Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: If Oswald Was The Assassin, Did He Plan His Escape From The TSBD Very Well?  (Read 82185 times)

Offline Colin Crow

Advertisement
Page 7 of "Eyewitness to History - The Kennedy Assassination: As Seen By Howard Brennan":

...As I worked my gaze upward, I was struck by the fact that one floor, the one next to the top, seemed to be completely empty. I didn't think much about it as I reasoned everyone would want to get on as low a floor as possible for the best view. Then looking at the corner of the building, I noticed one man in the window. What drew my attention to him with all of the other people in the area, I don't know. I looked at my watch and it was about 12:22. ...

Brennan take up position on the wall about 12.24pm

Mr. BELIN. Mr. Brennan, where were you on the early part of the afternoon of November 22, 1963, say around noon or so?
Mr. BRENNAN. I left a position behind the Book Store, which is a leased part of Katy Yards, which we have fabrication for pipe for the Republic Bank Building. At 12 o'clock I went to the cafeteria on the corner of Main and Record. I believe that is it.
Mr. BELIN. That would be at Main and Record Streets in Dallas?
Mr. BRENNAN. Yes.
Mr. BELIN. And did you have your lunch there?
Mr. BRENNAN. Yes.
Mr. BELIN. And then after lunch, where did you go?
Mr. BRENNAN. I finished lunch and I glanced at a clock--I don't know exactly where the clock is located--and noticed it was 12:18. So I thought I still had a few minutes, that I might see the parade and the President. I walked to the corner of Houston and Elm.
Mr. BELIN. What route did you take to get to Houston and Elm?
Mr. BRENNAN. I went west on Main.
Mr. BELIN. You went west on Main from Record Street to--
Mr. BRENNAN. Houston.
Mr. BELIN. Houston
Mr. BRENNAN. And on the east side of Houston, I walked to Elm.
Mr. BELIN. All right.
Mr. BRENNAN. Crossed the street to the southwest corner of Houston and Elm.
Mr. BELIN. Do you have any estimate about how long it took you to get there?
Mr. BRENNAN. A possibility I would say more or less 4 minutes.
Mr. BELIN. And then what did you do when you got to the southwest corner of Houston and Elm?
Mr. BRENNAN. I stayed around a couple of minutes. There was a man having an epileptic fit, a possibility of 20 yards east--south of this corner. And they were being attended by some civilians and officers, and I believe an ambulance picked him up.

Mr. BELIN. All right.
Now, perhaps on Exhibit No. 478 you can trace your route at least along Houston Street to the time to the place where you were sitting. You recognize the intersection of Main and Houston there?

Brennan testified that he left the cafeteria about 12.18. Walked for 4 minutes to the corner of Main and Houston (12.22). He walked north on Houston and watched them pick up the man and then took up position after a couple of minutes (12.24). The ambulance called they were em route to Parkland just after 12.25, 5 minutes before the shots.

Now for the clincher......note no mention of a watch showing 12.22 when testifying under oath.

Mr. BELIN. I ask you to state, if you know, what this is.
Mr. BRENNAN. Yes. That is the retaining wall 
Representative Ford. Are those the positions where you were sitting on November 22?
Mr. BRENNAN. Yes, sir.
Representative FORD. At about 12
Mr. BRENNAN. From about 12:22 or 12:24 until the time of the assassination.

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline Colin Crow

I wonder if Mr. Crow has seen this clip from Tom Alyea showing a bottle on the window sill close to the west most window at the 0:12 mark? Did the bottle travel east to mate with the chicken sack during the search?

From memory that scene is actually the 5th floor.....could be wrong.

Offline Colin Crow

It tells me that the gun sack was moved before it was photographed. And that someone made a mistake (moving the sack before it was photographed) that they didn't want to admit.

What does it tell you?

I have provided statements from numerous officers who attended the scene prior to the arrival of Fritz. They all described either chicken, a lunch sack or both when asked about the sniper's nest. It was later described by Studebaker as a sack containing chicken about 20 feet westward near a trolley. I can only conclude from the statements provided that given the timing of their arrival that at some point before Studebaker processed it that the chicken pieces(s) were placed in the sack and it was relocated to the trolley. How is that different to your migration explanation of the gun sack? Except none of those officers placed the sack in the SE corner.

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline Colin Crow

Goth,

"Box flaps" is kinda understandable.

But why would "paper" be up there?

New location for the wrapping department?

Did the Vandals put it there?

--  MWT  ;)

Was there to put the wooden weather strip in from the window sill. To protect the strip for further analysis. It left inside the bag about 2pm. They initially removed the right side strip as they thought the assassin had fired towards Houston.

