edit: August 17, 2018, 12:38:05 AM by Andrew Mason »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #112 on: August 16, 2018, 01:24:06 AM »

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #113 on: August 16, 2018, 02:46:17 AM »

Subjective and unscientific handwriting "analysis" of 2 block letters on a photo of a microfilm image of a 2 inch order coupon.

-sigh-

Mr. EISENBERG. You can refer to your photographs.
Mr. CADIGAN. The enlarged photograph, Cadigan Exhibit No. 3-A, contains both handwriting and hand printing which was compared with the known standards, Cadigan Exhibits Nos. 4 through 10. I compared both the handwriting and the hand printing to determine whether or not the same combination of individual handwriting characteristics was present in both the questioned and the known documents. I found many characteristics, some of which I would point out.
On the order blank, in the "A. Hidell" and in the wording "Dallas Texas" which constitutes a part of the return address, the letter "A" in Cadigan Exhibit No. 3 is made in the same manner as the capital letter "A" on Cadigan Exhibit No. 10. The letter is formed with a short straight stroke beginning about halfway up the left side. The top of it is peaked or pointed. The right side is straight, and is shorter than the initial stroke. The capital letter "D" in Dallas is characterized by a staff or downstroke slanting at about a 30? angle. The lower loop in some instances is closed. In the word "Dallas" the loop is closed, and the body of the letter ends in a rounded loop formation. The same characteristic I found in Cadigan Exhibits Nos. 4, 5, and 6 as well as other exhibits. The word "Texas" on Cadigan Exhibit No. 3-A is characterized with the letter "x" made in an unusual manner in that the writer, after completing the body of the letter, makes an abrupt change of motion to the following letter "a." This same characteristic I observed in the known standard on Cadigan Exhibits Nos. 6, 9, and 4.
In the address portion of the envelope, Cadigan Exhibit No. 3-A, appears the word "Dept." I noticed here, again, the same formation of the capital "D." In addition, the entire word "Dept" appears in the known standards on Cadigan Exhibits Nos. 5, 6, and 7. The characteristics I would point out here are in the letter "p" in Cadigan Exhibit No. 3, where the letter is made with a relatively long narrow staff, and the body of the letter is a rounded shape which projects above the staff. The letter "t" ends abruptly in a downstroke. In the hand-printing appearing in the exhibit marked Cadigan Exhibit No. 3--A, the wording "Dallas, Texas" contains a number of the same characteristics as Cadigan Exhibit No. 5, where the same wording appears, and on Cadigan Exhibits Nos. 7 and 8. The writer uses a script-type "D," and prints the other letters in the word "Dallas." The "A " again is made in a similar way to the "A" in "A. Hidell," with a beginning of the downstroke approximately three-quarters of the way up the left side of the stroke. The letter is relatively narrow, and the right-hand side of the letter is straight. In the double "L" combinations there is a curve in the lower portion of the letter. The "S" has a flat top, slanting at approximately a 30-degree angle. In the word "Texas" in Cadigan Exhibit No. 3-A the writer has used a small "e" following the letter "T." The same characteristics will be noted on Cadigan Exhibits Nos. 5, 7, and 8.
Additionally, I noted that in addition to the shape of the letters themselves, the relative heights of the letters, the spacing between the letters, the slant of the letters in both the know and questioned documents are the same.
On Cadigan Exhibit No. 3-A, in the portion for address, appears the notation "P.O. Box 2915," and this same wording appears on Cadigan Exhibit No. 5, and on No. 7 and No. 8 except for the "P.O." portion. Here, again, I observed the same formation of the individual letters; the spacing, the style, the slant of the writings in both questioned and known were observed to be the same.
The tail of the "5" is made with a relatively long stroke and the same characteristic appears in the known standards. In the hand printed name "A. Hidell," on Cadigan Exhibit No. 3-A, another characteristic I noted was the very small-sized "i" in the name "Hidell." The writer makes this letter very short in contrast to the other letters in the name. This same characteristic I observed on Cadigan Exhibit No. 10, the passport application. With reference to the "1" dot on Cadigan Exhibit No. 3 in the name "Hidell," in the return portion, the dot is relatively high and between the body of the letter and the following letter "d." In the portion of the word "Chicago"---of the name "Chicago"--in the address portion on Cadigan Exhibit No. 3, the "i" dot is between the "o" and the "g" in "Chicago" and is well above the line of writing. On Cadigan Exhibit No. 4 I observed the same displacement of the "i" dot. In some instances, it is slightly to the right of the body of the letter, as in the word "citizenship" in the sixth line from the bottom, whereas in the word "direct" in the ninth line from the bottom the "i" dot is displaced one and a half letters to the right.
Based upon the combination of these individual characteristics which I have pointed out, as well as others, I reached the opinion that the handwriting and handprinting on Cadigan Exhibit No. 3-A were written by Lee Harvey Oswald, the writer of the known standards, Cadigan Exhibits Nos. 4 through 10.

