Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Question about the Neuromuscular Spasm  (Read 1596 times)

Offline Joe Elliott

Question about the Neuromuscular Spasm
« on: June 24, 2020, 03:09:54 AM »
Advertisement

Can anyone cite any article, published since 1975, that argued in favor of the Neuromuscular Spasm Hypothesis, to explain JFK’s backward head movement, that did not mention the video of a goat being shot through the head?

JFK Assassination Forum

« on: June 24, 2020, 03:09:54 AM »

Offline Thomas Graves

Re: Question about the Neuromuscular Spasm
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2020, 04:25:29 AM »

Can anyone cite any article, published since 1975, that argued in favor of the Neuromuscular Spasm Hypothesis, to explain JFK’s backward head movement, that did not mention the video of a goat being shot through the head?

Joe,

Just curious -- What does it matter?

(It seems to me it might be kinda hard to prove that sort of thing by just thinking about it.)

Regardless, in JFK's case I think it's important to take into consideration the following factors when talking about the visual effects (as seen in Zapruder) of his catastrophic neuromuscular reaction:

1) He was sitting

2) He was wearing a tight corset / rigid back brace

3) Back muscles are much stronger than stomach muscles

--  MWT  ;)
« Last Edit: June 24, 2020, 04:35:49 AM by Thomas Graves »

Offline Joe Elliott

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2020, 04:56:38 AM »
Joe,

Just curious -- What does it matter?

(It seems to me it might be kinda hard to prove that sort of thing by just thinking about it.)

Regardless, in JFK's case I think it's important to take into consideration the following factors when talking about the visual effects (as seen in Zapruder) of his catastrophic neuromuscular reaction:

1) He was sitting

2) He was wearing a tight corset / rigid back brace

3) Back muscles are much stronger than stomach muscles

--  MWT  ;)

Just wondering if such an article, or section of a book, exists?  That argues for a Neuromuscular spasm, but does not cite the goat video. I suspect not.

Hard to tell? I don't think so. All one has to do is understand:

1. JFK's head kept moving faster and faster, during the quarter second it moved backwards.

2. A bullet only "deposits" momentum while it's striking the target. Once it leaves, no more momentum is transferred. No more acceleration of the head should be expected. We shouldn't see the head speed up all during z313 through z318.

3. The limousine accelerated by far too little to account for it's acceleration. During that time the head gained 2 mph, the limousine gained 0.1 mph, far to little to account for the acceleration of the head backwards.

Put the three together and the 'Jet Effect' becomes impossible, a 'Bullet Push' from a frontal bullet becomes impossible. Only a neuromuscular spasm can explain the drawn out acceleration lasting a quarter of a second.

If people really understood Classical Physics, they would not accept the hypothesis of a frontal bullet causing JFK's head to move backwards.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2020, 04:56:38 AM »

Offline Thomas Graves

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2020, 05:03:36 AM »
Just wondering if such an article, or section of a book, exists?  That argues for a Neuromuscular spasm, but does not cite the goat video. I suspect not.

Hard to tell? I don't think so. All one has to do is understand:

1. JFK's head kept moving faster and faster, during the quarter second it moved backwards.

2. A bullet only "deposits" momentum while it's striking the target. Once it leaves, no more momentum is transferred. No more acceleration of the head should be expected. We shouldn't see the head speed up all during z313 through z318.

3. The limousine accelerated by far too little to account for it's acceleration. During that time the head gained 2 mph, the limousine gained 0.1 mph, far to little to account for the acceleration of the head backwards.

Put the three together and the 'Jet Effect' becomes impossible, a 'Bullet Push' from a frontal bullet becomes impossible. Only a neuromuscular spasm can explain the drawn out acceleration lasting a quarter of a second.

If people really understood Classical Physics, they would not accept the hypothesis of a frontal bullet causing JFK's head to move backwards.

Joe,

Of course.

But ... how much, if any, do you think finding such an article would help your (correct) argument?

Are people claiming that the goat head-shot footage is inconclusive, or that it was faked?

--  MWT  ;)
« Last Edit: June 24, 2020, 05:05:59 AM by Thomas Graves »

Offline Joe Elliott

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2020, 06:46:36 PM »

Joe,

Of course.

But ... how much, if any, do you think finding such an article would help your (correct) argument?

Are people claiming that the goat head-shot footage is inconclusive, or that it was faked?

--  MWT  ;)

The question is relevant because back in 1999, Michael Griffith gave a Dr. Robert Zacharko some information. Dr. Robert Zacharko emailed him back saying that the Neuromuscular Spasm Hypothesis was a most unlikely explanation as to why JFK’s head and torso went backwards during z-313 through z-318. This is notable because this was the first and only time, so far as I know, a doctor of medicine totally discounted this hypothesis.

I find Dr. Zacharko opinion to be worthless because Michael Griffith spoon fed Dr Zacharko the information. He gave him arguments against the Neuromuscular Spasm Hypotheses. But no arguments or evidence in favor of it. Including no mention, what so ever, of a video showing what happens when a goat is shot through the brain with a rifle bullet.

Indeed, I would hold any expert’s on the JFK assassination to be worthless unless they were presented with the most important arguments and evidence of both sides. Michael Griffith feels differently, particularly when he fears he can’t get a favorable opinion if he does so.

If I was an advocate in something like a court case, arguing for the Neuromuscular Spasm Hypothesis and the biased judge ruled that I was only allowed one piece of evidence to make my case, it would be the video of the goat being shot through the brain. That evidence alone would establish that the Neuromuscular Spasm Hypotheses is possible. Other evidence (a careful study of the Zapruder film, a basic knowledge of Physics) would make it clear that it is the only hypothesis consistent with what the Zapruder film shows.

So, I was exploring the possibility, that Michael Griffith may have some weak excuse for not alerting Dr. Zacharko about the goat video. So I bring up the question:

Has any article or book, which argues in favor of the Neuromuscular Spasm Hypothesis, failed to bring up the army film of the goat being shot through the brain in 1947 (?).

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2020, 06:46:36 PM »