Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: If Oswald Was The Assassin, Did He Plan His Escape From The TSBD Very Well?  (Read 79478 times)

Online Dan O'meara

Advertisement
Just working on a potential exit strategy for the assassin (assuming it's not Oswald). The assassin has to get from the 6th floor to an exit, presumably on the first floor. The front entrance is not an option. Adams tells us their is a police officer at the Houston Street dock exit. IMO the best option is the side-door on the west of the TSBD, the same door Shelley and Lovelady enter the building.
When Truly and Baker reach the elevators they look up to see them both on the fifth floor. By the time they reach the fifth floor the west elevator is gone. In his affidavit Jack Dougherty states he brings the elevator down from the fifth to the first and then back up again. Assuming it takes the elevator 30 seconds to get from the 5th to the 1st floor and 30 seconds to go back up again Dougherty's trip to the first floor cannot take place before Truly and Baker arrive there. I'm assuming the assassin is with Dougherty, he travels down to the first floor and leaves the building via the shipping room side-door.
The trip to the first floor must take place between Truly and Baker arriving at the elevators initially (40 to 50 seconds after the last shot) and their arrival at the fifth floor. A rough guesstimation for Truly/Baker reaching the 5th floor = 3 to 4 minutes (let's say 3.5 minutes)
Therefore the trip down takes place between 1 and 3.5 minutes after the final shot with the elevator taking 30 seconds to make the trip.
A reasonable estimate for the elevator arriving on the 1st floor would be 3 to 3.5 minutes after the final shot. This would have the assassin arriving at the side-door within seconds of Shelley and Lovelady opening the same door.
This seems to have some interesting possibilities, especially as this may well be the exit taken by the man Roger Craig sees. Still work to do perfecting the various timelines.

JFK Assassination Forum

Online Dan O'meara

It's possible that Adams was mistaken about seeing Shelley and Lovelady but I doubt that she was. She recalled it on two separate occasions.
Although I've not read it yet I'm given to understand that in Barry Ernest's "The Girl On The Stairs" Adams categorically denies ever having made this statement and that it is a complete fabrication. She states the brief encounter was with a young African-American man. Sandra Styles denies the encounter with Shelley occurred. In his WC testimony even Shelley doesn't acknowledge it happening and Lovelady's testimony concerning this is a joke. The timelines are only confirming this reality.

Online Martin Weidmann

Although I've not read it yet I'm given to understand that in Barry Ernest's "The Girl On The Stairs" Adams categorically denies ever having made this statement and that it is a complete fabrication. She states the brief encounter was with a young African-American man. Sandra Styles denies the encounter with Shelley occurred. In his WC testimony even Shelley doesn't acknowledge it happening and Lovelady's testimony concerning this is a joke. The timelines are only confirming this reality.

All that is true, but the fact remains that in her WC testimony Adams does say she saw Shelley and Lovelady as she arrived on the 1st floor. Let's stick with that for the moment and see what Tim comes up with.

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline Tim Nickerson

Okay, can you find a way that she possibly could not have been mistaken when we know, from their testimony, that Shelley and Lovelady were outside the building when the shots were fired and did not return to the 1st floor until 12.35, just prior to the building being sealed off.

We also know that Victoria Adams re-entered the building through the main entrance at the front, after hearing a DPD radio message at 12.36. She went up the stairs to the 2nd floor, walked through the office space to the freight elevator at the back of the building and went up to the 4th floor with two police officers.

I take it that you agree that if it is physical impossible for two people to be in eyesight of eachother at a particular time, it is impossible for one of the people to have seen the other, right?

When and where exactly do you propose Adams could have seen Shelley and Lovelady inside the building?

I already agreed that it is possible that she encountered them outside the building. I say possible but it's not plausible because of the particulars that she provided during her testimony.

Offline Tim Nickerson

Sandra Styles did not rule out the encounter. She just said that she couldn't remember it.

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline Tim Nickerson

Who was the woman that Lovelady saw when he came through the first floor?

Online Martin Weidmann

I already agreed that it is possible that she encountered them outside the building. I say possible but it's not plausible because of the particulars that she provided during her testimony.

But what if the particulars she provided during her testimony simply do not match with the known facts? Please remember that her testimony was some 5 + months after the events.

The combined testimony shows that the only possible location where Adams could have crossed paths with Shelley and Lovelady is in or near the parking lot at the west side of the TSBD anywhere between 12.33 and 12.35.

If you feel it's not plausible, there surely must be some other scenario that is more plausible to you, right? I'd would appreciate it if you try to fit that scenario, whatever it is, into the known time line, if you can.

JFK Assassination Forum

Online Dan O'meara

In the book Ernest talks to Sandra Styles (married name Butler)

"A few people were milling around on the first floor," she explained. "One was a black man." That was apparently the same man Ms. Adams had mentioned. I casually asked her if William Shelley or Billy Lovelady were there.
"No," she said, emphasizing she would have recognized them since she knew both men well.

"The Girl On The Stairs" pg353

As for Billy Lovelady's WC testimony about Vicki Adams. as I say, it's a joke. Completely unprompted and totally out of context he blurts out her name:

Mr. BALL - You came in through the first floor?
Mr. LOVELADY - Right.
Mr. BALL - Who did you see in the first floor?
Mr. LOVELADY - I saw a girl but I wouldn't swear to it it's Vickie.

Read the full testimony. Nobody had mentioned anything about Vicki Adams up to that point, it was the unprovoked answer of a badly coached witness. He even goes on to say Shelley was talking with her, something Shelley had already denied.
It's okay if you don't want to accept the timeline Martin's putting forward. It's not mandatory. But at least it's reasonable.