Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: If Oswald Was The Assassin, Did He Plan His Escape From The TSBD Very Well?  (Read 78802 times)

Offline Thomas Graves

Advertisement
What about the time between the assassination and the encounter with Baker? This is more important, right? In order to believe the lone nut fiction, we have to believe that LHO fired his final shot, hid the rifle, and descended the stairs in time to meet Baker. We have to ignore some cogent eyewitness testimony to believe any of this. Tommy's unfounded speculation that Oswald may have bought the Coke before the assassination to enhance a pre-ordained alibi seems beyond ludicrous. The truth is, there's limited compelling evidence regarding Oswald's movements. Are we also going to call Roger Craig a liar when he reported seeing Oswald coming down the hill on Elm St and entering a Rambler? Why is this ignored? Easy answer: it doesn't fit with a scenario framing Oswald. The selective amnesia of the lone nutters destroys their credibility.

Dear James

How long do you figure it would have taken Oswald to do all of that?

Two minutes?

Five?

--  MWT   Walk:

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline Paul May

What specific "history" that day or any other day are you referring to?

His leaving the dough and the ring at Ruthie's?

--  MWT  ;)

1963 was a very difficult year for Oswald. He couldn’t get and hold a job. Marina didn’t want him any longer. He bought weapons. He attempted to kill Walker. The Navy refused his request to over turn his undesirable discharge. He was living alone in a boarding house. His leaving $ and his wedding ring at Marina’s home was what investigators call “consciousness of guilt”; his behavior before and after the crime itself. Oswald had failed at virtually everything he attempted in 1963. At 24 years old, he had little left. He wanted to make an impact....some how, some way. Those who knew Oswald claim he liked JFK on a personal level. I’m not disputing that. Yet, he believed the American government was a blight on the working class and its Cuban policy archaic. Personally, I don’t believe Oswald was shooting at JFK as an individual. He shot the POTUS and all that position represented to the world.

Offline Thomas Graves

1963 was a very difficult year for Oswald. He couldn’t get and hold a job. Marina didn’t want him any longer. He bought weapons. He attempted to kill Walker. The Navy refused his request to over turn his undesirable discharge. He was living alone in a boarding house. His leaving $ and his wedding ring at Marina’s home was what investigators call “consciousness of guilt”; his behavior before and after the crime itself. Oswald had failed at virtually everything he attempted in 1963. At 24 years old, he had little left. He wanted to make an impact....some how, some way. Those who knew Oswald claim he liked JFK on a personal level. I’m not disputing that. Yet, he believed the American government was a blight on the working class and its Cuban policy archaic. Personally, I don’t believe Oswald was shooting at JFK as an individual. He shot the POTUS and all that position represented to the world.

Works for me, especially if you were to add the bit about his getting turned onto Marxism as a young lad by a "Justice For The Rosenbergs!" pamphlet he was given by an elderly woman on a NYC sidewalk.

--  MWT  ;)

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline Bill Chapman

How do you know he didn't plan it out as best he could?

His escape from the building, that is?

--  MWT  ;)

I can't see why he would need an elaborate plan. I think he expected to get caught. Resigned to his fate, he'd be pretty calm. And there's always a chance: Ditch the rifle, be cool, and let those he might encounter play their hand first.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2020, 05:55:21 PM by Bill Chapman »

Offline Paul May

Tom, since 1964, historians, so called citizen investigators et all have torn apart each and every minuscule moment of the assassination EXCEPT who was Lee Harvey Oswald and what did he represent....in his own mind. History is littered with examples of Oswalds well before 1963. Yet, Oswald, as a human being, as a tormented soul is ignored by many conspiracy types who demand answers to questions 57 years after the assassination which they’ll never get. Simply read many of the threads on this forum. Shooting trajectories, SBT, the Texas theatre, Oswald in Russia, screwed up autopsy and the list goes on and on. CIA is often the most likely culprit per most CT’s. Yet, nothing about Oswald indicates CIA involvement. In fact, was Oswald part of a nefarious CIA plot, then CIA was totally negligent. Oswald was seen the night of November 20th in a wash-o-rama doing his laundry. Seriously? Would CIA allow their assassin to be out in public 36 hours or so before the shooting where he could divulge the plan to any individual at all? Wouldn’t CIA have him in a safe house under guard? The point being, we will NEVER know any more about the event than we know today. Yet, the very same arguments rage today as they did 50+ years ago. Bizarre. I’ve spoken at venues nationally about the assassination throughout the years. The question I’m most frequently asked is: was JFK killed in a conspiracy? My response is no different today than 40-50 years ago. I’m 95% certain Oswald shot JFK all by himself. That being said, there may have been a conspiracy but I can’t prove that nor can anybody else. Ever. History has spoken.

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline Louis Earl

I AM ASSUMING LHO FIRED SHOTS FROM THE 6TH FLOOR S/E WINDOW:
Regardless of the route he took or his state of mind you have to admit that he got downstairs pretty darned fast.  After the meeting with Baker and Truly, he exited the building with only 1 more person having a recollection of seeing him.  Pretty clear he didn't exit through the front door and that shows some reasoning on his part.  I believe he could have spent some time planning his escape and he could hardly have improved over what he did. 

Offline Paul May

I AM ASSUMING LHO FIRED SHOTS FROM THE 6TH FLOOR S/E WINDOW:
Regardless of the route he took or his state of mind you have to admit that he got downstairs pretty darned fast.  After the meeting with Baker and Truly, he exited the building with only 1 more person having a recollection of seeing him.  Pretty clear he didn't exit through the front door and that shows some reasoning on his part.  I believe he could have spent some time planning his escape and he could hardly have improved over what he did.

All likely and possible. My belief, and it’s only a belief is Oswald expected to die that day. He made peace with Marina that morning and the $ and ring left with Marina was his goodbye.

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline Thomas Graves

Tom, since 1964, historians, so called citizen investigators et all have torn apart each and every minuscule moment of the assassination EXCEPT who was Lee Harvey Oswald and what did he represent....in his own mind. History is littered with examples of Oswalds well before 1963. Yet, Oswald, as a human being, as a tormented soul is ignored by many conspiracy types who demand answers to questions 57 years after the assassination which they’ll never get. Simply read many of the threads on this forum. Shooting trajectories, SBT, the Texas theatre, Oswald in Russia, screwed up autopsy and the list goes on and on. CIA is often the most likely culprit per most CT’s. Yet, nothing about Oswald indicates CIA involvement. In fact, was Oswald part of a nefarious CIA plot, then CIA was totally negligent. Oswald was seen the night of November 20th in a wash-o-rama doing his laundry. Seriously? Would CIA allow their assassin to be out in public 36 hours or so before the shooting where he could divulge the plan to any individual at all? Wouldn’t CIA have him in a safe house under guard? The point being, we will NEVER know any more about the event than we know today. Yet, the very same arguments rage today as they did 50+ years ago. Bizarre. I’ve spoken at venues nationally about the assassination throughout the years. The question I’m most frequently asked is: was JFK killed in a conspiracy? My response is no different today than 40-50 years ago. I’m 95% certain Oswald shot JFK all by himself. That being said, there may have been a conspiracy but I can’t prove that nor can anybody else. Ever. History has spoken.

Paul,

You're preaching to the choir, dude.

BUT I STILL LOVE YOU!

--  MWT  ;)