Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Investigative Techniques  (Read 2391 times)

Online Charles Collins

Investigative Techniques
« on: June 11, 2020, 11:21:24 PM »
Advertisement
There is an interesting program on the Smithsonian channel called “Mayday: Air Disaster” which details and dramatizes many different major air incident investigations. The investigative techniques and strategies are spelled out. Some of which are applicable to the JFK assassination. One that is stressed over and over is starting out with no preconceptions about what might have happened. The investigators typically avoid the news and other reports while traveling to the scene to gather evidence. Then once the evidence begins to suggest to them some likely scenarios to evaluate, they start eliminating some of the possibilities. Usually they begin with the scenario that appears most likely. If that scenario is proven to be impossible (based on the evidence) then they cross it off the list and test the next scenario. When the impossible has been eliminated, they are left with the possibilities and go about the business of trying to find conclusive evidence that proves one of them is true.

This forum typically is plagued with never ending arguments between people who already have their minds made up. It would be refreshing to see how an investigation by a team of experienced NTSB investigators would approach and solve the JFK assassination.

JFK Assassination Forum

Investigative Techniques
« on: June 11, 2020, 11:21:24 PM »

Online Charles Collins

Re: Investigative Techniques
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2020, 12:12:16 PM »
The Warren Commission was formed by LBJ to make sure this didn't happen.

Thank you for helping to make the point. That is exactly the type of preconceived notion that the investigators in the air incidents are trying to avoid.

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2020, 04:07:06 PM »

The WC was formed to find if any of the rumours about conspiracies were real or unfounded.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2020, 04:07:06 PM »

Offline Thomas Graves

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2020, 04:25:24 PM »

There is evidence that the KGB planted a John Newman-like (but KREMLIN-protecting) WW III Virus in Oswald's CIA file on October 1st, 1963, in Mexico City (which was reinforced by the typed-up November 2 or November 12 "Comrade Kostin" letter to the Soviet embassy).

Factoid: J. Edgar Hoover adored KGB false defector (and CIA Counterintelligence-destroying) Yuri "The KGB Had Absolutely Nothing to Do With Oswald in the USSR" because he effectively exonerated Hoover for not having monitored Oswald closely enough.

Hoover therefore did everything he could to protect Nosenko (who had probably been programmed against "breaking," anyway) from the CIA..

Nosenko was, unfortunately, eventually "cleared" by wishful-thinking mid-level CIA officers and... gasp ... given a job teaching "counterintelligence" to new CIA recruits.

LOL

--  MWT  ;)
« Last Edit: June 13, 2020, 01:28:14 PM by Thomas Graves »

Offline Joe Elliott

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2020, 03:00:49 AM »

There is an interesting program on the Smithsonian channel called “Mayday: Air Disaster” which details and dramatizes many different major air incident investigations. The investigative techniques and strategies are spelled out. Some of which are applicable to the JFK assassination. One that is stressed over and over is starting out with no preconceptions about what might have happened. The investigators typically avoid the news and other reports while traveling to the scene to gather evidence. Then once the evidence begins to suggest to them some likely scenarios to evaluate, they start eliminating some of the possibilities. Usually they begin with the scenario that appears most likely. If that scenario is proven to be impossible (based on the evidence) then they cross it off the list and test the next scenario. When the impossible has been eliminated, they are left with the possibilities and go about the business of trying to find conclusive evidence that proves one of them is true.

This forum typically is plagued with never ending arguments between people who already have their minds made up. It would be refreshing to see how an investigation by a team of experienced NTSB investigators would approach and solve the JFK assassination.

I think that air plane crash investigators would determine that they don’t have the expertise to look into this. If they did look into it, I don’t know what they would conclude.

But I know what they wouldn’t do.

If there was a conflict between what the black boxes showed and what the eyewitnesses reported, they wouldn’t conclude that the eyewitnesses must be right and the black boxes must have been tampered with. Because how else could most or all of the eyewitnesses be wrong?