JohnM
« Last Edit: August 16, 2018, 08:28:08 AM by John Mytton »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #114 on: August 16, 2018, 08:56:57 PM »
-sigh-

Sigh, indeed.  Who filled out that envelope is irrelevant.  There's nothing to tie that envelope with that particular order coupon or any particular Klein's item.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #114 on: August 16, 2018, 08:56:57 PM »

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #115 on: August 16, 2018, 09:42:11 PM »
Sigh, indeed.  Who filled out that envelope is irrelevant.  There's nothing to tie that envelope with that particular order coupon or any particular Klein's item.

Double -sigh-

For a start, attempting to isolate a single piece of Kleins evidence is kinda silly and rather pointless but hey being dishonest is quickly becoming your trademark..

Secondly, the coupon and the envelope both have the same name and return address which rules out a clerical mix up.

Thirdly, the envelope is directed to Dept358 and the coupon has an amount written of $19.95 and guess what the only item for $19.95 in the Kleins ad is for,... an Italian Carcano. Da Dahh!

JohnM
« Last Edit: August 16, 2018, 10:22:55 PM by John Mytton »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #116 on: August 16, 2018, 11:54:38 PM »
Double -sigh-

For a start, attempting to isolate a single piece of Kleins evidence is kinda silly and rather pointless but hey being dishonest is quickly becoming your trademark..

Says the guy who was caught doing at least 3 dishonest things just today.

Secondly, the coupon and the envelope both have the same name and return address which rules out a clerical mix up.

Who said there was a clerical mixup?  I said it's irrelevant who filled out the envelope as there is no way to know that this coupon actually arrived in this envelope.

Thirdly, the envelope is directed to Dept358 and the coupon has an amount written of $19.95 and guess what the only item for $19.95 in the Kleins ad is for,... an Italian Carcano. Da Dahh!

You mean the 36" Italian Carbine?  I don't see the word "Carcano" there.  Too bad they couldn't find a money order for $19.95 though, huh?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #116 on: August 16, 2018, 11:54:38 PM »

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #117 on: August 17, 2018, 12:18:57 AM »

Who said there was a clerical mixup?  I said it's irrelevant who filled out the envelope as there is no way to know that this coupon actually arrived in this envelope.

Yet another Iacoletti deception.

This doesn't even make sense, the exact coupon amount for an Italian Carcano in the name of Hidell with Oswald's PO box is directly linked to the Envelope in the name of Hidell with Oswald's PO box number, the dept number on the Envelope specifically references the Kleins ad with an Italian Carcano which costs 19.95, precisely the same as the coupon.

Btw I understand your reluctance to insinuate that this is just more "faked" evidence because you don't want to add too many more conspirators to your massive cast. LMAO!

JohnM

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #118 on: August 17, 2018, 09:41:49 PM »
This doesn't even make sense, the exact coupon amount for an Italian Carcano in the name of Hidell with Oswald's PO box is directly linked to the Envelope in the name of Hidell with Oswald's PO box number, the dept number on the Envelope specifically references the Kleins ad with an Italian Carcano which costs 19.95, precisely the same as the coupon.

This entire paragraph is a "Mytton" deception.  There's no ad for an "Italian Carcano" and there's nothing "directly linking" that particular coupon to that particular envelope other than them being photographed next to each other.  That coupon could have been filled out at any time.

Btw I understand your reluctance to insinuate that this is just more "faked" evidence because you don't want to add too many more conspirators to your massive cast. LMAO!

Add another one to the ever growing list of "Mytton" lies.  I have no "massive cast" of conspirators.  You can't conclusively show that Oswald ever ordered anything so you try to divert by inventing strawmen to argue against.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #118 on: August 17, 2018, 09:41:49 PM »

Online Andrew Mason

• SPMLaw
« Reply #119 on: August 27, 2018, 05:09:15 PM »
This entire paragraph is a "Mytton" deception.  There's no ad for an "Italian Carcano" and there's nothing "directly linking" that particular coupon to that particular envelope other than them being photographed next to each other.  That coupon could have been filled out at any time.

Add another one to the ever growing list of "Mytton" lies.  I have no "massive cast" of conspirators.  You can't conclusively show that Oswald ever ordered anything so you try to divert by inventing strawmen to argue against.
The question is not whether a jury would necessarily conclude that Oswald was guilty. By that standard, OJ Simpson and El Sayyid Nosair were not responsible for murder. We know they were.  Juries can get hung up on an issue that they can't get past: like "did the gloves fit"? Some wingnut juror could get hung up on whether Oswald ever ordered a gun from Klein's and somehow convince themself that all the other evidence did not matter. 

The questions are: 1. is there evidence on which a successful prosecution could be made that Oswald murdered of JFK? and 2. is there is any evidence that anyone else was involved in planning and/or carrying it out? The answers have to be: 1. Yes and 2. No.  That is as far as anyone can go in this case.

The issue that this thread raised, initially: "a scientific look at the Single Bullet Theory", was whether the SBT can withstand scientific scrutiny.  In my view, it cannot.  But that does not in any way change the overwhelming case against Oswald. And, when all the evidence is examined, without the SBT there is still no evidence that anyone else was involved.  The evidence shows that the SBT is not needed to support the conclusion that Oswald murdered JFK and that he acted alone.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2018, 05:17:24 PM by Andrew Mason »