Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: If Oswald Was The Assassin, Did He Plan His Escape From The TSBD Very Well?  (Read 76980 times)

Offline Gerry Down

Advertisement
The only interview I know of where Leavelle mentioned the intern and the intern trying to do "some kind of respiratory work on him" is the interview included in Part 2 of the documentary The Last Word on the Jim Garrison Tapes.

https://miketgriffith.com/files/jfkvideos.htm

Nice resource. I'll have a look through these.

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline Bill Chapman

Slight problem they only had Brennan to put Oswald on the sixth floor at 12:30. What do you have?

Strawman.

The commission pointed out that Brennan was certain that he could ID the shooter. They seem to be saying that's fine, but since there was no corroboration we need more than that. It seems Brennan's overall description of the shooter helped in the pursuit.

And citizens were encouraged to what today is called 'see/say' if they see something which seems suspicious to them
« Last Edit: July 01, 2020, 05:33:31 AM by Bill Chapman »

Offline Gerry Down

You would think with the USSR trying to distance themselves from any involvement in the assassination they would not allow the CPUSA to be paying anything to Mark Lane.

I guess they saw an opportunity to use JFKs death for propaganda against their adversary the CIA.

JFK Assassination Forum

Online Charles Collins

Castro took every opportunity he could to influence American opinions. From Guerrilla Prince by Georgie Anne Geyer:

It was with these radical young Americans that Castro was most successful in helping the North Vietnamese. Castro never had more than some hundreds of troops in Vietnam, although in the 1970s he had up to a thousand workers and technicians there and he himself visited Vietnam in 1973; his aid to North Vietnam was other than combat fighting. He made Havana a meeting place (the only meeting place) where groups like the American radical Weathermen could meet directly with the North Vietnamese. As early as 1963, he had established the Cuban Committee of Solidarity with South Vietnam, the first of its kind in the world. Throughout the 1960s, he organized constant meetings between the young Americans and Huynh Van Ba, the Vietcong's chief representative in Havana, who instructed the Americans how to organize more antiwar demonstrations at home, to emphasize the number of American casualties and the number of planes being shot down, and to encourage draft resistance. Van Ba was very insistent on one point that Castro understood better than anyone in the world: the Americans should be careful not to use the word "Communism," just as the revolutionary movements in Cuba and Vietnam had avoided it during the first stages of their revolutions.

Offline Gerry Down

Castro took every opportunity he could to influence American opinions. From Guerrilla Prince by Georgie Anne Geyer:

It was with these radical young Americans that Castro was most successful in helping the North Vietnamese. Castro never had more than some hundreds of troops in Vietnam, although in the 1970s he had up to a thousand workers and technicians there and he himself visited Vietnam in 1973; his aid to North Vietnam was other than combat fighting. He made Havana a meeting place (the only meeting place) where groups like the American radical Weathermen could meet directly with the North Vietnamese. As early as 1963, he had established the Cuban Committee of Solidarity with South Vietnam, the first of its kind in the world. Throughout the 1960s, he organized constant meetings between the young Americans and Huynh Van Ba, the Vietcong's chief representative in Havana, who instructed the Americans how to organize more antiwar demonstrations at home, to emphasize the number of American casualties and the number of planes being shot down, and to encourage draft resistance. Van Ba was very insistent on one point that Castro understood better than anyone in the world: the Americans should be careful not to use the word "Communism," just as the revolutionary movements in Cuba and Vietnam had avoided it during the first stages of their revolutions.

I wonder if Oswald interpreted the news coverage of JFKs stance on Vietnam as being pro-american invasion of that country and this had something to do with Oswalds sudden turn against Kennedy even though lots of people who knew Oswald said he liked Kennedy.

JFK Assassination Forum

Online Charles Collins

I wonder if Oswald interpreted the news coverage of JFKs stance on Vietnam as being pro-american invasion of that country and this had something to do with Oswalds sudden turn against Kennedy even though lots of people who knew Oswald said he liked Kennedy.

It’s possible, even probable. But in my opinion, the public threats going back and forth between JFK and Castro and the CIA backed raids on Cuba had the most influence on LHO.

Online Steve M. Galbraith

It’s possible, even probable. But in my opinion, the public threats going back and forth between JFK and Castro and the CIA backed raids on Cuba had the most influence on LHO.
Is there any evidence at all that Oswald expressed any thoughts about Vietnam? I am not aware of it. As you point out, Oswald was focused on Cuba and Castro. What's also odd, for me, is that I don't think Oswald ever mentioned the CIA? He was very critical of the FBI but said very little about the CIA.

As to "lots of people" say he liked JFK: We have DeMohrenschildt saying that Oswald "admired" JFK on the civil rights/segregation issue and Michael Paine said that Oswald praised JFK for the same matter. Marina's statements are contradictory and at odds. Other than that what is there? I can't recall offhand.

So we have two people? And supposedly (for some conspiracy believers) those two men were CIA assets (DeMohrenschildt was allegedly Oswald's "handler"). Right, so they framed Oswald and also said he admired JFK on civil rights? If they're framing him they don't say he expressed any admiration of JFK. Why would they?
« Last Edit: July 01, 2020, 07:36:10 PM by Steve M. Galbraith »

JFK Assassination Forum

Online Charles Collins

Is there any evidence at all that Oswald expressed any thoughts about Vietnam? I am not aware of it. As you point out, Oswald was focused on Cuba and Castro. What's also odd, for me, is that I don't think Oswald ever mentioned the CIA? He was very critical of the FBI but said very little about the CIA.

As to "lots of people" say he liked JFK: We have DeMohrenschildt saying that Oswald "admired" JFK on the civil rights/segregation issue and Michael Paine said that Oswald praised JFK for the same matter. Marina's statements are contradictory and at odds. Other than that what is there? I can't recall offhand.

So we have two people? And supposedly (for some conspiracy believers) those two men were CIA assets (DeMohrenschildt was allegedly Oswald's "handler"). Right, so they framed Oswald and also said he admired JFK on civil rights? If they're framing him they don't say he expressed any admiration of JFK. Why would they?

I am not aware of any evidence that LHO expressed anything about Vietnam. My reasoning is that it was a news topic and LHO appeared to follow some of the political news. And that he most likely had a similar view to Castro’s view about it. It’s even likely that LHO heard Castro’s view on his radio while listening to Cuban broadcasts.

It seems like I have read that LHO had a photo of Castro hanging in the New Orleans apartment. And that Marina added a photo of JFK that she got out of a magazine.