Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: The Problem with So Many JFK Assassination Pro-Conspiracy Books  (Read 2366 times)

Offline Michael T. Griffith

Re: The Problem with So Many JFK Assassination Pro-Conspiracy Books
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2020, 12:28:51 PM »
Advertisement
I have two friends who both still believe the earth is flat. One is 100% convinced there was a conspiracy in the JFK case and the other is a defender of the Warren Commission's theory. The first is a Trump supporter and the latter supports Bernie Sanders.... do the math!

Wow, that is weird.

I just became aware last week that there are still people who seem to believe the Earth is flat. I could not believe it.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2020, 12:28:51 PM »

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2020, 06:28:53 PM »
I do agree that Kennedy's attempt to negotiate with Ho Chi Minh through India was worth pursuing. Averell Harriman sabotaged this attempt in a brazen act of insubordination, without Kennedy's knowledge. This was tragic because at that point Ho feared U.S. intervention and was open to a power-sharing accommodation.

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2020, 04:59:17 AM »
Here's a wild one I just ran across------
The fundamental premise of this book is that the “Umbrella Man" was the true Filmer of the Zapruder film.
We will prove that the section of the film between the Stemmons sign and the green lamp post is a composite of Zapruder’s original background with a film taken by the infamous Umbrella man. Along with over sixty color images, we will reveal the who where how and why, and in doing so, possibly expose the location of the true assassins.
https://www.amazon.com/Umbrella-Lies-discovery-cameraman-assassination-ebook/dp/B07ZQWXSF7/ref=pd_lutyp_im_2_5/141-2606418-0179308?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B07ZQWXSF7&pd_rd_r=956c6eb8-982a-4ae3-bc32-79aaad56b059&pd_rd_w=bDcid&pd_rd_wg=sTj8y&psc=1&refRID=4Y27CKXTPF78E2JV8KZD
3 New from $29.00
I just can't wait to not buy it.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2020, 04:59:17 AM »

Offline Thomas Graves

« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2020, 05:11:36 AM »
Believe it or not, I am only now getting around to reading James Douglass's book JFK and the Unspeakable: Why He Died and Why It Matters. I am nearly done with it. On balance, I am every impressed with it. The book does a great job of bringing together the evidence that Oswald was an intelligence operative and that elements of the U.S. intelligence community, especially elements of the CIA, were involved in the plot to kill JFK. But the book spends far too much time preaching far-left political views. The book could have been 30 pages shorter if most of the political preaching had been removed.

The leftist tilt of so many pro-conspiracy books reinforces the perception that you cannot be a conservative and believe that JFK was killed by a conspiracy, that rejecting the Warren Commission's version of the shooting means you are liberal, anti-military, anti-U.S. intelligence, and even unpatriotic and prone to paranoia.

I think it is unfortunate that so many pro-conspiracy books condemn the U.S. attempt to preserve South Vietnam's independence, i.e., the Vietnam War. Why do so many pro-conspiracy authors contend that our effort to enable South Vietnam to become another South Korea was evil and imperialistic? The Korean War had its ugly and tragic aspects, and plenty of civilian casualties, but look at the result, especially compared to North Korea. Would anyone seriously suggest that the Korean Peninsula would have been better off if we had not intervened to preserve South Korea's independence? The South Vietnamese government, for all of its faults, was far better than North Vietnam's brutal communist regime.

It certainly does not help matters that some JFK conspiracy theorists have defended the nutty, irrational conspiracy theory that 9/11 was an inside job, that the Twin Towers and a nearby building were destroyed by controlled demolitions, that the Pentagon was not hit by an airliner but by a missile, etc. I live in Northern Virginia. I know people who saw the airliner flying barely 200 feet above the ground and heading straight for the Pentagon. One of my co-workers was working as a security guard at the Pentagon on 9/11 and saw part of the plane's fuselage inside the building (he still suffers from a lung condition caused by the smoke he inhaled that day).

