Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: If Oswald Was The Assassin, Did He Plan His Escape From The TSBD Very Well?  (Read 79507 times)

Online Martin Weidmann

Advertisement

I measured it in Gimp. Adams and Styles would have travelled about 93% of the distance that Oswald would have. So, no, not considerably less.

When Mrs Garner said that when the girls went to the stairs she followed them from the office to the storage space, she also said that they had already started heading down. She never saw them enter the stairwell.

I measured it in Gimp. Adams and Styles would have travelled about 93% of the distance that Oswald would have. So, no, not considerably less.

I think you are overlooking the door between the office and the storage space right behind where the girls were watching through the window. In the drawing you've got them going the long way around.

But regardless, if the girls and the shooter both left their locations directly after the shots, even by your measurements, the girls would still arrive at the stairs before the shooter. And that's not taking in account that Brennan said the shooter did not leave instantly.

When Mrs Garner said that when the girls went to the stairs she followed them from the office to the storage space, she also said that they had already started heading down. She never saw them enter the stairwell.

If she said "they had already started heading down" she knew they were already on the stairs, regardless if she actually saw them or not, right?
« Last Edit: July 09, 2020, 12:26:30 AM by Martin Weidmann »

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline John Iacoletti

If Oswald was higher up coming down the stairs there's no way they would've heard him while they were clattering down enclosed wooden steps wearing high heels.

Why is there "no way"?  Did he synchronize his footsteps with theirs somehow?
« Last Edit: July 09, 2020, 12:23:59 AM by John Iacoletti »

Offline John Iacoletti

I think you are overlooking the door between the office and the storage space right behind where the girls were watching through the window.

Thumb1:

« Last Edit: July 09, 2020, 12:25:30 AM by John Iacoletti »

JFK Assassination Forum

Online Martin Weidmann

I have Oswald's path marked in orange. There was no door directly behind Adams and Styles.

We seem to be writing at the same time. I had not seen your previous post when I wrote the post you've now responded to. In the meantime I had removed my post again.

As for there not being a door directly behind where the girls were, connecting the office and the storage space, you may wish to re-examine the 4th floor plan used by the WC, because that clearly shows the presence of that door.

Thanks to John for posting the floor plan.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2020, 12:24:54 AM by Martin Weidmann »

Offline Tim Nickerson

I think you are overlooking the door between the office and the storage space right behind where the girls were watching through the window. In the drawing you've got them going the long way around. Also, if the orange line represents the shooter, it should be longer, all the way to the south east corner.

But regardless, if the girls and the shooter both left their locations directly after the shots, even by your measurements, the girls would still arrive at the stairs before the shooter. And that's not taking in account that Brennan said the shooter did not leave instantly.

If she said "they had already started heading down" she knew they were already on the stairs, regardless if she actually saw them or not, right?

I had looked at what you are calling a door and ruled it out. In looking again at the diagram of the fourth floor, it looks like it is labeled as a door.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2020, 12:26:40 AM by Tim Nickerson »

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline Tim Nickerson

That's a much clearer image of the fourth floor diagram than I have.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2020, 12:26:23 AM by Tim Nickerson »

Online Martin Weidmann

That's a much clearer image of the fourth floor diagram than I have.

Do you agree that if the girls used that door, it would reduce the distance to the stairs even further than you had calculated?

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline Tim Nickerson

We seem to be writing at the same time. I had not seen your previous post when I wrote the post you've now responded to. In the meantime I had removed my post again.

As for there not being a door directly behind where the girls were, connecting the office and the storage space, you may wish to re-examine the 4th floor plan used by the WC, because that clearly shows the presence of that door.

Thanks to John for posting the floor plan.

I had been looking at my copy of the fourth floor plan when I was coming up with the path that I thought Adams and Styles took.  "Door" is hard to see.