If there was a conflict between what the films of the crash showed and what the eyewitnesses reported, they wouldn’t conclude that the eyewitnesses must be right and so the films of the crash must all be fake.

If some of their experts determine that a certain part broke before the crash, not as a result of the crash, they wouldn’t reject what the experts, reject what all the experts in the world who they consult with tell them, but go with the armchair experts. Sort of like CTers ignoring what real world ballistic experts tell them what is possible and go with the armchair experts who say there is no way a MC/WCC bullet could make seven wounds and come out so ‘pristine’.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2020, 03:00:49 AM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2020, 12:09:43 PM »
I think that air plane crash investigators would determine that they don’t have the expertise to look into this. If they did look into it, I don’t know what they would conclude.

But I know what they wouldn’t do.

If there was a conflict between what the black boxes showed and what the eyewitnesses reported, they wouldn’t conclude that the eyewitnesses must be right and the black boxes must have been tampered with. Because how else could most or all of the eyewitnesses be wrong?

If there was a conflict between what the films of the crash showed and what the eyewitnesses reported, they wouldn’t conclude that the eyewitnesses must be right and so the films of the crash must all be fake.

If some of their experts determine that a certain part broke before the crash, not as a result of the crash, they wouldn’t reject what the experts, reject what all the experts in the world who they consult with tell them, but go with the armchair experts. Sort of like CTers ignoring what real world ballistic experts tell them what is possible and go with the armchair experts who say there is no way a MC/WCC bullet could make seven wounds and come out so ‘pristine’.

I agree with all of that. One air incident that involved a gun man the FBI took over the criminal aspects. But conversely, the FBI doesn’t have the expertise that the NTSB has regarding determining what caused the plane to crash. So the NTSB continued with that part of the investigation. This particular airplane hit the ground nose first, going vertical straight down, at supersonic speed. There were only small pieces of wreckage. They even found the gun (a 44-magnum revolver) in two pieces. And the truly amazing part is that there was a piece of the end of the gun man’s finger stuck between the trigger and trigger guard that they were able to get a fingerprint from. When I saw that, I wondered if there were any contrarians here that would consider that evidence inconclusive.

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2020, 01:03:42 PM »
I agree with all of that. One air incident that involved a gun man the FBI took over the criminal aspects. But conversely, the FBI doesn’t have the expertise that the NTSB has regarding determining what caused the plane to crash. So the NTSB continued with that part of the investigation. This particular airplane hit the ground nose first, going vertical straight down, at supersonic speed. There were only small pieces of wreckage. They even found the gun (a 44-magnum revolver) in two pieces. And the truly amazing part is that there was a piece of the end of the gun man’s finger stuck between the trigger and trigger guard that they were able to get a fingerprint from. When I saw that, I wondered if there were any contrarians here that would consider that evidence inconclusive.

"I wondered if there were any contrarians here that would consider that evidence inconclusive"

LOL. Contrarians find everything inconclusive. Firstly, they would need proof that that particular fingertip had been connected to a finger. And then they would need proof that the finger had been connected to a hand, the hand had been connected to an arm, the arm had been connected to a shoulder, the shoulder had been connected to a torso, and that the torso had been connected to a body.

And then proof would be needed to show probable cause and that the fingertip had been read its rights.

In my opinion the hand did it, all by itself.

'Thing' from The Addams Family
« Last Edit: June 13, 2020, 01:21:35 PM by Bill Chapman »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2020, 01:03:42 PM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2020, 01:27:45 PM »
"I wondered if there were any contrarians here that would consider that evidence inconclusive"

LOL. Contrarians find everything inconclusive. Firstly, they would need proof that that particular fingertip had been connected to a finger. And then they would need proof that the finger had been connected to a hand, the hand had been connected to an arm, the arm had been connected to a shoulder, the shoulder had been connected to a torso, and that the torso had been connected to a body.

And then proof would be needed to show probable cause and that the fingertip had been read its rights.

In my opinion the hand did it, all by itself.

'Thing' from The Addams Family

Yep!