Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Physical Impossibilities in the Zapruder Film  (Read 9032 times)

Offline Michael T. Griffith

Re: Physical Impossibilities in the Zapruder Film
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2020, 08:35:54 PM »
Advertisement
You miss the point of the exercise, compare the distance travelled by the relatively slow moving Limo to the minuscule movement of Brehms kid. Anyway to make you happy I modified the Gif to play out at regular speed and in all cases all movements are completely harmonious.

Well, I can't make you see what you don't want to see. As many other scholars have noted, the movement of the limo is problematic, and the limo's movement does not alter the fact that in 0.56 seconds Brehm's son goes from being mostly behind him to being beside him and calmly clapping. 

Btw exactly what do you think they were trying to hide by doing the alteration as you describe?

The speeding up of the son's movements was a byproduct of the editing, not the reason for it.

Yawn, Michael it's up to you to prove your own claim, I'm frankly a bit tired of you amateur noobs saying "I see something, now you prove me wrong" how about you film your kid in the exact same circumstances and let's analyse that.

Uh, well, we can't even get to that point because you won't admit that the son's movements are the least bit problematic.

And just on a point of logic and critical thinking, why do I have to prove what I see but you don't have to prove what you see? You see nothing unnatural about the speed of the son's movements, but, apparently, you feel no obligation to cite any evidence that those movements can be carried out in the allotted time.

I've mentioned the several experiments that I did with my son and the times they produced. I didn't record them, but I have discussed their results. Why don't you do some experiments and see if you can get a kid of about Brehm's son's age to perform those movements in 0.56 seconds?

Here we go again, more speculation of what you think you see, claims are a dime a dozen around here, either back up your claims with photographic/video proof or don't but it's your credibility at risk not mine!

"Speculation of what you think you see"?  If you want to talk about credibility, you might start by making logical, credible statements. 

Again, I can't make you see what you don't want to see. When you won't admit something that the film clearly shows because you can't explain it, it is hard to have a genuine discussion. The same goes for casually indiscernible but documented movements in the film.

The marked, split-second slowing of the limousine has been documented by Luis Alvarez, who was hardly a conspiracy theorist. It doesn't take advanced math skills to understand that a 3-4-mph reduction in barely half a second would produce quite a jolt to the occupants, but we see no indication of this among them.

Here's another problem: the split-second substantial forward movement of Kennedy's head and right shoulder in Z312-313. With regard to these frames, Itek noted, "the President's head is subjected to a large acceleration forward." Itek calculated that Kennedy's head is knocked forward 2.3 inches and his right shoulder about 1.1 inches from Z312-313. This is 1/18th of a second. But, amazingly, by Z314 the head is suddenly moving backward. Are you going to tell me that you see no problem with these violent split-second opposite-direction movements? Neuro spasms and "jet effects" won't cut it, since, for one thing, such phenomena cannot produce changes in direction that quickly.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2020, 08:39:55 PM by Michael T. Griffith »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2020, 08:35:54 PM »

Offline Thomas Graves

« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2020, 03:06:57 AM »
You miss the point of the exercise, compare the distance travelled by the relatively slow moving Limo to the minuscule movement of Brehms kid. Anyway to make you happy I modified the Gif to play out at regular speed and in all cases all movements are completely harmonious. Btw exactly what do you think they were trying to hide by doing the alteration as you describe?

Yawn, Michael it's up to you to prove your own claim, I'm frankly a bit tired of you amateur noobs saying "I see something, now you prove me wrong" how about you film your kid in the exact same circumstances and let's analyse that.

Here we go again, more speculation of what you think you see, claims are a dime a dozen around here, either back up your claims with photographic/video proof or don't but it's your credibility at risk not mine!

JohnM

Excellent rebuttals, all, John.

Paranoiac, Deep-State-believing amateur sleuths dabbling in "photo analysis" wear me out, too.

Mike would probably feel more at home at the so-called EF with the likes of John Butler (unless, of course, he IS John Butler).

--  MWT  ;)
« Last Edit: June 18, 2020, 03:13:44 AM by Thomas Graves »

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2020, 08:03:19 AM »
Excellent rebuttals, all, John.

Paranoiac, Deep-State-believing amateur sleuths dabbling in "photo analysis" wear me out, too.

Mike would probably feel more at home at the so-called The pellet with the poison's in the flagon with the dragon, the vessel with the pestle has the brew that is true. with the likes of John Butler (unless, of course, he IS John Butler).

--  MWT  ;)

Thanks Thomas, I've been doing this for a long time and it's just nonsense claim after nonsense claim and these latest supposed anomalies from Griffith of action x not being able to be completed in time y are just absurd, yet every time I prove each and every one of my re-futations with graphic after graphic it's just ignored for another problem that he thinks he sees, there is no way to argue with these people mostly because they lack the expertise to analyse images/videos and thus cannot illustrate their alternative ideas as a response, so until they're blue in the face they just keep repeating the same unsubstantiated claims. -sigh-

JohnM
« Last Edit: June 18, 2020, 11:38:21 AM by John Mytton »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2020, 08:03:19 AM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2020, 12:17:24 AM »
Thanks Thomas, I've been doing this for a long time and it's just nonsense claim after nonsense claim and these latest supposed anomalies from Griffith of action x not being able to be completed in time y are just absurd, yet every time I prove each and every one of my re-futations with graphic after graphic it's just ignored for another problem that he thinks he sees, there is no way to argue with these people mostly because they lack the expertise to analyse images/videos and thus cannot illustrate their alternative ideas as a response, so until they're blue in the face they just keep repeating the same unsubstantiated claims. -sigh-

JohnM

What are you talking about? These guys are almost genuises!

Offline Michael Walton

« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2020, 02:01:46 PM »
To Michael Griffith,

You may want to read the Zavada report. In it, it was shown that the original Z film was not altered in any way. Despite what other researchers think, it would have been technically impossible to alter a home movie that was 8mm in size.

http://www.jfk-info.com/moot1.htm

----

You may want to view this synced video of Z and Nix:

You have to ask yourself how it'd be possible to alter one film and then have to alter the other film to make them match. It'd be impossible to do technically.

----

Here's a film produced by the SS in 1964:

So if the film was altered, why wouldn't they include the altered film in this government film they made? Except for the Z film being in B/W it looks exactly like the film we have all seen today. Skip to about 11:38.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2020, 02:01:46 PM »

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2020, 03:57:18 PM »
To Michael Griffith,

You may want to read the Zavada report. In it, it was shown that the original Z film was not altered in any way. Despite what other researchers think, it would have been technically impossible to alter a home movie that was 8mm in size.

http://www.jfk-info.com/moot1.htm

----

You may want to view this synced video of Z and Nix:

You have to ask yourself how it'd be possible to alter one film and then have to alter the other film to make them match. It'd be impossible to do technically.

----

Here's a film produced by the SS in 1964:

So if the film was altered, why wouldn't they include the altered film in this government film they made? Except for the Z film being in B/W it looks exactly like the film we have all seen today. Skip to about 11:38.

Yep, not one Zapruder frame has been altered in any way, wysiwyg.

JohnM

Offline Michael Walton

« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2020, 02:30:14 PM »
Yes, John, yes. What the film *actually* shows is highly suspicious. But, yes, the film itself was not altered, which is why it was kept away from public viewing for 12 long years. Put another way, I often wonder what would have happened if the film had been shown to the public that very day. Do you ever wonder why it didn't happen, John?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2020, 02:30:14 PM »

Offline Steve Barber

« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2020, 05:23:23 PM »
Yes, John, yes. What the film *actually* shows is highly suspicious. But, yes, the film itself was not altered, which is why it was kept away from public viewing for 12 long years. Put another way, I often wonder what would have happened if the film had been shown to the public that very day. Do you ever wonder why it didn't happen, John?

I know why it wasn't shown that day.  Because of the graphic nature of the film.   Besides, the contract Zapruder made with Life Magazine, stipulated that it not be made public.    Things were far, far different in 1963 than they are now, and stuff like this was far too graphic to show on TV.  Over the years, people became desensitized to such violence, so now it's not a big deal. It just shows how decadent society has become.   And i see nothing "suspicious" about what the film "actually shows".  May I ask what you expect it to show?
« Last Edit: July 04, 2020, 05:24:26 PM by Steve Barber »