Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Is this a mangled cufflink or a mangled bullet fragment?  (Read 1222 times)

Offline Gerry Down

Is this a mangled cufflink or a mangled bullet fragment?
« on: June 11, 2020, 02:26:46 AM »
Advertisement
The image below shows what is described in an FBI report as “Q9 – Metal fragment from the arm of Govenor John Connally”. That same report says that the lead metal from this fragment matches the lead from one of the fragments found in the limousine. So the report is identifying Q9 as a bullet fragment. DPD chief Jesse Curry wrote a book in which he included a photo of what he appears to be describing as Q9 (page 88 of that book if you have it). I have included this image below. As you can see, the fragment looks too big to have been a fragment of CE399 (the magic bullet) as per the SBT. Is it possible that the item has been misidentified as a bullet fragment and is actually a mangled cufflink, the same cufflink that John Connally says went missing from his shirt.

In his 1994 book “In History’s Shadow” John Connally mentions that one of his cufflinks went missing but he also opens the possibility that a mangled bullet might have fallen from his stretcher while he was being moved to another stretcher inside Parkland:

"A nurse spotted Nellie and handed her one of my gold cuff links. We never found the other one. But the most curious discovery of all took place when they rolled me off the stretcher, and onto the examining table. A metal object fell to the floor, with a click no louder than a wedding band. The nurse picked it up and slipped it into her pocket. It was the bullet from my body, the one that passed through my back, chest and wrist and worked itself loose from my thigh.”

In her 2003 book, Nellie Connally called this thing that fell the “true bullet” that had struck her husband (meaning not CE399):

“…Connally saw the TRUE bullet falling from his thigh at around 12:38-12:40 of Nov. 22, 1963, moments before the surgical intervention by Dr. Gregory on 2nd floor of Parkland Hospital. And he recalls that a nurse IMMEDIATELY collected it, and then she put the bullet in a brown envelope…”

The Connallys seemed to be convinced that some other bullet, or possibly bullet fragment, came in with Connally and fell to the floor. This was obviously not CE399 as there is a well known and distinct story about how that bullet was found on an empty stretcher.

JFK Assassination Forum

Is this a mangled cufflink or a mangled bullet fragment?
« on: June 11, 2020, 02:26:46 AM »

Offline Gerry Down

Re: Is this a mangled cufflink or a mangled bullet fragment?
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2020, 02:02:43 AM »
Gary Mack seemed to be of the belief that the bullet Connally heard fall to the floor was CE399:

As for the issue of the stretcher bullet Mack states, "According to his 1993 autobiography, Connally remembered a bullet fall from his pants onto the emergency room floor where a nurse scooped it up and put it in her pocket. It is fair to wonder if the nurse is the one who later put the bullet on that stretcher, thinking it was Connally's."

The above was taken from this online article: http://jfkassassination.net/parnell/cc1.htm