I think the most effective pro-conspiracy books are the ones that stick to the facts of the case and that do not attempt to use the case as a springboard for pushing this the author's political views, whatever they might be.

Dear Mike,

Too many JFK Assassination Conspiracy Theories?

Nah, the more, the better ... as far as the KGB (today's SVR and FSB) has been concerned since May, 1964 (if not before).

https://www.rferl.org/a/soviets-claimed-us-right-wing-lyndon-johnson-behind-kennedy-assassination-files-show/28820677.html

Ever heard of J. Edgar Hoover's 1966 source, triple-agent Boris Orehkov (FBI's SHAMROCK), who misled Hoover into believing that the KGB had undertaken a 6-month investigation of the assassination right after it happened?

Yeah, right, sure you did, Boris.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2018/01/10/jfk-files-kgb-had-trusted-relationship-longtime-warren-commission-critic-mark-lane/1018691001/

--  MWT   Walk:

PS  Speaking of The Korean War, did you know that a never-uncovered traitorous U.S Army cipher clerk, whom the KGB/GRU referred to as JACK, inadvertently started it?
« Last Edit: June 24, 2020, 05:30:53 AM by Thomas Graves »

Offline Thomas Graves

« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2020, 05:33:25 AM »
Dear Mike,

Too many JFK Assassination Conspiracy Theories?

Nah, the more, the better ... as far as the KGB (today's SVR and FSB) has been concerned since May, 1964 (if not before).

https://www.rferl.org/a/soviets-claimed-us-right-wing-lyndon-johnson-behind-kennedy-assassination-files-show/28820677.html

Ever heard of J. Edgar Hoover's 1966 source, triple-agent Boris Orehkov (FBI's SHAMROCK), who misled Hoover into believing that the KGB had undertaken a 6-month investigation of the assassination right after it happened?

Yeah, right, sure you did, Boris.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2018/01/10/jfk-files-kgb-had-trusted-relationship-longtime-warren-commission-critic-mark-lane/1018691001/

--  MWT   Walk:

PS  Speaking of The Korean War, did you know that a never-uncovered traitorous U.S Army cipher clerk, whom the KGB/GRU referred to as JACK, inadvertently started it?

Edit:

https://www.wearethemighty.com/articles/this-us-army-sergeant-started-the-korean-war-by-selling-out-to-the-soviets

--  MWT  ;)

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2020, 05:33:25 AM »

« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2020, 02:23:13 PM »
Here's a wild one I just ran across------ https://www.amazon.com/Umbrella-Lies-discovery-cameraman-assassination-ebook/dp/B07ZQWXSF7/ref=pd_lutyp_im_2_5/141-2606418-0179308?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B07ZQWXSF7&pd_rd_r=956c6eb8-982a-4ae3-bc32-79aaad56b059&pd_rd_w=bDcid&pd_rd_wg=sTj8y&psc=1&refRID=4Y27CKXTPF78E2JV8KZD
3 New from $29.00

I don't believe Witt's nonsensical, implausible story. I doubt he was Umbrella Man. But, the idea that Umbrella Man was the cameraman seems ridiculous to me.

Offline Joe Elliott

« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2020, 05:56:34 AM »

Here's a wild one I just ran across------
The fundamental premise of this book is that the “Umbrella Man" was the true Filmer of the Zapruder film.
We will prove that the section of the film between the Stemmons sign and the green lamp post is a composite of Zapruder’s original background with a film taken by the infamous Umbrella man. Along with over sixty color images, we will reveal the who where how and why, and in doing so, possibly expose the location of the true assassins.
3 New from $29.00

That’s nothing. I can top that.

On second thought, I guess I can’t. Step aside Judyth Baker, I think we have a new king.

I wonder how he thinks he can figure out who the real assassins were and where they were shooting from when he can’t figure out who the camera men were and where they were shooting from.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2020, 06:04:21 AM by Joe Elliott »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2020, 05:56:34 AM »