Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: If Oswald Was The Assassin, Did He Plan His Escape From The TSBD Very Well?  (Read 79685 times)

Offline Gerry Down

Advertisement
The fact is that Victoria Adams disappeared completely after her WC testimony and talked to nobody until Barry Ernest showed up.

She met Mark Lane and talked to him on camera:

On camera a few weeks later, she went through the story one more time: how she left the window after the shots were fired, how she heard no one on the stairs; how she thought she saw Ruby in the crowds. But Lane and Sahl were concerned only with the latter and why Ruby happened to be where he said he wasn’t. They didn’t want to know about anything else, constantly interrupting her and bringing her back to Ruby. She couldn’t wait to get off the show. Meeting them both had not impressed Miss Adams. They didn’t want her story; neither did the government.

Ernest, Barry. The Girl on the Stairs.

JFK Assassination Forum

Online Martin Weidmann

On camera a few weeks later, she went through the story one more time: how she left the window after the shots were fired, how she heard no one on the stairs; how she thought she saw Ruby in the crowds. But Lane and Sahl were concerned only with the latter and why Ruby happened to be where he said he wasn’t. They didn’t want to know about anything else, constantly interrupting her and bringing her back to Ruby. She couldn’t wait to get off the show. Meeting them both had not impressed Miss Adams. They didn’t want her story; neither did the government.

Ernest, Barry. The Girl on the Stairs.

So where is the footage?

They didn’t want her story; neither did the government.

The WC - for obvious reasons - and perhaps Mark Lane were not interested in her story. So what?

I'm not interested in the WC fairytale.... Does that mean to you that the fairytale isn't true?

Offline Gerry Down

So where is the footage?

You'll have to ask Barry Ernst that. I suspect he no longer believes the Vicky Adams story as he doesn't seem to do any interviews/JFK conferences on this issue. It was only after Vicky Adams died that he found the signed WC testimony where she had personally put corrections on the very page that mentioned she saw Shelley.

JFK Assassination Forum

Online Martin Weidmann

You'll have to ask Barry Ernst that. I suspect he no longer believes the Vicky Adams story as he doesn't seem to do any interviews/JFK conferences on this issue. It was only after Vicky Adams died that he found the signed WC testimony where she had personally put corrections on the very page that mentioned she saw Shelley.

You do a lot of speculating, but you don't look at the time line I have presented and tell me where I am wrong. Why is that?

Offline Peter Goth

Mark Lane not being interested in Vicky Adams' story says it all.

Plus her "sighting of Ruby" at the front of the TSBD did not help her cause.

Are you forgetting the 26 volumes came out in Nov '64 -  and without proper indexing is an understatement
It took researchers almost two years  to sort it out, Weisberg makes no mention in Whitewash I or II.
II is after RtJ in 1966   Was her timing even an issue yet?  - I think that came later, after the book anyway
says it all? - hardly.   

..and do you know if she was the only one to see "Ruby"?
« Last Edit: July 05, 2020, 02:45:59 AM by Peter Goth »

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline John Iacoletti

Please demonstrate how you know Vickie Adams “personally put corrections (sic) on the very page that mentioned she saw Shelley”.

Offline Bill Chapman

I wish there was something simple in this whole mess.

Where's the fun in that?  ;)

JFK Assassination Forum

Online Dan O'meara

Dear Martin,

Gerry is not going to challenge the timeline or present an alternative. He can't as it's a solidly sensible interpretation of the available evidence (why the timeline is a threat to him is baffling). Instead he pretends to know what Mark Lane thinks and feels which is bizarre, (I can only imagine and speculate that Adams must have felt incredibly disappointed that Lane focused solely on the Ruby aspect of her account. The blame for not taking her account seriously would seem to be Lanes, not Adams).Regardless, don't bite on such rotten bait.
The importance of the timeline is that it independently confirms Adams' assertion that the Shelley/Lovelady encounter on the first floor did not happen. I would go further and suggest it was deliberately added to the WC testimony and is not a misplaced memory by Adams as I believe there is some evidence (quite slight) that Adams never saw Shelley at all on the first floor in the minutes after the shooting. There seems to be a concerted attempt to undermine Adams' testimony on this specific point:

Mr. BALL - Then what happened?
Mr. SHELLEY - Gloria Calvary from South-Western Publishing Co. ran back up there crying and said "The President has been shot" and Billy Lovelady and myself took off across the street to that little, old island and we stopped there for a minute.
Mr. BALL - Across the street, you mean directly south?
Mr. SHELLEY - Yes, slightly to the right, you know where the light is there?
Mr. BALL - Yes.
Mr. SHELLEY - That little, old side street runs in front of our building and Elm Street.
Mr. BALL - It dead ends?
Mr. SHELLEY - There's concrete between the two streets.
Mr. BALL - Elm Street dead ends there just beyond the building, doesn't it?
Mr. SHELLEY - Well, that's also Elm that goes under the triple underpass.
Mr. BALL - That is Elm that goes under the triple underpass?
Mr. SHELLEY - Yes.
Mr. BALL - You went to the concrete between the two Elm Streets?
Mr. SHELLEY - Yes, where they split.
Mr. BALL - You went out there and then what did you do?
Mr. SHELLEY - Well, officers started running down to the railroad yards and Billy and I walked down that way.
Mr. BALL - How did you get down that way; what course did you take?
Mr. SHELLEY - We walked down the middle of the little street.
Mr. BALL - The dead-end street?
Mr. SHELLEY - Yes.
Mr. BALL - Did you see Truly, Mr. Truly and an officer go into the building?
Mr. SHELLEY - Yeah, we saw them right at the front of the building while we were on the island.
Mr. BALL - While you were out there before you walked to the railroad yards?
Mr. SHELLEY - Yes.
Mr. BALL - Do you have any idea how long it was from the time you heard those three sounds or three noises until you saw Truly and Baker going into the building?
Mr. SHELLEY - It would have to be 3 or 4 minutes I would say because this girl that ran back up there was down near where the car was when the President was hit.

Shelley is saying that as they were stood on the steps Gloria Calvery came up and told them about the shooting. Both he and Lovelady immediately went across to"that little,old island" (interestingly Lovelady uses the exact same phrase in his testimony). He states they are stood there for 3 to 4 minutes before he sees Truly and Baker entering the building. WTF. This is a clear attempt to distort the timeline of events immediately after the shooting.

This Gif is part of some stunning work (I thought so anyway) by Sandy Larsen and, the one and only, Tommy Graves. It shows the moment the distraught Calvery tells Lovelady about the news. I don't know if it's already been established but I personally suspect the man stood at the bottom of the steps, turning round to get a better look at the approaching Baker is Shelley. If so, it strengthens the notion that a deliberate attempt has been made by the WC to distort events immediately after the shooting. But why?