Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: If Oswald Was The Assassin, Did He Plan His Escape From The TSBD Very Well?  (Read 79787 times)

Offline John Mytton

Re: If Oswald Was The Assassin, Did He Plan His Escape From The TSBD Very Well?
« Reply #1000 on: August 07, 2020, 04:55:51 AM »
Advertisement
You've been studying this case for how long? Well over 20 years? And you're still clueless on the facts of it. The DPD voluntarily handed over evidence to the FBI and Nov 22. It's right there in Curry's sworn testimony.

Mr. Curry. But we finally, the night, about midnight of Friday night, we agreed to let the FBI have all the evidence and they said they would bring it to their laboratory and they would have an agent stand by and when they were finished with it to return it to us.

The FBI never flat-out demanded that the DPD hand over any of the evidence at any time. Nor could they.

Thumb1:

The FBI said that there was no palm print on the rifle.
The FBI said that the fingerprints on the trigger guard did not have enough points for a positive ID.
The FBI said that the fibers were a match to Oswald's shirt but could not be proven exclusively.
The FBI said that there was not enough evidence to say that the rifle was in the bag.
The FBI said that Lt Day didn't inform them about the palm print.
And on it goes, it looks like to me that the FBI analysed the evidence to their usual standards, so I'd like to know why giving the FBI the evidence was meant to screw over Oswald??

JohnM

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #1000 on: August 07, 2020, 04:55:51 AM »

Offline Colin Crow

« Reply #1001 on: August 07, 2020, 06:02:19 AM »
You've been studying this case for how long? Well over 20 years? And you're still clueless on the facts of it. The DPD voluntarily handed over evidence to the FBI and Nov 22. It's right there in Curry's sworn testimony.

Mr. Curry. But we finally, the night, about midnight of Friday night, we agreed to let the FBI have all the evidence and they said they would bring it to their laboratory and they would have an agent stand by and when they were finished with it to return it to us.

The FBI never flat-out demanded that the DPD hand over any of the evidence at any time. Nor could they.

Any similar letter for the 22nd Tim? I did post the relevant testimony from Hoover and Curry. Seems fairly straightforward. Fritz did not want the evidence released.

Mr. HOOVER. That is correct, When President Johnson returned to Washington he communicated with me within the first 24 hours, and asked the Bureau to pick up the investigation of the assassination because as you are aware, there is no Federal jurisdiction for such an investigation. It is not a Federal crime to kill or attack the President or the Vice President or any of the continuity of officers who would succeed to the Presidency.
However, the President has a right to request the Bureau to make special investigations, and in this instance he asked that this investigation be made. I immediately assigned a special force headed by the special agent in charge at Dallas, Tex., to initiate the investigation, and to get all details and facts concerning it, which we obtained, and then prepared a report which we submitted to the Attorney General for transmission to the President.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2020, 06:12:46 AM by Colin Crow »

Offline Colin Crow

« Reply #1002 on: August 07, 2020, 06:09:55 AM »
Thumb1:

The FBI said that there was no palm print on the rifle.
The FBI said that the fingerprints on the trigger guard did not have enough points for a positive ID.
The FBI said that the fibers were a match to Oswald's shirt but could not be proven exclusively.
The FBI said that there was not enough evidence to say that the rifle was in the bag.
The FBI said that Lt Day didn't inform them about the palm print.
And on it goes, it looks like to me that the FBI analysed the evidence to their usual standards, so I'd like to know why giving the FBI the evidence was meant to screw over Oswald??

JohnM

Who is claiming giving the evidence was done with the intention of screwing over Oswald?

Why did the DPD fail to completely comply with the initial request?

Why would the DPD not hand over the bottle and lunchsack for analysis? Why didn’t the FBI query the DPD about it? What if Oswald‘s prints were all over them, do you think eating greasy chicken might lead to deposition of some fingerprints on glass and paper?

Fritz was considering that an employee was involved in a plot that evening, yet a couple of days later Day simply accepts an employee's ownership of material that was reported to be in the SN by numerous officers first on the scene. No bother to simply fingerprint Williams and check with the bag and bottle to corroborate his claim the day after Oswald is killed.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2020, 06:15:04 AM by Colin Crow »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #1002 on: August 07, 2020, 06:09:55 AM »

Offline Tim Nickerson

« Reply #1003 on: August 07, 2020, 06:14:18 AM »
Any similar letter for the 22nd Tim? I did post the relevant testimony from Hoover and Curry. Seems fairly straightforward. Fritz did not want the evidence released.

There is no similar letter for the 22nd.  I don't know if Fritz wanted the DPD to hang onto the evidence or not. It really wouldn't have mattered what he wanted. Curry was the Chief.

Offline Colin Crow

« Reply #1004 on: August 07, 2020, 06:24:01 AM »
There is no similar letter for the 22nd.  I don't know if Fritz wanted the DPD to hang onto the evidence or not. It really wouldn't have mattered what he wanted. Curry was the Chief.

Posted a couple of pages back in a post you replied to.....

Mr. CURRY - Now, subsequent to that, we felt this, that this was a murder that had been committed in the county, city and county of Dallas, and that we had prior, I mean we had jurisdiction over this. The FBI actually had no jurisdiction over it, the Secret Service actually had no jurisdiction over it. But in an effort to cooperate with these agencies we went all out to do whatever they wanted us to do that we could do to let them observe what was taking place, but actually we knew that this was a case that happened in Dallas, Tex., and would have to be tried in Dallas, Tex., and it was our responsibility to gather the evidence and present the evidence.
We kept getting calls from the FBI. They wanted this evidence up in Washington, in the laboratory, and there was some discussion, Fritz told me, he says, "Well, I need the evidence here, I need to get some people to try to identify the gun, to try to identify this pistol and these things, and if it is in Washington how can I do it?"
But we finally, the night, about midnight of Friday night, we agreed to let the FBI have all the evidence and they said they would bring it to their laboratory and they would have an agent stand by and when they were finished with it to return it to us."

You must have missed it.

We were talking of the initial evidence scoop up on the Friday evening not the second one on the afternoon of the 26th.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2020, 06:57:55 AM by Colin Crow »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #1004 on: August 07, 2020, 06:24:01 AM »

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #1005 on: August 07, 2020, 09:18:21 AM »
But you do agree that Williams is up on the 6th floor having his lunch at the time Rowland makes his observation?

I'm not convinced of that at all, Mr O'Meara!

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #1006 on: August 07, 2020, 10:21:12 AM »
This isn't just to you Tim but anyone who might have an idea or even a good guess.
Why, after badgering the DPD to give them the evidence, do the FBI return the evidence on the 24th only to take it back permanently on the 26th?
They initially take it at almost midnight on the 22nd. It arrives in Washington in the early hours of the 23rd and is returned on the 24th. Surely the FBI had no time to carry out any real investigation of the evidence. So why return it?
Is there any documentation relating to this event?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #1006 on: August 07, 2020, 10:21:12 AM »

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #1007 on: August 07, 2020, 10:25:33 AM »
It seems unlikely but could it be anything to do with the murder of Oswald on the 24th?