Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: If Oswald Was The Assassin, Did He Plan His Escape From The TSBD Very Well?  (Read 77019 times)

Offline Joffrey van de Wiel

Advertisement

If not Mr Piper, then it must have been a member of the assassination team.

Good afternoon Mr. Ford,

You will forgive me for editing your post in order to save space, and also to draw your attention to the quoted sentence.

A man was seen in the TSBD by multiple witnesses, wearing a brown sports coat. Presumably this same man left the building in a hurry shortly after the assassination, walked south on Houston and got into a Rambler which left at high speed. Has this man ever been identified? Perhaps he was a 'member of the assassination team?'

I will try and dig up the witness statements.

Enjoy your day sir.

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline Colin Crow

What age was the dark-complected man seen at that window by Mr Rowland? "Fifty; possibly 55 or 60."
What age was Mr Williams? _________

What kind of shirt did Mr Rowland's man have on? "Had on a plaid shirt. I think it was red and green, very bright color, that is why I remember it."
What kind of shirt did Mr Williams have on? __________

Mr Rowland's man's hair? "bald or practically bald, very thin hair if he wasn't bald"
Mr Williams' hair? __________

Doesn't sound like Mr Williams to me. Sounds a lot more like Mr Eddie Piper...

I take it you believe someone "encouraged" Williams to slowly migrate his story to be eating lunch on the 6th floor after noon. They also "encouraged" Norman and Jarman to eventually abandon their belief that Williams went up with them. If it was Piper, surely he simply becomes the de facto Williams. Black employee who left the floor before the shooting, "nothing to see here".

Online Dan O'meara

What age was the dark-complected man seen at that window by Mr Rowland? "Fifty; possibly 55 or 60."
What age was Mr Williams? _________

What kind of shirt did Mr Rowland's man have on? "Had on a plaid shirt. I think it was red and green, very bright color, that is why I remember it."
What kind of shirt did Mr Williams have on? __________

Mr Rowland's man's hair? "bald or practically bald, very thin hair if he wasn't bald"
Mr Williams' hair? __________

Doesn't sound like Mr Williams to me. Sounds a lot more like Mr Eddie Piper...

Rowland is a remarkable witness in the level of detail he observes. He qualifies his observation of the black male in the snipers nest by saying "I didn't pay very much attention to him" which I'm going to use as a 'get out' for the inaccuracy of the specific details he gives. How does an ID of Piper even begin to fit with the testimonies of Norman and Jarman? Why does Williams place himself on the 6th floor at this time? Why does Dougherty place Piper on the 1st floor but then admits to being on the 6th floor moments before and after the shooting?
I think it is far more likely Rowland messed up on the details because he was more concerned looking out for the white guy with the rifle. I will certainly be following this train of thought but in the insane madhouse of contradiction and deception that is the TSBD it's hard to know where this will lead. The 'elderly' black male in the snipers nest will probably end up being Geneva Hines. It wouldn't surprise me anymore.

JFK Assassination Forum

Online Dan O'meara

Meanwhile, the white man seen at that window some 15 minutes later was described by Mr Ronald Fischer as having had on "an open-neck shirt"; and by Mr Robert Edwards "a sport shirt, it was light colored, it was yellow or white, something to that effect".

Which rules out Mr Oswald (as if we didn't already have plenty of things doing that!)  Thumb1:

My money's still on this fellow-----------

Light-colored open neck shirt/sport shirt (~Fischer/Edwards~) under light brown jacket (~Baker~). Striking bald spot (~Euins~). And! Eminently confusable with Mr Oswald.

Thumb1:
Any more details on this guy? I've yet to come across him but he certainly looks the part (whatever that means)

Offline Gerry Down

This perfectly illustrates the problem with Vicky Adams testimony. According to the above, Normans EARLIEST account, the guys on the 5th floor ran down the back stairwell IMMEDIATELY after the shots had been fired. Which of course they didn't. They actually went to the west windows for a minute or two.

People make generalized statements, like Norman here, which people then take literally.

What likely happened is that Adams made a generalized statement early on, which she then later modified into a literal one due to bad memory.

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline Colin Crow

This perfectly illustrates the problem with Vicky Adams testimony. According to the above, Normans EARLIEST account, the guys on the 5th floor ran down the back stairwell IMMEDIATELY after the shots had been fired. Which of course they didn't. They actually went to the west windows for a minute or two.

People make generalized statements, like Norman here, which people then take literally.

What likely happened is that Adams made a generalized statement early on, which she then later modified into a literal one due to bad memory.

On three previous occasions he related the trip to the sw windows. This is not his earliest account.

Offline Colin Crow

Rowland is a remarkable witness in the level of detail he observes. He qualifies his observation of the black male in the snipers nest by saying "I didn't pay very much attention to him" which I'm going to use as a 'get out' for the inaccuracy of the specific details he gives. How does an ID of Piper even begin to fit with the testimonies of Norman and Jarman? Why does Williams place himself on the 6th floor at this time? Why does Dougherty place Piper on the 1st floor but then admits to being on the 6th floor moments before and after the shooting?
I think it is far more likely Rowland messed up on the details because he was more concerned looking out for the white guy with the rifle. I will certainly be following this train of thought but in the insane madhouse of contradiction and deception that is the TSBD it's hard to know where this will lead. The 'elderly' black male in the snipers nest will probably end up being Geneva Hines. It wouldn't surprise me anymore.

I tend to agree with you Dan. I think that we can all agree that the assembled evidence shows that the events involving Williams did not play out as they were stated in the Warren Report.

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline Gerry Down

On three previous occasions he related the trip to the sw windows. This is not his earliest account.

It shows how eyewitnesses change their story. Norman may only have said they went to the windows because Williams and Jarman said they did. Norman may have no independent recollection of going to the windows and this is coming through now in the Jan 1964 report.

Vicky Adams couldn't have come down the stars as quick as she stated for the simple reason that she would have ran straight into Truly and Baker. And of course Oswald which she claimed she never even heard on the stairs.