Online Charles Collins

Brennan take up position on the wall about 12.24pm

Mr. BELIN. Mr. Brennan, where were you on the early part of the afternoon of November 22, 1963, say around noon or so?
Mr. BRENNAN. I left a position behind the Book Store, which is a leased part of Katy Yards, which we have fabrication for pipe for the Republic Bank Building. At 12 o'clock I went to the cafeteria on the corner of Main and Record. I believe that is it.
Mr. BELIN. That would be at Main and Record Streets in Dallas?
Mr. BRENNAN. Yes.
Mr. BELIN. And did you have your lunch there?
Mr. BRENNAN. Yes.
Mr. BELIN. And then after lunch, where did you go?
Mr. BRENNAN. I finished lunch and I glanced at a clock--I don't know exactly where the clock is located--and noticed it was 12:18. So I thought I still had a few minutes, that I might see the parade and the President. I walked to the corner of Houston and Elm.
Mr. BELIN. What route did you take to get to Houston and Elm?
Mr. BRENNAN. I went west on Main.
Mr. BELIN. You went west on Main from Record Street to--
Mr. BRENNAN. Houston.
Mr. BELIN. Houston
Mr. BRENNAN. And on the east side of Houston, I walked to Elm.
Mr. BELIN. All right.
Mr. BRENNAN. Crossed the street to the southwest corner of Houston and Elm.
Mr. BELIN. Do you have any estimate about how long it took you to get there?
Mr. BRENNAN. A possibility I would say more or less 4 minutes.
Mr. BELIN. And then what did you do when you got to the southwest corner of Houston and Elm?
Mr. BRENNAN. I stayed around a couple of minutes. There was a man having an epileptic fit, a possibility of 20 yards east--south of this corner. And they were being attended by some civilians and officers, and I believe an ambulance picked him up.

Mr. BELIN. All right.
Now, perhaps on Exhibit No. 478 you can trace your route at least along Houston Street to the time to the place where you were sitting. You recognize the intersection of Main and Houston there?

Brennan testified that he left the cafeteria about 12.18. Walked for 4 minutes to the corner of Main and Houston (12.22). He walked north on Houston and watched them pick up the man and then took up position after a couple of minutes (12.24). The ambulance called they were em route to Parkland just after 12.25, 5 minutes before the shots.

Now for the clincher......note no mention of a watch showing 12.22 when testifying under oath.

Mr. BELIN. I ask you to state, if you know, what this is.
Mr. BRENNAN. Yes. That is the retaining wall 
Representative Ford. Are those the positions where you were sitting on November 22?
Mr. BRENNAN. Yes, sir.
Representative FORD. At about 12
Mr. BRENNAN. From about 12:22 or 12:24 until the time of the assassination.

Brennan testified that he left the cafeteria about 12.18. Walked for 4 minutes to the corner of Main and Houston (12.22). He walked north on Houston and watched them pick up the man and then took up position after a couple of minutes (12.24).

Actually he testified that it took about 4-minutes to get to Houston and Elm. Read it again.

JFK Assassination Forum

Online Charles Collins

I have provided statements from numerous officers who attended the scene prior to the arrival of Fritz. They all described either chicken, a lunch sack or both when asked about the sniper's nest. It was later described by Studebaker as a sack containing chicken about 20 feet westward near a trolley. I can only conclude from the statements provided that given the timing of their arrival that at some point before Studebaker processed it that the chicken pieces(s) were placed in the sack and it was relocated to the trolley. How is that different to your migration explanation of the gun sack? Except none of those officers placed the sack in the SE corner.

Day drew a diagram of where the gun sack was when he first saw it in the corner. Can you point to anything that pinpoints where these numerous officers supposedly saw the chicken bones and lunch sack?

Offline Colin Crow

Brennan testified that he left the cafeteria about 12.18. Walked for 4 minutes to the corner of Main and Houston (12.22). He walked north on Houston and watched them pick up the man and then took up position after a couple of minutes (12.24).

Actually he testified that it took about 4-minutes to get to Houston and Elm. Read it again.

So, 12.18 plus 4 minutes to get to Elm and Houston is 12.22. Then waited a couple of minutes to watch the man with seizure attended by ambulance for couple of minutes. That’s 12.24.

As he testified, 12.22 or 12.24. No mention of a watch under oath. Agree?

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline Colin Crow

Day drew a diagram of where the gun sack was when he first saw it in the corner. Can you point to anything that pinpoints where these numerous officers supposedly saw the chicken bones and lunch sack?

Day never saw the sack in the SN.