Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: If Oswald Was The Assassin, Did He Plan His Escape From The TSBD Very Well?  (Read 79380 times)

Offline Colin Crow

Advertisement
Hmmm... Not so sure why this is 'likely', Mr Crow. Mr Rowland gives to understand that he saw two black men (and possibly a white man) at that fifth-floor window much earlier than that:

1. He timestamps his sighting of the man with the rifle at "about 15 or 16 after 12"

2. Mr. ROWLAND - Yes. My wife and I were both looking and making remarks that the people were hanging out the windows I think the majority of them were colored people, some of them were hanging out the windows to their waist, such as this. We made several remarks to this fact, and then she started watching the colored boy, and I continued to look, and then I saw the man with the rifle.

Also--------------how do we know window(s) "B" was/were closed between noon and Messrs Jarman and Norman's arrival?

Thumb1:

Mr. BALL - What did you do when you got to the fifth floor?
Mr. JARMAN - We got out the elevator and pulled the gate down. That was in case somebody wanted to use it. Then we went to the front of the building, which is on the south side, and raised the windows.
Mr. BALL - Which windows did you raise?
Mr. JARMAN - Well, Harold raised the first window to the east side of the building, and I went to the second rear windows and raised, counting the windows, it would be the fourth one.

I seem to remember a comparison done between Hughes and Bronson images that compared windows. One of them (Bronson?) has the ambulance in the frame.

JFK Assassination Forum

Online Martin Weidmann

Mr. JARMAN - We got out the elevator and pulled the gate down. That was in case somebody wanted to use it. Then we went to the front of the building, which is on the south side, and raised the windows.
Mr. JARMAN - Well, Harold raised the first window to the east side of the building, and I went to the second rear windows and raised, counting the windows, it would be the fourth one.

I seem to remember a comparison done between Hughes and Bronson images that compared windows. One of them (Bronson?) has the ambulance in the frame.

It seems to me that if Norman and Jarman closed the door of the elevator, and Truly and Baker couldn't use the elevator (which means the door was open on the 5th floor), somebody else must have used that elevator between the two events. Could have been Williams, calling the elevator up to the 6th floor, going back down to the 5th and leaving the door open?

Offline Alan Ford

Yes, Mr Jarman claims this, but this doesn't mean we know it to be true. It could be------------like so much else with these guys--------------coached testimony or faulty memory. (They also claimed the southwest window was down after the assassination and had to be raised, whereas we know----from Ms Moorman's pre-assassination polaroid----that it was already open before the motorcade.)

The Bronson frames seem to me to show one of the windows in that southeast end pair already open. That would be the window that Mr Jarman is saying he didn't open. If Bronson is showing what I'm seeing, why on earth would Mr Norman go to an unopened window rather than the open one beside it? For that matter---------------why would Messrs Norman and Jarman put such distance between one another?

I am suggesting that the answer to both questions may be that Mr Williams was already at that open window------------and that Messrs Jarman & Norman's prior sighting of him up there explains their otherwise unaccountable decision to go to five rather than six (which was where people had talked about going to beforehand----and which offered an even better vantage point).

If this is what happened, then Mr Williams (after the assassination, realizing the true sinister role of whoever had kept him off the sixth floor) asked Messrs Norman & Jarman to pretend the three had come up to the fifth floor together. They did so, offering cover for their friend for as long as they could.

Thumb1:
« Last Edit: July 22, 2020, 08:02:45 PM by Alan Ford »

JFK Assassination Forum

Online Dan O'meara

It seems to me that if Norman and Jarman closed the door of the elevator, and Truly and Baker couldn't use the elevator (which means the door was open on the 5th floor), somebody else must have used that elevator between the two events. Could have been Williams, calling the elevator up to the 6th floor, going back down to the 5th and leaving the door open?

Who is the black male Rowland sees in the snipers nest about 12:15 and who disappears when the motorcade is a few blocks away on Main (Main and Elvary)?

Online Martin Weidmann

Who is the black male Rowland sees in the snipers nest about 12:15 and who disappears when the motorcade is a few blocks away on Main (Main and Elvary)?

My guess would be Williams

JFK Assassination Forum

Online Dan O'meara

My guess would be Williams
Mine too. I can see no other candidate who specifically places themselves in that area at that time. If anyone else has a better suggestion I'd like to hear it. If it is Williams a few things follow:
Williams was untruthful in his next-day affidavit
In his various statements he downplays how long he spent on the 6th floor
He is in the snipers nest
He is on the same floor as a white male with a rifle
He disappears from Rowland's view when the motorcade is on Main Street

This last point ties in nicely with Norman and Jarman's late arrival on the fifth floor (after hearing the motorcade was on Main Street). I would go as far to say the only reason Williams went down to the 5th is because he heard Norman and Jarman down there. He doesn't go down to the 5th floor until just before the arrival of the motorcade on Houston, approximately !2:29.
I cannot imagine how Williams is not directly involved in the assassination.

None of this holds water if the black male Rowland spots in the snipers nest window isn't Williams.

Offline Alan Ford

What age was the dark-complected man seen at that window by Mr Rowland? "Fifty; possibly 55 or 60."
What age was Mr Williams? _________

What kind of shirt did Mr Rowland's man have on? "Had on a plaid shirt. I think it was red and green, very bright color, that is why I remember it."
What kind of shirt did Mr Williams have on? __________

Mr Rowland's man's hair? "bald or practically bald, very thin hair if he wasn't bald"
Mr Williams' hair? __________

Doesn't sound like Mr Williams to me. Sounds a lot more like Mr Eddie Piper...

If not Mr Piper, then it must have been a member of the assassination team.

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline Alan Ford

Meanwhile, the white man seen at that window some 15 minutes later was described by Mr Ronald Fischer as having had on "an open-neck shirt"; and by Mr Robert Edwards "a sport shirt, it was light colored, it was yellow or white, something to that effect".

Which rules out Mr Oswald (as if we didn't already have plenty of things doing that!)  Thumb1:

My money's still on this fellow-----------

Light-colored open neck shirt/sport shirt (~Fischer/Edwards~) under light brown jacket (~Baker~). Striking bald spot (~Euins~). And! Eminently confusable with Mr Oswald.

Thumb1: